The great debate

>the great debate

To be fair, the Vikings, and to a lesser extent, the Lions, make the playoffs semi-regularly.

They are just both inept once they get there.

1. Vikings
2. Bills
3. Browns
4. Lions

in terms of super bowl era success.

sexy ""girl""

nice dubs sandwich btw

1. Vikings
2. Bills
3. Browns
4. Lions

2 and 3 are a little debatable, but it would be hard to convince me. 1 and 4 are clear. This is assuming you are not weighting recent years more and only counting Super Bowl era years.

1. Browns
2. Browns
3. Browsn
4. Browns

The Eagles

Certainly recently but the Browns were a decent franchise until the 90's

this

The Vikings are better than the Chargers.

They entered the NFL 1 year apart (1961 vs 1960).

The Vikings have been to 4 SBs and have not won.

The Chargers have been to 1 SB and did not win. But they won the AFL championship in '63, and went to the title game 4 out of 5 years in the early '60s.

1) Vikings
2) Bills
3) Chargers
4) Browns
5) Lions

Where do the Bengals rank in this mess?

The browns were created in the 90s, if I remember correctly.

but (we) get to live in one of the best cities on the east coast, while detroit minneapolis cleveland and buffalo are stuck in... well, detroit minneapolis cleveland and buffalo

Theyve been around since the 40's. The Baltimore Ravens are the old Cleveland Browns when they moved there in 1996. Cleveland got another team in 1999.

So the old browns history belongs to the ravens.

Good question, how would you rank the Chargers, Bengals, and Browns all time?

>Cleveland got another team in 1999.

they rank as pls delet this ;w;

That's actually what happened.

In 1995, owner Art Modell, who had purchased the Browns in 1961, announced plans to move the team to Baltimore, Maryland. After threats of legal action from the city of Cleveland and fans, a compromise was reached in early 1996 that allowed Modell to establish the Baltimore Ravens as a new franchise while retaining the contracts of all Browns personnel.

No it doesn't. It belong to the Browns. Both in spirit and legality. Look up Baltimore Ravens all time record anywhere, it only includes 1996-present

Philly is shit got a cousin that lives there

Detroit is shit yeah

IDK bout buffalo

Cleveland is miserable

Minneapalis is the shit though. Best city of the 5 and supper underrated. cold tho but that's okay.

1. Vikings - one of the top franchises in terms of the number of great players they've had but no championships of any significance (1 pre-merger NFL champ, but they went in on to lose the owl); maybe the most crushing losses of any team

2. Bills - very close to #1. 2 AFL championships. 4 straight AFC champs followed by 4 straight crushing owl loses.

3. Lions - 4 NFL championships, dynasty in the 50s, tons of great players in that era. Wasted several superstars' careers. Inept management, crumbling rust belt city. At least they have good ole days to look back to.

4. Browns - very similar to Lions. 4 AAFC championships in the 40s, 4 NFL championships/dynasty in the 50s, tons of great players in that era, including one of the GOAT football players. Probably ruined more first round draft picks careers than anyone. Inept management, crumbling rust belt city. At least they have good ole days to look back to.

Jets

hardest fucking period you have nothing and anything you love is taken away from you or embarrassing as fuck

Clevland has it bad but they have fucking ohio state for college and lions have Michigan

>college memeball
>any consolation

Vikings are pretty fucking great actually.

Unless you just look at a wiki page and see Superbowls: 0, which understandably most do. But when you get into the details the Vikings are a historically great franchise

The Lions' last championship was 1957, and since then they have only won 1 playoff game total. 59 seasons. Only one with a playoff win, in 1991.

They win.

Lions haven't won a playoff game since like '89, that's ever worse than the Bengals. And if by semi regularly you mean twice in over a decade then okay lol.

>0 Superbowls
>great
I don't think you know what great means, Cletus.

Losing 4 Superbowls I guess is better than losing 4 Superbowls in a row.

The difference between AFC and NFC was unreally high at the time, basically think of East vs West in modern NBA, the gap was much bigger than even that.

For like 15 years the Superbowl was just a formality that always ended with an NFC victory, since there was a bunch of super rich teams that could afford to ouspend everyone (Cowboys, 49ers, Giants, Redskins) and they all happened to play in the NFC. Only after the salary cap got introduced in the mid 90s the league finally some more parity.

No it was in 1991 the Lions have won a playoff game more recently then the Bengals.

