Be 22

>be 22
>be journeymen ironworker
>make $100k a year
>made $60k a year when i was 19

why would any fucking idiot go to university?

Other urls found in this thread:

payscale.com/research/US/Job=Ironworker/Hourly_Rate
dailycaller.com/2014/04/23/shale-boom-pipeline-welders-make-150000-in-ohio-while-liberal-arts-majors-flounder/
wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303663604579501801872226532?KEYWORDS=josh mandel
youtube.com/watch?v=edAxujKev1I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>journeymen
I can see you didn't go to college.

>journeymen
>men
>MEN

That's not uncommon these days. Just about every blue-collar trade is made up of men above the age of 55 who are retiring without anyone to replace them.

I went to community college for 2 years, graduated, and have done absolute dick with my bullshit degree, meanwhile all these shitheads I went to school with are banking a good 70-80k a year as journeyman welders and plumbers.

I'm wanting to get in on this racket since I know it's good now and will only get better, but I'm not sure how to go about doing it.

I wanted to do research, specifically polymers and botany. Really, medicine, law, economics, and STEM research are really the only professions that require you to go to college. Even technology can be self taught.

I'm a 6'4" chef at wendys with a 10" dick and I make $130,000 a year.

I'm currently in a four year college, but I'm miserable.

What are some blue-collar positions that pay well in the northeast US?

Astral projection.

>>be journeymen ironworker

I was that too once, back on level 60 in World of Warcraft.

>be 24
>make 100k a year as a police officer
>live in the most liberal, anti-police, anti-gun city in the world

Well at least I can conceal carry with LEOSA.

I talk to younger people all the time about trade skills instead of getting college debt. They look bewildered like not going to college is NOT an option...

what the fuck is that, leaf! that looks like a man!

Use to be for pussy and booze. But now it's full of puritan feminazis.

Oh well

I work armed security at the trump plaza in jersey.

I make 80k a year

you can all suck my fat pale kawk

most these fuckers don't have the balls to climb red iron
desu you guys deserve that kind of money cause every iron worker I've ever met was fuckin nuts

>be nurse
>make $95k
>get to help everyone

Feels good brah

I'm an electrician. Wish I got in early like you. I gotta wait for few more years before I start to rake in the dough.

>100k is a lot
Kekked. Starting your own business is the only way to go

>went to college because I liked computers
>get a degree in computer engineering
>work with computers
>no debt because parents wealthy enough to just foot the bill
It was four years of ease and fun and an easy transition to a high paying job. I don't see the downside.

>Be NDT technician.
>Be 27.
>Industry for 6 years
>£2000 every week.

Feels good man.

>he got a mundane job
>he didn't use his advantage to start a business
What were you thinking

Cops make 100k a year?

>college graduate
>can't even get a job at a retail store

I work on a factory line scanning barcodes.

>winners
Does this mean Trudeau wants to kill faggots?

I wish... I wanted to become a software engineer. My dad was rich, promised he would pay for my studies. Senior year he dies and his witch of a wife took my entire inheritance with Jewish trickery. That's part of the reason I'm here desu.

In my city they do only because of the the housing cost. With overtime you can surpass that number easily. And if you live in the outskirts like me then housing is really no problem at all

Google and research NDT and somehow blag a job in the industry as an assistant.

Infact everyone here who isn't mentally retarded and has a work ethic should do this.

What do you guys think about an associate in building construction management?

Over 200 thousand in Suffolk county long island. It's a joke Wyandanch and the Hamptons are in the same county

>Be 22
>Dress up nice err day
>Chill in air conditioned top floor office
>Hit on qt office girls
>Go out drinking at lunch and after work
>Delegate tasks among team
>Do ~15 hours of actual work per week
>Make 70k a year
>Career end status is chill all day while others work

That's why. Obviously everyone in uni doesn't get this, but then again 90% of people are slow or have stupid degrees (I have a degree in finance)

Also

>Go to University
>Join Frat
>Drink
>Chill with new awesome friends
>fuck dozens of sorority girls
>fresh meat 18 y/o girls every year
>study only one week before exams
>subsided by government, degree makes me money

Not knocking your choice OP. But lol... get gud

Probably in SF.

