Hi I’m actor Stephen Lang...

>Hi I’m actor Stephen Lang. I play The Blind Man in the upcoming Sony/Screen Gems thriller “Don’t Breathe” and my one-man play turned documentary “Beyond Glory” will be available on VOD & Digital October 4th - Ask me Anything!

reddit.com/r/movies/comments/4y31gv/hi_im_actor_stephen_lang_i_play_the_blind_man_in/

That's one distinguished, handsome looking gentleman

>Into the Badlands S2 confirmed

WOO!

>I loved your portrayal of Stonewall Jackson in Gods and Generals. Do you have any fond memories/interesting stories from your time filming?

----------------

>Well Gods and Generals, I have a lot of memories. For me, portraying Jackson opposite Duvall playing Robert E. Lee was very important. There's no actor I hold in higher esteem than Duvall. And the relationship between Jackson and Lee was so important. It was a real honor for me.

>One thing I have to bring up is how the attacks on the WTC happened while we were filming. We were shooting in Virginia at the Battle of Antietam. Obviously that impacted everything, and it lent a sober gravitas to the tone of how we were making the movie. To put it crassly - I'm glad I wasn't making a comedy at the time, but something that dealt with the creation and crucible of fire that the United States went through.

>I could speak about dozens and dozens of other things in regards to playing Jackson, the man was very complex and and contradictory in some ways.

How do I become a handsome silver fox?

>Do you think you could have taken Kurt Russell in Tombstone?

----------------

>Haha - oh my goodness. Well, Wyatt Earp was pretty tough. They were real studs in real life. Ike was no pussycat. But could he take him? Maybe in a dark alley with his back turned he could've taken him.

>Goin back though, that was a great great time working with Kurt. All the guys, but Kurt especially - a real pro. Has the heartiest laugh in the business. Kurt held that movie together.

>While the movie was being made it was the Costner movie that had the attention. At that time Kevin was "the guy," but Kurt held it all together, brought in the new director who really knew how to shoot a film, and created a memorable movie with some great performances.

>How is working with James Cameron on the Avatar movies? He has a reputation as being very intense on set.

>Well Jim is very focused and I think intense is accurate. He's also got a great sense of humor and a lot of fun to work with. I hope every one of those descriptive adjectives could be used to describe me too actually. Whatever dynamic exists, we work well together. He's incredible sharp, collaborative, and it's very helpful - there's very few things on a film set that Cameron can't do almost better than everyone else. Two things he won't do though is he's not a caterer, and he's not an actor.

>Jim shows up to work. He shows up every day, and brings his A game. He's the author, the creator, and yeah - it's down to his extreme passion and he's a pleasure.

The idea of Jim in a chef hat and apron has its appeal though

>Are you still in the running to play Cable in Deadpool 2?

----------------

>I guess we should deal with the Cable issue right off the bat. I don't know if I'm in the running, if I'm out of the running. The extent of my campaign was how I tweeted "let's lay some cable," and social media grew geometrically from there. What I continue to do is if a piece of fan art appears with my mug placed on a Cable-esque body - appealing to my vanity - I retweet it.

>I haven't been approached to play it. I would assume that because it's so widespread that the folks over at Fox know my interest in it. One potential conflict is of course it's Fox, and I have commitments to four Avatar sequels. So logistically it might be a problem. But if they ever consider me for the role? I don't know.

Bill Simmons would make for a shitty Cable

>girafa's question about whether or not there's an actor that I constantly lost roles to:

>I don't read for roles much (not to say that I won't, it's just rare) but in terms of actors you lose roles to - so much of the time it's the actors who are just much higher on the list than you are - star actors.
Tommy Lee Jones comes to mind. Remarkable actor, great star as well. But my theory is "goddammit he can't play everything! Get out of the way dude!"

>There weren't anyone that I constantly lost roles to, there were plenty over the years. I'm sure there are guys who think the same way about me. When you get older you get philosophical about it all. If I see JK get a role that I wanted, there's very little I could've done about it and I know he's going to be a terrific job with it. If you lose a role to a lox, though, you have to sort of right it off.

>The actors who are there for that longevity are there for a reason though, and there's little foul. But if Ron Perlman gets Cable I'm going to kick his ass.

What a guy

>Are you friends with Steven Seagal?

>We did two films together. I haven't seen him in a long time. When I worked with him I was kind of both horrified an amused by him, and slightly wary of him. And... protective of him, if that makes any sense. He's an exotic, you know? Like some exotic creature that bore resemblance to humanity as we know it, but slightly divorced from it. He's sort of like Trump, you know? They sort of mold reality to the way they determine the way they think it should be and aren't inhibited by things like... facts. In a way I'm fond of Seagal, I know there are people who despise him and I understand that. You have to find a way to cooperate, to collaborate, and we did.

>In some ways I think he wanted to treat me like a pet monkey though. I instituted a six-foot rule. I said that him, I wouldn't let him within six feet of me. I never knew if he was going to try to hug me or try to kick me in the balls.

>Hey Stephen. What movie/movies do you like to watch over and over again?

>Dredd. I'm thinking of putting some money up for a sequel if I can have a part in it.
>Jack Goes Boating
>The Descent
>In Secret

Fuck yeah, hotshot

Hell yes, loved that show

>He's an exotic, you know? Like some exotic creature that bore resemblance to humanity as we know it, but slightly divorced from it.
Possibly the most accurate description of Steven Seagal I've ever seen

>Dredd. I'm thinking of putting some money up for a sequel if I can have a part in it.
I hope he realizes how autistic Dredd fanboys are. He's not going to hear the end of this in every interview he ever does until the day he personally funds a Dredd sequel.

That wasn't him. That's some guy pretending to be him. Lang's user name is "StephenLang" but that guy's user name is "StephenLang_"

Whelp

What a handsome gentleman.

>I have commitments to four Avatar sequels
Jesus Christ what is Cameron thinking?

didnt' Cernal Quarick die at the end of the first movie?

Imagine you could create your own movie universe on the scale of Star Wars but with technology that is a thousand times better and sci-fi and concepts that are also a thousand times better. You can create your own sci-fi universe and you have ideas for planets and aliens and animals and tech and war machinery and you are one of the best sci-fi/action directors of all time who knows his shit in terms of filmmaking as well as technology in general and is competent as fuck (unlike Lucas). I can't fucking wait for Avatar 2-5.

>Are you able to give us any information on how you will be able to return in the Avatar sequels?

>I'll quote Cameron on the subject. He leaned forward and said "It's science fiction, you know." If someone's looking for details, they're not going to get them, hehe. The theme of resurrection certainly has its place in the history of civilization, aside from science fiction.

Damn, I wanna look like that at that age but >tfw balding

Has anyone asked about Terra Nova? What a flop.

Yeah check the Reddit thread.