>Cardinals somehow manage to skate under the WOAT radar again

1.vikings
2.bills
3.detiolet
4.turds

Vikings "success" is more spread out. Bills had a great era but failed 4 times to win a superbowl and have been shit since.

What about Atlanta/philly/bungles/cardinals

Also teams like the Jets and Saints just have one fluke SB win and a ton of disappointments before and after

A lot of shit franchises in the nfl

>Lions
>loveable

The team maybe but the fans are utter scum. They act like self-pitying "gimme a hug" crybaby faggots for most of the time, but during the rare season when they manage to win more than 8 games they start acting like they're the God's gift to football with the most unreal degree of arrogance I've ever witnessed. To put this in some perspective, this is a team that won like one playoff game since the 60s, and it was 30 years ago. It's on par with the village idiot acting like he's an aristocrat because he won 100 bucks in the local raffle.

The only other group of people that even come close to the same degree of unwarranted entitlement and delusion are Michigan Wolverines fans, which I guess isn't too surprising considering Michigan and Lions fans often happen to be the same people.

>Lions
Have been shit since the 60's 0 Superb Owl appearances, 0-16, 1 playoff win since the 60's.

>Browns
expansion team, terrible team name, least creative mascot, fans had their actual team taken from them by a greedy old jew.

>Vikings
0 Major championships, one of the greatest teams to never win an Owl in 98, 4 loses in Owls one to the fucking Chiefs.

>Bills
4 Superb Owl loses in a row, wide right, forced to play in a division with the Dolphins and Patriots, currently longest playoff drought in American sports

Vikings have had it pretty good compared to the other 3, It can be argued the Bills have suffered more then the Lions although the Lions went 0-16 they also have no idea what it is like to lose a Superb Owl. The Browns have suffered the most though.

I m pretty sure you are describing every single fanbase in the NFL.

>cletus
Sup reddit

fair enough.

they were in St Louis from 1960-1987 and didn't do shit.

In Phoenix since 1988 and lost the only SB they were in.

You have to go back to the Chicago Cards to find any winning, and it was only for two years, 1947-1948.

They are arguably worse than the Vikings or Bills.

Modell is a gay cuck

Bills can't beat NFC East in Superb Owls. I wonder what will happen if the owl ever comes down to the Bills and the Iggles

Good I'll grant you, great absolutely not. Utterly average since 2001.

Cards don't even play in Phoenix and I'm not sure they ever did.

wut.

they were actually called the Phoenix Cardinals before changing the name to Arizona Cardinals.

For the Super Bowl era only, from best to worst: Bengals, Chargers, Browns.

Bengals and Chargers have at least gone to Super Bowls, but got BTFO by the 49ers.

its browns and its not even close

These are all shrinking cities. So what is the great debate?

are we all just trying to maga on the internet so we can all feel better about ourselves

This year there will be four NFL teams that, in less than 10 days, will eclipse the Lions entire playoff victory win total from the past 21575 days.

>0-16

I'll just leave that there. Not even the great Cleveland Browns could accomplish that feat.

bungles had to go to icy detoilet for their owl

fucking this. it's hard being a jets fan, we play 2nd fiddle to the giants and everyone else and it's not because we think we're superior.. shit just happens.

and our only SB was rigged

When they first moved here they played at the ASU football stadium which is in Tempe and Tempe is a part of the Phoenix metro area so they called themselves the Phoenix Cardinals for a few years

Or just sports fans in generals. I've been more of an insufferable faggot during the Giants even year dynasty

>any Minnesota sports team professional or otherwise.
Fuck Cleveland we have the longest drought of any championship victory. It really tests me as a sports fan some days.

Twins baseball 87 and 91 no you dont

Even when Cleveland finally wins one, they immediately have another team blow a 3-1 championship lead and another go 1-15

They played in Tempe and now they're in Spicdale. I would actually love if they moved to Phoenix proper like the Dbacks.

Ever heard of Buffalo? Pretty sure they won literally nothing.

>Playoff game winners
>In MY thread

Not so fast

1. 0-16
2. 1 playoff win since 1957
3. Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson
4. 0 Super Bowl appearances
5. Last playoff win was 9124 days ago (still going)

You still have a chance, Michigan man.

Falcons are great
Panthers are great
Eagles are great
Chargers are great
Bengal are great

Cowboys. Nobody suffers as much as us :(

At least the Bengals get to the Playoffs extremely frequently. Lions had one of the worst playoff droughts in the league

Yeah the big shitshow is that they moved to Baltimore and won a superbowl when they could've done the same in cleaveland eventually. The new browns haven't regained their footing since being sold