I got a BA in anthropology

>"Lol user isn't going to uni!"
>Become train driver
>Earning £48k this year
>Meanwhile my friends are stuck flipping burgers or are unemployed

Your body only holds out for so long brah. My suggestion is this:

>take night school business classes and get a degree in management

That will help you move up in the company when your body gives out.

Because when i'm 40 i'll be making thrice as much as you and you'll still be around the 100k

enjoy your reduced life expectancy

What exactly does an NDT technician do? And why is the pay so good?

Wait until they need to rebuild fort mac, we'll be rolling in dough.

>turn 40
>hurts to bend over and tie your shoes
>multiple back surgeries
>still making same journeyman rate you are right now

I have tried to starting a business thing. Right out of college I worked for a start up, after a year it failed and I headed out to a major company. I'm 25 now and it's been about 18 months since then. I could go back and try working for a start up again, really depends if I want to take the risk.

In the tech industry, and any industry really, starting your own business is largely influenced by luck and your ability to expose yourself to the right individuals. It's riding the front of a wave, one you may not even see. Start ups are a cut throat area of the industry with 90% failing with nothing to show for it.

Again I may go to that again, but I would like a fall back fund before I do. 18 months ago was a scary time when I realized the company was going down the tubes (they were trying to hide it from me and the 6 other programmers on my team) and I had two months to find a job before this place went under.

Also starting a business needs capital unless you want to put yourself in debt out of the gate. I saw what happened to the guys who began the start up, last I heard he moved back in with his family up in Oregon. He may be back on his feet now, but I don't know.

>be neet
>made millions off of bitcoin
>12 inch dick

All these college kids fantasizing about how they are going to instantly get a 300k+ job out of college buying lamborghinis and having an easy cake job, when in reality they will be working the same job as you when they accept reality and they'll be doing at 30 years old XD

>be me
>26
>ms degree in math
>180k/year doing risk modeling for bank
Literally the easiest work in the world why wouldn't you go to college?

How did you even find that job?

Because I make $190k 3 years out of university for 30 hours a week that I could do from home. Sorry you aren't intelligent enough to do any work that doesn't involve your hands.

Sooner or later your parasitism will be discovered, Chang.

According to Salary.com the average wage for an Ironworker its 22 dollars an hour and that is some one with 5-10 years experience.

payscale.com/research/US/Job=Ironworker/Hourly_Rate

i looked for it

>24
>make 85,000 a year doing commissions for furries
Literally the easiest job on the planet

are you a faggot?! fag?!

i can attest to this. fuck college, jesus

Basically involves testing welds/tanks/boilers/pipelines at oil refineries,offshore rigs, nuclear sites, Bridges, hulls on boats, steel factories, loads of things.

You use Ultraonics, Radiography, magnetic particle and a few other things to test for defects in materials.

I really have no idea why it's paid so much, but it draws a lot of different people into it.

I think this country has been allergic to real jobs for some time. Welders, a very high paying job, have positions open for over $150,000 with minimal training yet most people would rather work at a customer service job making cold calls for $19,000 a year and living on food stamps.

Even blacks don't take these jobs, you think they would since cash money means everything to them. Then you have bernouts wanting college for everybody saying it is a necessity to escape poverty. Give me a high school student, no matter what race, 18 years old and I can give him a job drilling oil in ND for 120 grand minimum.

Who is this semen demon?

Link to casting couch vid pls

OP I am a poor NEET and dont know how to change my life around. How do I become an ironworker?

> 28
> hvac tech in santa cruz

> make a little over 80k driving a company van/truck around the bay

> only been in this industry 3 years

> just started last semester of school to finish degree in business

> should be around the 100k mark end of next year or close to it

> making more than most of my friends

> lived with parents until I was 26

Yea I think I made a good decision senpai

>have associate that went into welding right out of highschool
>kept bragging about how much he made (~50k)
>lol user why don't you do a trade like me
>get degree in mechanical engineering, did internship
>he still made more than I did and kept rubbing it in
>get full time position
>now making 30k more than him
>I'm not even 5 years out of school and my pay is expected to go up
>meanwhile he is beginning to have job-related health issues
>the most labor intensive thing I do is lift a few things when testing prototypes

By all means capitalize on all the old timers retiring and leaving their high-paying positions, but know in about five years the companies will find someone less qualified to do them and for less pay.

