ITT: Bands you don't get the appeal of

These guys. It's just generic sounding post-punk over non-sensical lyrics mannered out in a toneless flurry.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T4dP43KWaSU
youtu.be/BUC2GmzJpGY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why?

Just about every one of their albums sounds super depressing.

So overrated it hurts.

That's kinda their thing though.

Muse. They never brought anything interesting or valuable to the table for me.

It sounds like the theme for down syndrome. What's the appeal?

you either get em or you don't

>EAT Y'SELF FITTAH

"i don't get the appeal" != album sucks
the problem is you, not the album

Do you like post-punk? Perverted By Language deserves all the praise it gets and is better than Hex Enduction Hour

That's okay, they're sort of an entry level band to help you get into music, kinda like Muse. You're not really expected to take them seriously once you're out of your teens

That doesn't mean it's bad

Blink 182 Green Day Sum 41 all of that shit

I don't get it it's just so boring :/

I still take them very seriously, fuck you

It just sounds so amateurish.

>they're sort of an entry level band to help you get into music
>You're not really expected to take them seriously once you're out of your teens
Here's your (You)

Perverted by Language is so badly recorded it gives me a headache
And I love Grotesque

If the fall had a real quality drummer they would have been the GOAT band (but that would have defeated the point)

theyre still fucking ace though
youtube.com/watch?v=T4dP43KWaSU

good, it's shit music made of pure edge that you aren't really expected to like out of middle school
also muh alternative

Everything Phil Elvrum makes

I get why on paper why people like the Pop Group, but to me this album was pretty average.

Average how? The honesty and rawness of Dylan, jagged Captain Beefheart style riffs, dub bass rhythms, funk guitar elements and it's even danceable on top of that. What's not to like? Nick Cave loves them too.
youtu.be/BUC2GmzJpGY

>I don't like this band so I will just say something that sounds lika a real advice but is actually nothing than straight up bashing

Exactly, it sounds great on paper, but it all just ends up sounding rather aimless and uninteresting to listen to, save for a few songs.

Aimless? Did you listen to the lyrics at all? With lyrics like theirs, the sound they developed only makes sense. And how many other bands gave have done something similar? Perhaps Zappa, Mr. Bungle, Cardiacs, Crotchduster and maybe some zolo bands. I would argue that all of those artists I've mentioned made very engaging and interesting music.

I couldn't even finish Soundtracks for the Blind. None of the albums I've heard up to it are engaging and worth listening to more than once for me. I'm also not new to experimental music and I've been told that's the reason I was disappointed.