Saddest music stories thread. Go

Saddest music stories thread. Go.
Mia Zapata was murdered and raped at the age 27, while walking on the streets of Seattle. Her murder went unsolved for 10 years. She never lived to see their second album released and was killed pretty much in her prime.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yBbl3RpgNN4
nme.com/news/music/cay-1277458
youtube.com/watch?v=ht9qxAIh824
discogs.com/artist/2895884-Katrina-Vasquez
youtu.be/sIf_zr8P8Wc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackson_C._Frank
youtube.com/watch?v=j9jbdgZidu8
youtube.com/watch?v=Vnzpg5GgQCo
thomfekete.bandcamp.com/album/burner
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That is pretty sad.

Anything to do with Layne Staley is sad

>pretty much in her prime
you mean 13 years before that?

agreed, poor layne

what?

For Squirrels

90s alternative rock band that was on the cusp of success. Singer and bassist died in a car crash on their way home from their first major tour. Largely forgotten now. Ironically the song they're best known for is a tribute to Kurt Cobain. The lyrics are haunting as fuck given the context.

youtube.com/watch?v=yBbl3RpgNN4

>Her rapist was a muscular black man.
I mean I have nothing against blacks but it really does write itself.

I thought he was mexican

Cuban-American, evidently black though (as of the 2012 census, 9.3% of Cuba's population identify as black, just a bit of trivia).

ahh gotcha

I mean Kurt Cobains story is sad

... And All The Could Have Been.

Wasnt there some indie band that died in a car crash when going on tour, they were not that well known but it happend last year I think

Seems to be a common trend for unknown bands sadly.

Palma Violets? They all died in a car crash in Sweden, though that was a few years ago if I recall.

These Tront comics are so fucking autistic but I love them so much

Srsly? What the fuck.

I remember some Borisu comics that I liked but I don't see them anymore.

Viola Beach and their manager all died after their car drove off a bridge in Sweden.

Got confused, Viola Beach - The Parma Violets are still alive.

ah, it was viola beach.
huge fall

Taylor Mitchell was mauled to death by coyotes.
That rarely ever happens to humans. Actually, almost never.

A sad story is Syd Barrett's life story. (Original singer for pink floyd) He lost his fucking mind and it destroyed his friends.

Anet Mook from the band Cay died kind of mysteriously. Her former bandmates released a really vague press release saying she died from being hit by "a bus or train," never specifying which one.
Also, the guitarist blatantly said he never liked her in the release.
nme.com/news/music/cay-1277458
The whole situation is fishy and fucked.

youtube.com/watch?v=ht9qxAIh824

very, very little has ever been known about anet, though. nobody knows when or where she was born, or if "anet mook" was even her real name.

Anyone familiar with Haji's Kitchen?

Katrina Vasquez of the band Pumalin. Died on the way home from their first gig. Their only official release was a cover of Cherry-Coloured Funk by Cocteau Twins, but she released a few demos before she died.
discogs.com/artist/2895884-Katrina-Vasquez

Couldn't have happened to an uglier girl. It's sad, don't get me wrong, but damn she's ugly.

Poor lad
youtu.be/sIf_zr8P8Wc

Anything to do with richey is sad desu

He could be a cunt sometimes, but was always polite and chill. Massive talent too, he could have written some fantastic books. Such a shame.

Sssort of, if you count 'listened to two of their songs on Youtube' as familiar. What's the story?

Remember when Cash Askew died?

I remember when Cash Askew died.

What does Seinfeld play?

Why the fuck hasn't anyone posted Jackson C. Frank yet?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackson_C._Frank

>dated a hot model
>friends with the 60s NY art folk scene lke Paul Simon and shit

yeah he had lows in his life but way higher highs than 99.9% of the population

>Edwards was killed on the A381 road between Harbertonford and Halwell near where he lived in Totnes in Devon, on 3 September 2010, when a cylindrical hay bale weighing 1,300 pounds (590 kg) rolled down a hillside and collided with the van he was driving.

dude
>childhood gf dies along with a bunch of schoolmates
>gets burns all over his body
>anxiety and depression
>unsuccesful debut album
>moves back to USA
>son dies of cystic fibrosis
>gets divorced
>moves back in with parents
>runs away to NY to find Paul Simon
>ends up homeless
>gets found by fan
>unable to sing/play anymore
>gets shot in the eye
>dies

He might've had some ups but every up was closely followed by a heavy down completely negating the up.