That's not to mention in the coming decades those jobs will be easy enough to do by anyone with the way that technology is progressing.

second, fuck this gay thread

>Welders, a very high paying job, have positions open for over $150,000 with minimal training

stop making shit up. holy fuck.

Nothing wrong with that. College isn't for everyone. And based on how many graduates are unemployed you made the right decision.

The only way to get jobs like this is either luck or connections, just to clear things up.

I have the same question but without the work.

dailycaller.com/2014/04/23/shale-boom-pipeline-welders-make-150000-in-ohio-while-liberal-arts-majors-flounder/

>I can give him a job drilling oil in ND for 120 grand minimum.
lol wew lad

good luck dealing with a career path where your employment prospects change daily with the price of oil

Thats a lie. You tell me where these welding jobs are for $150k right now and I will go learn it RIGHT NOW

I live in SEMI, and Detroit cops make ~35 to 50K a year. That's not nearly enough to wrangle NAPAs.

You can make lots of money doing what you're doing. However, money is only one factor. A lawyer may make only $100,000, but what does he have that a journeyman iron worker doesn't have and never will have? Social status. Lawyers are far more respected.

"connections" is a big part of looking for it

What the fuck is an 'ironworker' christ what age do you live in? You're a blacksmith, a fabricator or a strucutal engineer.

because we can't all be ironworkers

see

>dailycaller

lol get fucked

They can brah.

Isn't a damn thing wrong with blue collar work and unfortunately many younger people do look down on it, but let's at least be honest. Vast majority of welders don't make anywhere close to $150k, you're thinking of highly specialized and sometimes dangerous fields of welding.

wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303663604579501801872226532?KEYWORDS=josh mandel

Is the journal a better source for you user?

How much do janitors make?

>college for a year
>drop out cause I'm paying money for shit I learned in high school
>teach myself Linux and programming
>make 90k/year in a "devops" position

Feels good to be 25.

I was a carpenter for awhile but I got board of it

>30
>make 6 figures
>chef at Wendy's
>9 inch penis.

>why would any fucking idiot go to university?
According to family, society, and the face on the TV
Thou Must

>oil drilling in ND
HAHAHAHAHA enjoy having a job for maybe two years tops

Because we don't want to end up like this OP:

youtube.com/watch?v=edAxujKev1I

Yeah but Detroit is broke. $100k especially after overtime probably isn't too far off for most other major cities.

>nepotism

Lol my managers and coworkers love me. Being successful in business requires not being an autist.

And nobody said the work is fluff. It's actual work, it's just that I'm smart enough to develop a workflow that turned 60 hours of work into 40, then eventually 15 when I could start delegating tasks.

Cus, ynow, that's what smart people do. Make money, chill, and fuck qts while you autist dumbasses wageslave your life away. Or destroy your body with hard labour

>Chang

Nah I'm Sikh

I'm also a weekend warrior in the infantry. Best of all worlds

Life is good when you don't suck at it

Pic related

>Be Wendy's manager
>10 inch cock
>100k a year
>Better looking than all of you

Get fucked you simpletons

>or a liar.

Never forget this option user

>the way of the world

Don't be jealous now user

Some of us were raised by single mothers and didn't receive any parenting and have no connections or direction. You can call that "autist".... but you take your family / Dad for granted on alll they taught you.

(you)

Yes.
It's been a very long held -fact- that it's not what you know, it's who you know. Commonly cited statistic is that ~80% of jobs openings do not get advertised, only by word-of-mouth.

There isn't a single cop in the country that makes over 50k

NDfag here.
The oil here is done.
Everything fucking crashed because of it.

I'm a burger, just on vacation here in Mexico. Feels good being almost a foot taller than all these mestizos

We wuz workers of iron n shiat!
I think OP is saying find a good trade union. I quit my trade union job to be a NEET. It feels like...win!

HVAC

To learn things?

>but I'm not sure how to go about doing it.
Go to trade school. or find someone willing to teach you