So, Sup Forums actually finally managed to trick me into watching this, and guess what, it wasn't bad...

So, Sup Forums actually finally managed to trick me into watching this, and guess what, it wasn't bad. I'm honestly impressed, thought it was going to be absolute garbage, but turns out it wasn't. It's better than most superheroes movies I've seen, but it wasn't a master piece. I thought the villain was too over the top and that Abomination thing was kinda out of nowhere, but other than that, I can't get the hate for this movie. I saw the ultimate edition, but is the original cut really that much worse?

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/9622647/Ben-Afflecks-new-film-Argo-upsets-British-diplomats-who-helped-Americans-in-Iran.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

These were my exact thoughts, as far as film is concerened, this film is far from textbook or in some cases coherent; however in the grand scheme, the ideas, the passion, and the craft behind a lot of the elements shows through in spades. Its clear what Snyder thinks is important, its just a matter of creating one coherent story he cares for entirely

Sam thing happened with me and Suicide Squad honestly. I went into it expecting it to be complete shit after seeing all of the threads here bashing it and while it definitely wasn't good I came out of it liking more of it that I probably would have if I'd seen it with the same expectations I had from just seeing the trailers.

it's much better than a lot of capeshit I've seen

I don't understand why it got such a bad rap. It became something EVERYONE hated, I haven't seen such a spectacle of hating something since the fantastic four thing

why shills are so obvious

It's a crime thriller film not a super hero film.

I hate when the critics fail to understand this.

The only actual super hero content appears in the final 30 minutes of act 3 while the rest is a political crime detective story centered around Superman and Batman before they cross paths.

yeah Zack Snyder is a reliable director. movie after movie he brings it

I really liked it tbqhwy apart from the last half an hour. Preferred the political drama it was building itself up in the first half, shame it just turned into mindless shit like the rest of capeshit

It's great save for two issues.
Eisenbuilderberg's """"acting"""" and the tootally unwarranted usage of a grade A villain (doomsday) as quick finale fodder.
Also the Martha part, although it does make some sort of sense, it was definitely a way too cheap method of wrapping things up.

The theatrical cut is a piece of shit. I was surprised with enjoying this movie more after I watched the ultimate. That made it an actual film not the theatrical that was so watered down.

Why do WB keep fucking up? Of course they did the same thing to Suicide Squad.

It's because Disney is not paying you to irationally shit on it on a daily basis.

>I don't understand why it got such a bad rap.
Because even with the ultimate cut its extremely bloated. Horrendously edited. Poorly cast. Baldly acted. Lazily written. Painstakingly dull. Unbelievably boring. Unnecessarily broody. Terribly paced. And that is just the first hour, there is still two more hours left.

The shear number of pointless subplots are simply staggering. Plot holes? You mean mystery elements. The fact that someone read the script and decided it was worthy of spending over 250 million to bring it to the screen boggles my mind. This is what happens when you take five different scripts that have no sense of correlation. Did editing and streamlining the story not cross anyone's mind.

The production is big on making terrible decisions and this is clearly evident in the casting. Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luther is laughably bad giving his rejected Social Network performance as twitching Mark Zuckerberg. Gal Gadot is by far the biggest miscast. Most people complained when she cast due to her poor physicality and zero resemblance to Wonder Woman. Those points are fine, but the biggest drawback is that she's frankly not a good actress. She has the emotional range of a potato. Her big reveal in costume is complete with a 'cool' guitar rift like it's some Robert Rodriguez film. During action scene she is replaced by her cgi double which obviously looks bigger and muscular in comparison to Gal Gadot's actual physical appearance. I just couldn't help by have a good chuckle at that.

The biggest misstep in the entire production is the appointment of Zack Snyder as director. It seem like he just walked of the set of making Watchmen and nobody seemed to tell him that he wasn't contracted to direct a lackluster patchwork Watchmen sequel. An opening scene that features Jeffrey Dean Morgan being killed with a slo-mo shot of a shell casing exiting a gun; the government against masked vigilantes, a powerful god-like superhuman figure; a man that dresses in a black costume and fights crime with gadgets coming out of retirement; the death of a famous hero; not one, but three funeral scenes. How is this not recycling elements of Watchmen.

Zack Snyder has the inability to direct scenes where no action takes place and he can't mask it with stylish cgi backgrounds like he did in 300. Simply put when there's no explosions it dull and boring. Simple character interactions prove to be a struggle for a director who still gets his philosophy for his movies from teenage web forums. Religious references that completely lack subtlety and elegance doesn't make you movie 'intellectual'.

Other grievances include: a scene and a plot point that revolves around urine; Lex Luther's so called evil plan; Knightmare; a hyped fight that just ends up being a normal fistfight; and actual teaser trailers for future movies in the franchise.

