Anyone else feeling really detached tonight?

Anyone else feeling really detached tonight?

I can't exactly call it depression, but just a general sense of not feeling much emotion.

It's unnerving and I don't like it, but I can't shake myself out of it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MRcJX-A3e9s
youtube.com/watch?v=ofnCdC8P70g
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's apathy, user. It's a way we deal with something after a traumatic event happened in our lives. Our body and minds way of dealing with not getting hurt again.

But nothing traumatic has happened in a long time, and I dealt with it when it did happen.

Just because it's been dealt with doesn't mean the body will forget the pain of it. Mental scars have a longer lasting affect.

Do you stay indoors all day? Are you a NEET?

I mean I get what you're saying, but I don't think that's what's going on seeing as just a few days ago I felt fine and great actually, and nothing has happened to trigger it.

I mean, I think about them on a regular basis and get sad for a few minutes, but then pick up and move on. Life happens. I don't think a few people passing on is going to send me into random fits of apathy with no apparent trigger.
No, I go out and go hiking and kyaking and work and I eat well.

Look guys, I appreciate the concern, but I'm not looking for a doctors diagnoses here, just some general human company and someone else going through something similar.

It's just a random mood I've been in for a few days and I don't know what's causing it, but I'm sure in a few days more it will be over and done with. And I don't need to know what's causing it.

Gotcha was just seeing if you live an active life because being a NEET caused me to be completely detached after a while etc

I don't know what to tell you, i've been in this state for years. Meditate or something nigga

I'm here too. I have events I've somewhat dealt with but never fully. I have someone to listen as well so tonight I talked but for too long. Now I'm close to a panic attack and am trying to get my brain to settle back down.

I've felt like that every day since sometime in my teens.

When did you grow out of it?

Never. I'm 40 now. Every day I cant imagine why I get up and live another day. It just keeps happening. Over and over and over.

I can relate to that fell user.

When I'm in that sort of mood, I try to get through it by keeping myself busy.
During work I try to stay quiet and diligent and at home I keep myself going with menial tasks,vidya and movies.

If I am idle to long I start feeling really shitty.

After a couple of days it's over and I feel myself again.

Sorry to hear that bros, hope it gets better soon.

This feeling wasn't really bothering me until earlier when a friend of mine half joked about killing himself and admitted that he has thought about it before,and I just didn't feel anything when he said it.

That made me realize that it's a bit more than normal right now.

when I'm like this, i force out emotion. I watch tear jerker movies/anime. Feels a bit better afterwards.

Maybe I'll try that if it's not gone tomorrow.

I don't know if it's the same to you but I feel a general coldness. I'm having a lot of really selfish unemphatic thoughts about my current situation. Like I can't connect to my loving side, just my rational end-justifies-the-means side.

I'm the same way user. It helps with a lot of things.

I feel exactly like this as we speak. Just wanting to go to bed, forgetting about the outside world. Not talking, not doing anything extreme, but just closing everything down and wanting to feel secluded.
Give this a play, it fits well with the feels.
youtube.com/watch?v=MRcJX-A3e9s

I just don't give a fuck

Protip: Whenever you're depressed, tell yourself to think sadder thoughts and try to be sad on purpose. You'll realize how fucking stupid that is then you wont be depressed anymore, just bored.

I've felt this way 95% of my life. I'm almost always apathetic

Yes, me too and i dont have any traumatic event or something, just apathy because why not right brain?

Pretty much. it doesn't bother me all that much, sometimes I wish I didn't have to force emotions when I'm being social but my apathy makes me feel in control to be honest

Not really OP but here have some feels and a nice pic...enjoy!

youtube.com/watch?v=ofnCdC8P70g

Ive always wondered if its beacuse of some trauma that i cant remember or if its from parents, still not that bad tho