Reminder that this ACTUALLY happened

Reminder that this ACTUALLY happened

Never 4get

I'll never get to forget it

Your tears were delicious.

Man let me take it! I could sleep walk that thing in

i literally stood up when it happened

I cried tears of joy I seriously thought the hometown team was gonna get memed on again after that dragon from wifeson

Changed the history of the sport

I read somewhere that this was planned. The whole game was rigged. Is that true?

The theory said that every coach would have had the best RB at the time just walk it through to a touchdown. But since the game was rigged...They paid the coach to pass on the one yard line.

Pete Carroll wanted Russ to win the MVP instead of Lynch so he decided to throw it on second down.. and even if it didn't work they still had 2 more downs to run it in.

Butler made one hell of a play, but the ball should never have been thrown

I wonder if this made Brady beat himself up less about the 2 Giants meme losses,

kek

nothing is worse than 18-1, only patriots fans try to say otherwise. without 18 - 1 there would be no Sup Forums

1 win = fluke
2 win = meme win

> k

>The Helmet Catch
>An event so rare and badass everyone still flips out about how awesome and lucky of a catch that was years later.

Don't get me wrong user, the giants deserved both of those wins, just like the patriots deserved the win in OPs picture, but both of those games due to everything about it, 18-1, etc eliautism, the helmet catch makes them some of the most meme superbowls in the history of the NFL.

My main point is that the Helmet Catch has had to haunt and kill Brady on the inside for years to come, something so unlikely like that happens and it seems like thats the reason they lost the game. I figure winning a superbowl with something similar to that might make the 18-1 hurt a little bit less.

Pats fan here,

This.

>implying an actual cuck getting further cucked isn't funnier

Leave.

Except Sup Forums got even better when Cucklel Wilshit literally proved his lowly worth.

You're new, aren't cha?

>mfw this was the first time I was in a superbowl
the energy was out of this world.

Bonehead play call hof.

aAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaand webm

the pickoff fluke offset the circus catch fluke

ahem

I remember when this was posted on an hourly basis.

You're trying pretty hard there mate

yummmy

Welker drop and another freak catch cost them the other one.

Brady should have 6. True GOAT

>kissing your daughter

hmmm

We all became deflatriots that day

I never felt something similar of what I did when this play happened

Im not even a seahawks fan and i was ultra mad

Better view

Shouldn't this techincally have been pass interference or hit on a defensless reciever or something? I mean he made contact with him before the ball got there

He said he would occasionally wake up at night and not be able to sleep because of it, I'm sure it doesn't haunt him at all anymore though

I was watching it with a bunch of Steelers fans and the room went completely silent for 10 minutes, after which everyone just kind of left one by one. It was pretty much a "pick you poison" Super Bowl, but god damn was that play call stupid. That's what we were all most upset about.

I don't get why people think this play call was bad. Against literally any other team it would have been a clear touchdown Carroll just didn't think that Belichick would be prepared for this play and if you go and watch the video where they explain this play in depth its pretty clear that the Pats weren't well enough prepared for it.

Why do people act like passing it there was the wrong call? If your qb isn't retarded and doesn't throw a pick then you're fine, it stops the clock. The idea is throw it on second, either a td or clock stop. Then you can run it, then call a timeout, and then run it again, so yeah, there intention was to get 3 plays at the line there. If Russel Wilson wasn't a retarded meme qb then no one would even question this play, but he a shit.

shut up faggot

Just cause you're Canadian doesn't mean literally all your posts have to be retarded

>Why do people act like passing it there was the wrong call?

Because it didn't work and from hindsight there's two options

a) Pass and lose
b) Run and ???

So people go for the simple answer and ask why didn't they pick b.

Incidental contact between a DB and receiver is allowed if the DB is going for the ball, rather than just obstructing the receiver.

> Patriots jerking off about winning a Super Bowl on pure luck

Fuck off, holy shit. We absolutely dominated that entire game. Patriots wouldn't have been on the fucking scoreboard if it wasn't for refball and dumb luck.

This sums it up pretty well. I'd even go so far as to say Wilson didn't do anything wrong it was really just Butler coming through and making one of the most clutch plays of all time.

>losing a 10 point lead in the clutch quarter
>not knowing how to play call

yeah its only luck that they almost won

>Yeah cause the Kearse catch was entirely skill right?

>seacucks still mad

Stop making fun of my team. Us 12s won't stand for this.

Who is the semen demon?

I'm your worst nightmare if you say one more disparaging thing about my team.

>tfw you'll never have mental issues that society embraces enough to give you field passes

it was 2nd down to win the SB. Goal line passes are risky enough for that specific reason, and the seahawks had at least two chances to run the ball with a HOF running back before even considering a pass. It was a bad call made into a historically terrible call due to the result.

>Goal line passes are risky enough for that specific reason
Goal line passes are typically the least riskiest plays with the typical situation being either an incomplete pass or a touchdown. Interceptions on goal line pass plays are extremely rare. In fact I'm pretty sure this play was the only 1-yard line pass interception of the entire season.

>the seahawks had at least two chances to run the ball with a HOF running back before even considering a pass

Lynch's conversion rate on running plays from the 1-yard line was 1/5 that season. If he had ran the ball and it was stopped the Seahawks would be forced to use a timeout and then be forced to go for a pass play on 3rd down so the clock doesn't run out so they at least would have a chance of getting an opportunity on 4th down.

>It was a bad call made into a historically terrible call due to the result.

The difference between top coaches and you is that they don't have a results oriented point-of-view when it comes to playcalling. They crunch the numbers and pick the play that they feel gives them the best chance of winning. In that situation going for a pass play seemed to be the best choice based on all the facts presented to Carroll.

I counted 5 (Five) reminders that this happened in the catalog

that's a whole lot of analysis for a shit call that lost the seahawks a super bowl. get over it already, user

worse than 18-1 desu

>get btfo
>y-yeah just get over it already

Pre op or post op

Please dont let the Cowpogs lose like this if we get there. I couldnt imagine. I started watching in 1999 so ive yet to witness the boys in an owl live. Hopefully this is the year but if we were to lose like this or something to Brady fuck that.