Why does America spend so much time money and energy on their military...

Why does America spend so much time money and energy on their military? Imagine if they spent just half of that on NASA or cancer research...or both, seriously America, what gives?

We have to be #1

How this make you feel, white boy?

The only people who actually want to fight america are poor people. China and Russia will never actually fight America, they know they would lose within a month. There is simply no need for it.

overpaying contractors for shit we don't need

Im waiting until one of them sit on a landmine and blew up the entire country because of their own stupidity.
>Inb4 "Because MURICA"

The justification is that since no nation is even remotely as powerful as America, that WWIII is unlikely because they know America would shitstomp them.

America has bases all over the world. The bases in Korea and Japan and Europe will stop the Russians and Chinese.

But we do spend too much time in the middle east. Over people who aren't a threat.

Lol there are 9 aircraft carriers in that picture. We have 11. Please update it.

See that multi-colored stack on inferiority next to us? We have to protect half of those countries while defending against the other half.

Why don't you put up a chart that shows how much each country spends on space exploration or cancer research - bet the ratios would look exactly the same.

I have no clue Im one of thows US people that think we should cut or military in half hell if we did that we still could send this intier god damn marble we call a planet back to the stone age single handed makes no sence that we need to spend more then the next 13 country combined guess out gov just likes having the bigest stick by a fucking country mile

are you daft? there are 11 in that picture...

Why did Pablo Escobar spend so much on guns?

but....well done Russia....well done...

I bet most of the people bragging about space exploration and cancer research are blue collar guys who are inept at that kind of shit.

Makes us proud, is that an issue?

At least they are trying to fix or discover something...not blowing up the planet 10 times

See fuck gov agencies. Private companies will colonize the solar system.

Bro, i can't design a ship to fly to Saturn but i sure as hell can help pay for one. I'm glad i did.

Wellllll...the amount of shit that is "military spending" in the US is kind of retarded. Especially since 9/11.

Since the Patriot Act was signed and Homeland Security was formed, you could pretty much call everything "military spending" from an accounting standpoint.

Ex. Pass bill to deport 5 million people. Mandate that local police must 'detain illegal immigrants of criteria X for 48 hours then turn over to ICE'. "Military spending" used to fund local law enforcement and ICE via executive order through Homeland Security in order to deport/reimburse local municipalities for costs incurred during this process.

It makes you proud that someone else, probably an immigrant advanced space? Because you live in the same country?
Ah yes, the below average Trump voter who thinks his marginal effort is what's makes America great.

>Implying SO hard that im from America...

it's called empire building

I bet you are a little kid that needs to bring other people down in order to feel good about your self

"Policeman of the world."

The gov paved the way for private agencies. Be thankful. The gov may not be the best or fastest or cheapest but without the government, you wouldn't have most the shit you have today. It's like a parent who won't win any award but is still your parent and provides while occasionally hitting you.

Israel lies. Jews. Always.

everything in image is for deploying shit into space, except the space shuttle which is for deploying people. big surprise that it is way more expensive.

apples and oranges my friend.

Nasa and cancer research is for fags

Somebody's got to do Israel's dirty work for then

You don't think the budget might have something to do with that?

Freedom aint free you know.

Nope. It is what it is. Unless you are directly responsible for America's great accomplishment, then i wouldn't be bragging.

Hell, your average Republican voter has done more damage to the country than good.

So we can protect you candy asses from yourselves

Space is gay, a bunch of nothing that cant make a profit to spend on our military. Healthy people arent as profitable and that means less money to spend our military.

what are you, a mexican? your shithole is so lame you're not even allowed to possess nukes, even if you could come up with one. it's part of a specific treaty that bans mexico from having nukes because they're not considered a real nation. if you're anything else, um, you're not worth addressing. go have some fried chicken or a bowl of rice or something.