The Exploding Hearts. Their only album, Guitar Romantic, is actually considered quite influental.

Michael Menson was set on fire by three men and died of the injuries, which covered almost all of his body, a fortnight later. Police did not investigate originally as they believed he'd set himself on fire.

The guitarist and manager actually survived the crash.

I can't remember who it was, but their was a musician who was part of a duo and did his own project whose home was targeted by a serial killer who broke in and killed him and his whole family. I hope somebody knows who I am talking about.

That was Bryan Harvey of House of Freaks. Him, his wife and his two daughters were all tied up in their basement and murdered in the Richmond spree killings.

The story of the dude from The Angelic Process was pretty sad. He got a hand injury, was unable to continue playing music, fell to depression and eventually committed suicide. The fact that The Angelic Process was just him and his girlfriend makes it all the worse.

I mean there's The Shaggs but that's just a little more disturbing then sad

not only was he shot in the eye, he was shot for no other reason than for the kids amusement
has no fuckin clue what he's talking about, if anybody has suffered the most it's him

will you tell me what happened?

The brief 60s art folk scene was the only good thing in his music career, after that short period it gets worse and worse and worse till it just becomes a Marquis de Sade novel without sex

Kirsty MacColl
youtube.com/watch?v=j9jbdgZidu8

Killed by a speeding motorboat in an area it shouldn't have been.
Managed to push her kids out of the way, saving them before she was struck.

bet she was a liberal who welcomed the vibrant enrichment visited upon her

>tfw no qt goth gf to sing Cocteau Twins covers with

Please elaborate

What's also terrible about that is that it seems likely that the person driving the boat at the time was a rich businessman who managed to get away with it by paying a boathand to take the blame saying he was the driver, who was himself able to avoid prison by paying a fine equivalent to $90, as is allowed under Mexican law for prison sentences of the length he was sentenced to.

edgy : ^ )

hes making a pedophile joke

>House of Freaks
I'm really surprised that people know of them here.

desu, I mostly know about them because the guy was murdered rather than the other way around

the dude from deerhunter has a serious genetic condition and could die at any point

Not really. Modern medicine allows for a greater lifespan and quality of life for those suffering from Marfan syndrome. He probably still won't live a full lifespan but as long as he is monitored fairly regularly and takes his meds, he'll be fine.

its not that serious. he just looks like shit but hes perfectly healthy

especially how poor and shallow his actual music was desu

their dad pulled them out of school and made them write and record songs in their basement-turned-studio bc a fortune teller told him his kids would be famous musicians. They weren't very good, and so although the lyrics are interesting, their album is fucking awful instrumentally. It's like a cult-classic 'outsider art' piece as a result.

Thom Fekete from Surfer Blood was sad.

Dude got fucked hard; developed a rare and aggressive stomach cancer, had to quit the band, a year later he was dead.

>(original singer for Pink Floyd)
Thanks for the clear-up famalam.
Pink Floyd is so obscure no one on Sup Forums knows or fetishizes over their former lead singer

Np dude
Really? I had no idea pink Floyd were so obscure.
Also, where do you live? I want to fuck you.

Poor fucking bastard, Jesus.

Denmark, just come on over
I know tons of obscure alternative bands:
Radiohead, Gorillaz, Alt-J, Tame Impala, The Gerogerigegege, the list goes on...

>anet mook
rearrange letters
>took name
???

kill yourself

The concepts behind the albums are really fucking depressing when you know what actually ended up happening with the guy

Damn, that fucking sucks. Dude probably was having the time of his life. Rip.

Didn't know about this, thats really fucking sad. Damn. I only know about her music because my dad loves her stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=Vnzpg5GgQCo

The album he made while going through cancer treatment is beautiful and extremely underrated. Everyone go listen to it IMMEDIATELY.

thomfekete.bandcamp.com/album/burner

Were youm by chance, at the radiohead concert at Northside yesterday?
T. Danishfag

nah, sadly not. Would've loved to though but I bought a ticket for Roskilde Festival and have exams so couldn't go