You think he killed Llewelen's wife?

You think he killed Llewelen's wife?

Other urls found in this thread:

rogerebert.com/scanners/no-country-for-old-men-out-in-all-that-dark
youtube.com/watch?v=riyC8AJNQZs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yes, he promised he would, and he wouldnt back down due to autism

yes he cleaned his shoes after leaving the house.

Yes, and her speech to him about the coin toss not making sense got to him

Did anyone ever find the money?

he did

and he didn't

at the same time

Was this ever in question?

duh

The part when he checked the bottom of his shoes for blood so he wouldn't be leaving bloody footprints behind should have been your first clue.

Why is this movie so quiet and calm in literally every scene? Why is there not a single person who freaks out when Javier Bardem is about to kill them?

OP has can't get the inference.
Even when it'snot an inference and they clearly show him checking his shoes for blood.

It's a common issue on Sup Forums.
If they don't see it, they don't get it.

Because it's not a typically Hollywood shit fest. The movie sticks with you. You deal with grief over losing a bro, and the movie has larger themes that lament the death of American culture and class thanks to commies.

because rob zombie didnt direct it?

But it's not realistic and it gets old when literally every scene has the same tone.

Some people might face death with quiet acceptance but others are going to be terrified. It took me out of the movie by the end.

Except for woody Harrison no one knew for sure what kind of force sugah was before it was too late

I might have missed something, but what happened to Llewelen anyway? The story is never really concluded.

He was killed by the mexicans at the hotel

Also just a small thing but I always felt kind of bad for the dude in the shower

are you retarded

How does he keep that rockin hairdo if all he does is go around killing people and flipping coins?
Who is even paying him?

This

Milton was paying him

and yet the best thing you can do in a movie is show, not tell

You do realize the dude in the shower was a Mexican hitman and he killed people before too, right?

I think he may have pitied him as well. Notice how he closes the curtain before he kills him. Though that could have been for blood spray but given the context I dnt think so.

>he's pointing out a flaw so he must be retarded

These calm quiet scenes can be very effective when done properly, but when overused, they lose their impact. It's like loud, explosive Hollywood shitfests. It just has the opposite problem.

Face it. The Coens are overrated jew hacks.

They did show you the aftermath, which is him checking his shoe

What are talking about, literally everyone act nervous

Was it autism?

>mfw people think Llewellyn is the main character

Sorry if I'm a retard but can someone please help me out here

What is the significance of Anton getting in the car accident at the end?

And Bell's story about his dream?

And the fat guy talking with Bell about the decline of American culture and kids with green hair?

what is the significance of anything?

Come on. I just want to better understand the movie.

either the mexicans or anton. a case could be made for either

The significance is that they're old men
And this country ain't for em no more

the meaning is subjective

Sugar was the main character

I thought the sheriff was.

No, Sherrif Bell is

rogerebert.com/scanners/no-country-for-old-men-out-in-all-that-dark
That article is a pretty good analysis of the movie. The three scenes you mentioned are actually three of the most thematically important scenes in the whole movie.

its not a flaw, its just that you are autistic and can't read human emotion. the movie is filled with fear and desperation, but since the characters arent screaming like a slasher movie you don't notice. this is the same reason you will never have a girlfriend and your mom will die without grandchildren

>a psychopath who kills without remorse
>has a moral code

you could make a case for the trailer park supervisor being the main character seeing that she was the only one to survive an encounter with sugar throughout the movie.

lol. savage

He checks his boots for blood, just like after he killed Woody. Jesus do they spell it out for you guys.

llewellyn has the most screen time and most of the story is told from his perspective so yes he is the main character. are you 12?

how does it feel to be BTFO by

No, Chigurh see's himself as an instrument of fate

yeah why not?

The fat bitch? Fuck I wish she got murdered!

Yes, even dangerous crazy people can have a moral code, believe it or not.

The Sherrif is the most important character in the story. He is the focus at the beginning and end. The events which unfold are shown to have a lasting effect on him. The main theme of the film is tied up completely in his character.

it's good for business if he sticks to his threats, if the next chump hears about that he'll play ball

Anton's coin toss was to prove free will exists

Where was Anton supposed to be from anyway? What accent was that?

>people still remember this flick

>Sometimes Anton kills people for seemingly no reason even though he didn't need to
>To witnesses who actually SHOULD BE killed says "You didn't see me" or asks "I don't know. Did you see me ?"

If I understand you correctly, you think Anton wanted to prove free will exists? If so, that's incorrect. He was entirely a determinist.

>To witnesses who actually SHOULD BE killed
When was this?

