Why do Hipsters pretend to like them?

Why do Hipsters pretend to like them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pJjoK2vl3eU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So they can wear the shirts and twirl their retarded mustaches with their twig arms

there's no need for pretending because they're accessible pop music

Jesus Christ they're a punk rock band at their core there's nothing more easily enjoyable than that you're the one being a pretentious cunt here m8

They're a good punk/post punk band. And Ian Curtis was a great song writer why can't u faggots just let people enjoy things?

Pop? Hardly. Accessible, sure, but pop? Compared to PiL and The Pop Group they're definitely accessible.

why can't you faggots just let go of the music you liked when you were 16. there's better shit out there

>waaah stop enjoying music
you're pathetic

dude they were like the first hipster band, the prototype for millions of rock bands..

I have no clue, I grew out of them when I was 16. They're all pretty terrible at playing their instruments.

>being this afraid to admit you're favorite band is shit
pathetic

I don't listen to Joy Division
you're a faggot who doesn't actually like music and only uses it as image
kill yourself

le hangs himself man

user stop, ur that guy

What do you listen to, Dream Theater?

>first hipster band
KYS, they were among the first goth bands, which has hipsters beat by over 20 years.

>What do you listen to, Dream Theater?
The Cure. :^)

>punk band
>terrible at playing their instruments

They didn't need to play amazingly. Just a fuzzy bassline piercing guitars and great lyrics. People who don't fuck with joy division are generally people who don't appreciate good lyrics

>People who don't fuck with joy division are generally people who don't appreciate good lyrics
it sounds like a goth kids poetry on their tumblr blog in 2007 lmao

I like Joy Division but the lyrics aren't that good

If you identify with it then I guess it doesn't mean anything to you

>People who don't fuck with joy division are generally people who don't appreciate good lyrics
Ian's lyricism was pretty decent, but their compositions and musicality left a lot to be desired for me.

They are revered for being influential more than for their musicianship in itself.

Dont

>critically acclaimed band
>hipsters

Ian wrote disturbingly honest lyrics thats what made them Great. guess it's all subjective

Where do you think those goth tumblr kids got it from?

They eat up what pitchfork and fantano have to say so I'm not surprised.

fpbp

youtu.be/pJjoK2vl3eU

People who think Ian Curtis was a decent song writer don't understand how real his lyrics were to people who related to them

Ian was a good song writer, you plebs are fucking silly. Same people who are listening to the latest shit pop rap album on their new iPhone 16

>Decent lyrics
>Good sound
>Highly original
>Highly influential
>Some 17 year old faggot on the net who listens to dumb rap music calls them shit or "overrated"

Do you even know what pop music is? The definition of "pop" music changes over generations. Pop means popular. So pop-music describes a certain music genre that is popular at the time.
Jazz was "pop" music in the early 1900s, rock was "pop" music in the 1950s/1960s
And punk certainly was "pop" music back when Joy Division were making music during the 70s.

m8 we're not in 2010 anymore

>hook is a manlet

hahaha

popular music is all entertainment music-- as seperate from art music and traditional folk musics

OP here, I like JD but hipster fags seem very disingenuous.

They are but there is no escaping "hipster fags"

They want to convey a certain image and so they will use what they can

Don't worry about it

Aww man, am I not allowed to like Joy Division anymore?

you realize they've been urban outfitters t-shitter core since their inception right?

ITT: autism

I'd agree, but Joy Division was a punk rock band aka "pop" when they were Warsaw, not in the post punk phase. Post punk is a direct rejection of that.

I like them and I'm not a hipster

Because he killed himself and after his death, they became the greatest band of all time, it's a double whammy so it's natural hipsters would latch on to them

>Morris
>bad drummer
pick one

joy divisions music is so boring I literally do not understand how anyone can tolerate those vocals

>Pop means popular
No it fucking doesn't
please do some research regarding the etymology of the phrase pop music

Too bad for you.

OP here, not saying liking them makes you one given there's a shitload of goths who have adored them for 30+ years but I'm asking why hipsters specifically try so hard with this band.

Hooky made bass playing fun again. He invented his own unique style.

In your opinion how the sound of the band would have evolved if Ian didn't killed itself? From what i understand mostly he wasn't involved in the composition of the music.
So maybe we would have had new order without the shitty lyrics.

I think I can imagine Ian curtis singing over the songs of the Power Corruption and lies (even on Blue monday).

I think even if Ian hadn't killed himself, the band would have still broken up after their third album. Ian just couldn't do the touring lifestyle and it was clear he was burnt out with music in general. I still see New Order happening in that time line and becoming the same band.

>no it doesn't
But it does, user. I'm sorry to inform you, but Katey Perry didn't invent the Pop-music genre 10 years ago. It's been around for quite a while.