Hah the first hour went by so fast for me when I watched the ultimate. Strange

>extremely bloated. Horrendously edited. Poorly cast. Baldly acted. Lazily written. Painstakingly dull. Unbelievably boring. Unnecessarily broody. Terribly paced
why would I take the opinion of a man who repeats the same issues with different phrases?

hahahahahhahaha ooooh god.. no man Usual Suspects, Seven, Zodiac, Memento THAT are good criminal Thrillers... BvS detective work is pathetic a lot of plotholes and cheap conclusions tin a very poor script...

>SAAAAVVEE
>MMAAARTHAAAA
top quality writing there

And who the fuck are you? Why the fuck would i care about your opinion you are just a loser bro.

>its an X film not a capeshit
Classic capeshit drone tactics

I am not a fan of Ben Affleck ever since he dissed the British in Argo for not helping the Americans when it was the Brits who rescued them in real life, but I went to this film as I love Henry Cavill and Amy Adams and this is a great movie to watch. Henry Cavill is just so good , awesome and outstanding and as much as I don't want to say it Affleck was not as bad as I thought he would be as Batman. Didn't like Jesse as Lex Luther as it was overacting at its worst. The technical effects are just breathtaking and very good. By the way take some tissues as I moved to tears and found myself crying. Wonder Woman was played well. And if the James Bond producers are looking for the new James Bond, Henry Cavill has it all, suave, attractive, the physique and if they watch Man from Uncle he does glib well as well. He is the next Bond and would be much better than Daniel Craig who is not James Bond to me.

Same thing OP. I watched expecting shit, but was entertained by a surprisingly good Affleck Batman and good action.

But the movie could explain itself better.

THIS

it was the Canadians who helped instead of the Americans
Cavill was to be bond instead of Craig, but they didn't want such a young guy to play Bond

BvS had no good actors
everything with the Daily Planet was so forced

I hope Cavill actually acts like Superman in Man of Steel 2. Snyder made him too serious.

Cavill plays a great Clark with the glasses. I always think of that MoS ending shot when he comes into the office and introduces himself as Clark Kent cos he looked so good and charismatic there. I hope we see more like that in Man of Steel 2

DC and Marvel are going for different tones in their movies but whenever a Marvel movie does well the DC execs panic and force reshoots and re edits to try to make their movies more like Marvel movies.

Suicide Squad is most evident of this seeing as DC hired the same studio that cut Guardians of the Galaxy's trailer to edit the whole SS movie after GotG was as successful as it was.

here come the marvel fanboys with their copypasta. these fags actually have a notepad file filled with anti-DC/Snyder "arguments"

In my opinion, I think people hate it more because of how disappointing it was. If this was an original movie and Batman and Superman were never created before this movie, it wouldn't get as much hate.

I personally have the same thoughts on the movie as you OP, the only real problem I have is the faggot fanboys that treat it like a masterpiece created by the gods themselves, and attack anyone who criticizes it in the slightest by calling them Marvel fanboys.

>Wonder Woman was played well
whew it took a while to throw in your biggest hook, you almost got me, faggot.

It was canada

too bad Clark is ded now.

hello numpties
telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/9622647/Ben-Afflecks-new-film-Argo-upsets-British-diplomats-who-helped-Americans-in-Iran.html

Memento is head and shoulders above the other three on your list.

;(

I didn't even hate BvS and all of those points are valid, get your head out of your ass.

Why am I wrong? Explain in great detail

do a 360 and walk away from this thread

Who cares about the brits. They are just french people in denial.

Martha scene is -literally- the biggest pleb filter I have ever seen on screen. Even the people who think theyve "got it" because they mention it's about Batman becoming the murderer STILL don't understand the scene.

It's fucking amazing. I don't want to reveal my power level by explaining the scene either.

>They are just french people in denial.
American Education. No wonder some of you join the Army underqualified.

>being this stupid
do you even read the article you post?

>It was such a good and deep scene you guys don't even know
>I would explain why but you wouldn't even get it :^)

>get proven wrong
>go on the attack
Americans for you.

>doomsday
>grade A villain

when? he was merely a plot device used as a part of a PR stunt when DC was going bankrupt

Literally nobody cares about Doomsday. The only interesting thing about the Death of Superman was the fallout.

It's tough to tell who's joking when the DC fans are in such denial these days.

Samefag.

It's not 2deep. It's pretty straightforward actually. Just turn your brain on bro

Sup Forums is at the forefront of the film critiquing culture.

We all new this was Kino when the marvel drones were licking up deadpool.

It's never too late....

Kiss it.

every 'point' is some variant of saying "it's boring" and "i don't like the actors/director", which are entirely subjective complaints.

2deep4u!

>almost 20 minutes and nothing

Fucking pathetic. Capeshit drones truly are cinematically bankrupt

>Samefag.
No.

Why don't you explain my dumbass why it's such a good scene, or do you still not want to reveal your powerlevel to all the cool guys here on Sup Forums?

>Autism: The Post

>Gal Gadot
>Bad Wonder Woman

Pleb nu-male detected
>your opinion
Into the trash it goes

Finally got around to watching it. Stupid, pretentious for dummies, shit. But I get it now. They always say never trust what Sup Forums says and they were right.