I was the main character.

youtube.com/watch?v=riyC8AJNQZs

WE CAIN'T. GIVE OUT. NO INFOR-MATION

I thought his "I dont know. Did you see me?" line was more of a sarcastic joke, meaning yes, obviously he was going to kill him.

I think the book just describes him as foreign, maybe european.

>moral code
did you mean rule code?

i suppose the guy in the mayors office was ambiguous, and maybe he draws the line at killing kids, but why would he let the guy live? just another example of his strange moral code?

I've always wondered why Woody went back to the room with him. Had to know what would happen. Why not try to fight him on the stairs? Even if he dies maybe someone at the hotel sees Chigger and it fucks up the rest of his plans.

>main character in a cohen brothers movie

nah, it was cause of the blood spray. throughout the film you can see anton avoiding get blood on himself.

there's no soundtrack

How do you know he didn't kill him?

>currently watching this
>poo break
>check Sup Forums
>click on this thread
>spoiled

Ain't that some shit

>Oh wow, a thread about the movie I'm watching
>Don't worry, I'm sure they've only seen 40% of it and not the entire thing

It was your own fault Tbh

>Read thread about the movie you're watching
>Be surprised when you spoil it for yourself
Serves you right

>cohen

You're fucking retarded, holy shit.

i remember having the subtitles on and
>(gunshot)
came up in the subtitles when the camera switches to the front of the house

are you retarded. this isn't some cable tv show that needs to end everything of weight with the audience asking what happened cause they edited the scene to be questionable.
Besides not literally watching it happen, what possible fucking reason could you have to think he didn't?

I was curious lads.

>Implying The Big Lebowski doesn't have a main character
>Implying Inside Llewyn Davis doesn't have a main character
>Implying A Serious Man doesn't have a main character
>Implying True Grit doesn't have a main character

IIRC Javier Bardem originally tried to fake an American accent. He botched it obviously, but the Coen brothers went with it because it sounds creepy and makes his character more mysterious.

all you guys are totallyy overanalyzing this shit.

so did the guy at the gas station

Yes, he killed my waifu

true grit kind of doesnt

Not really at all

This so much. The reason why they're quiet is because they still cling to hope believing that if they will cooperate and behave Bardem's character wouldn't kill them as he manifests calmness and unconcern. Little do they know his indifference is what makes him so dangerous.

Ok, it has two.

That explains the dreams and the conversation, but what about Anton's car crash? What is the meaning of that?

um you can't kill women? that's sexism

I think it was Cohen's way of showing middle finger to audience. Films where the bad guy wins are rare for a reason as audience is usually cheering for happy ending and can seriously triggered otherwise. Cohen just played us by implying that he died in a car crash just so they can show him being fine in next scene as in saying "well deal with it life isn't a bed of roses."

Who were the two suits anton kills in the desert by the trucks? Whyd he do it?

I had a friend who believed he was some sort of arbiter of fate and because of that he survived the car crash.

Chigger already killed the guy at the front desk. If anyone else was in the hotel and saw him he would have killed them too, Woody was being selfless.

Loads of dosh. Correct me if I'm wrong but they basically hire him to find a shit ton of money and even tell him it's a shit ton of money. Anton realizes the opportunity considering they are in the middle of a desert filled with bodies and wastes them.

Flipping a coin is more probabilistic than deterministic

He is a determinist, meaning he believes ones fate is not subject to free will, that it's out of their control. The entire film he goes around killing people, convincing himself that it's not him making the call, it's the coin. He believes that he is simply an agent of fate:
>I had no say in the matter. Every moment in your life is a turning and every one a choosing. Somewhere you made a choice. All followed to this.
This is obviously false. So, when Anton is hit by the car, the sense of control he thought he once had over his and other's fates is thrown out the window. He falls victim to chance, just like everyone else. The irony here is that the crash is probably more in line with his deterministic world view than any of the killings he carried out. It's the only point in the movie in which he himself had no control on the outcome of his situation.
There's also this to consider

Yes, I agree. Chigurh has a false sense of determinism throughout the film. He believes it's up to the coin whether someone lives or dies, when in reality it's entirely up to him. He's the one tossing the coin, after all. In the scene with Carla Jean, he's confronted by that fact, when she refuses to call his coin toss.

The cop fought back in the beginning and the executive in the office building also freaked as soon as he saw Chigur barge into his office to kill him. Also, the main character played by Brolin also fought Chigur every chance he got.

Watch the movie again, faggot.

>not watching films with a diaper so no poo break

Do you even comfy autist?

There's 3 main characters and the story switches between them.

Also Llewellyn's death is HEAVILY fore shadowed. They constantly talk about how much danger he's in and he could die at any time. In a regular film that's just standard talk but here you have to take it seriously.