I'm a huge DC fan and couldn't be more disappointed with how these movies have been handled.

It's a solid 4/10

Too bad in this world everything is either 1124315!!!/420 or 0000000/0000000

So much beta in one post.

>Pointless sub plots
>Cobbled together script
>Wonder Woman does not look convincingly like Wonder Woman
>Poor cgi replacements
>Heavy handed philosophy
>Heavy advertisement of a fight scene that was a footnote in the actual movie
Get down from that cherrypicker user, you might hurt yourself.

Just watched this movie holy cow was it good

Watched it recently. Laughed at it a lot. It's funny how Snyder thinks what he's doing is so deep and meaningful. It's even funnier that edgy 14 year olds and Sup Forums users bought it.

>likes the flat kike
>calls others nu-male
is this the new meta?

>Pleb nu-male detected
Interesting
>7 results found
But you play videogames, Sup Forumsedditor

You hold nu male sensibility

any coherent arguments? i guess not

Had some really good moments. But the Batman vs Superman fight really stole the show
>men are brave

It's best to disregard MoS and BvS (and Suicide Squad now I guess) discussion. People will just call you a beta cuck if you don't like the movie because they can't formulate actual counter arguments for their shitty diaper of a film franchise.

Recently saw it Zack Snyder directed another masterpiece. He's secured his legacy as one of the great filmmakers of our generation

That was a great line, even the most hardcore numale beta hater can agree.

I can't even tell who is meme-ing who anymore.

i bet Snyder couldnt direct a bad movie if he tried. guys a genius

do you think if you just add a negative adjective before a concept that constitutes an argument?

"pointless" "poor" "heavy handed"

>aquaman turned into a shitskin and they praise it
You had to understand that the ones calling you a cuck/numale are cucks and numales themselves
All the proof is there

Don't you get it user? It's really alpha to eat up and defend poorly put together movies that got fucked around with by cowardly execs that didn't trust the people they hired to make something decent.

What pointless subplots?
Script was fine.
>not muh wonder woman
Great CGI
It was philosophy lite, easy to understand
The directors cut did a good job with balancing action and drama

I was unsure about the BatFlek but he had some of the best lines and acting in the movie

>Breathe it in
>That's fear

What adjective do you expect me to add when the cgi Wonder Woman looks more like Wonder Woman than the actress they hired to play her?

>not being attracted to Based Gal and her perfect fit body
Fat feminist cuck confirmed
Too much autism in your post to even begin to reply to any of it.
Just because you wrote a long windbag post doesn't mean your arguments are valid.
>You were never a god
>you were never even a man.
Muh dick

>Too much autism in your post to even begin to reply to any of it.
Funny how that only Sup Forums sensibility cross posters who can't understand Sup Forums's post ironic pro-artistic tone ever use that word here.

obvious JIDF

my argument are valid because i can debate without using stupid meme words .. again both marvel and Dc are generic capeshit movies, i dont understand why the DC fans defend so much Snyder mediocrity.

spoken like a true bootyblasted millennial nu-male

Wonder Bulimic Woman

>stronk women
>stronk jaw woman
Found the actual millennial numale libcuck

>It was philosophy lite, easy to understand
That's fine when you don't have Zack Snyder acting like his movie is "too smart" for the Marvel audience.

Thanks for literally proving my point.

I liked the movie but that kike is ugly, you pussy praising kike faggot.

>managed to trick me into watching this
>it wasnt bad
why are anons on this board so afraid to own up to shit they like? it always has to be tricked me into or something similar. you guys love being contraian while sticking to the hive mind. shit makes no fucking sense.

Thanks for not denying the observation

At least The BatFlek has already gotten better lines and delivery than Patrick Batman

Saying something wasn't bad doesn't mean you like it.

>uncle sees the movie for the first time
>doesn't know shit about it besides "there's ben afleck in it I don't really like him"
she's revealed to be WW
>"she's wonder woman?"

Reaction says it all.
She's such a miscasting that people need a fucking confirmation after the reveal-bomb has been dropped.

>my uncle is Roger Ebert reincarnated

>uses Pre-BvS pic

Looks good to me. Sorry she's too feminine looking for you. Go ogle pink haired fat girls somewhere else nu-male

Does this guy ever shut up? Go blog somewhere else.

still shit face, shit skin, surfboard quality flat.
Unfortunately for you working out and even surgery can't change your shit race.

3 hours is probably too long for a CapeFlick but I watched the Ultimate Cut and at no point was bored, the pacing was god tier

Honestly makes Civil War like puerile trash.

NOICE

Gal Gadot was born to play Wonder Woman

Wonder woman and the extended universe garbage including the cgi troll ruined this movie.

Who gives a fuck what your fat fuck uncle says? He probably still jacks off to the Chyna issue of Playboy.

>use the doll to show us where muh uncle touched you.

I'm surprised it doesn't have beard

gayest post on Sup Forums