Can you solve this?

Can you solve this?

Yeah but I'm not gonna

All 4...

D and 7 no?

Two. I'd have to turn the D and look for a 3 and I'd have to turn the 7 and look for a D

Flip d if it's a 3 it's varified

D and 3. Is this supposed to be difficult?

Explanation: We require that D on one side implies 3 on the other, but also that no 3 on one side implies no D on the other. So we must turn over D to verify that there is a 3 on the other side, but also turn over the 7 to verify there is no D on the other side.

So 2.

How many sides do the cards have?

But it claims that EVERY card has a number and a letter on it, so you must turn over ALL of them

>Is this supposed to be difficult?
>Gives wrong answer
Oh Sup Forums

Read carefully. Thats not a Claim, thats a fact

2 if F has a 7 behind it and 3 if not.

You only have to turn D.

The claim is that a D will have a 3 on the back. NOT that 3 will have a D on the back, NOT that others will have D, only that D will have a 3.

Turn the D, if it's a 3, the claim is true and the number of cards turned is 1.

Fuck /b is so dumb. Turn D F and 7, so 3

It doesn't matter what is on the other side of the F or the 3, since it's claiming that IF there's a D THEN there's a 3 on the otherside, not that IF there's a 3 THEN there's a D on the otherside.

It says other side, not back.
You'd have to check 7 to see letter it's paired with you dip

It's 0......
You don't "have" to turn over any cards.
You could just pick them up and look at the other side then lay them back down

>Fuck /b is so dumb.
>Gives wrong answer
Shit's hilarious

No, you wouldn't. It doesn't say 3 is only paired with D, it's only claiming that D has 3 on the other side.

Turn the D card over and you have your answer.

Clever

It's a fucking card, what do you think?

All 4

Assume you did that and there's a d on the other side of 7....
You'd say the claim is true even though there's a 7-d card pair.

D F 7
3 itself does not matter because 3 is not limited to D

2 because we don't care about F and 7, as they are not a part of the claim.

Easy. Go back to school.

But what if on the other side of the 7 card you see a D? Then what is claimed isn't true.

The real trick in this question is the minimum is technically 1, but that's only if the D card does not have a 3 on the other side. The minimum to cover both possible outcomes is to turn over the 7 card as well to verify whether there is a D on the other side or not.

Why flip F? It says they're in letter/number pairs

And what do you expect tobe on the other side of F to prove the claim wrong?

Yes. Because that's ALL it's asking. It's not asking that EVERY card is like that.

It's fucking basic. Is there a 3 on the other side of the D card? Yes or no. Not if there's a D or 3 anywhere else.

>Easy.
>Gives wrong answer
Definitly trolling

>Says it's wrong
>Calls me troll
Is definitely a troll

You have to turn each card showing a "D" to verify whether or not the back is a "3".
You also have to turn every number that is not a "3" to confirm whether or not they show a "D".

In this example you need to turn "D" and "7".

1. Card D -> flip, see if there is a 3.
2. Card F -> don't flip, we don't care about F's
3. Card 3 -> don't flip, coz there's no rule that forbids any other letter to show a 3 behind it.
4. Card 7 -> flip, to prove that there is no D behind it.

Holy shit you're really this stupid

Are you trolling?
You have to flip 3 to make sure there's a d on the other side

No, there is no rule that says that any other letter isn't allowed to show a 3 behind it.

The rule is only if there is a D on one side, the back has to be a 3.

>The real trick in this question is the minimum is technically 1
Smartest guy in this thread

But that's wrong. You also have to check the 7 to make sure there's no D on the other side.

You've missed the trick. If you turn over the D card and there is no 3, then you have proved the claim incorrect, so you need only turn over 1 card. But, if you turn over the D card and there IS a 3, that is when you also need to turn over the 7 to check whether or not there is a D, then you know the answer.

That's what he's saying.

But technically speaking if you switch the D and there's something other than a 3, you'd prove the claim wrong switching only one card.
It wouldn't matter whats on the other side of F because the claim would already be proven wrong

ty user. Burst of encouragement from a stranger in the midst of my exams.

No.

You have been asked to state the minimum to show the claim"holds up" aka is true.

1 is the minimum possible to show it is false. 2 is the minimum to show it is true.

oh damn, I missed that. nice

But you are wrong

Well, being the smartest guy in a Sup Forums-thread isn't that much of an accomplishment. But anyway, good luck for your exams, I believe you'll do good.

>"whether the claim holds up (or not)"
Reading comprehension

either d or 3

?

D and 7. If you say anything else you are retarded.

The minimum to show the claim doesn't hold up is different from the minimum to show the claim does hold up. You can invalidate it with one flip, but you can only validate with 3.

U r rong

>only validate with 3.
Try again

>>whether the claim holds up
Fixed that for you.
If you had a brain cell you would know that it makes a difference if they are asking you to prove or disprove.

Yes fuckwit. 1 is different to 2. Thats what i said. You are wrong about needing 3 turns to prove but enough other people have explained why. Read the thread dunce.

>can only validate with 3.

Moron.

We are proving D implies 3.

Not 3 if and only if D.

all except 3
shit says if theres D on one side there has to be 3 on other , 3 may have other letters but if F or 7 has D on other side then thing is fucked

i dont trust that nigger if theres no D together with F

Read the fact. Here is another fact: you are a fucking retard.

Flip over D, if it's not 3, the claim doesn't hold up.

or

Flip over 3, if it's not D, the claim doesn't hold up.

or

Flip over D, if it's 3, then you must flip over 3, and if that's D, then the claim does hold up.

F and 7 have no reason to be involved since they are not involved in the claim.

im gonna go with 1 card needed, since its fact every card has a number and a letter on either end just flip over d to verify if the claim is true or not, if it is then 3 has d on the other end, if it isnt true then it's verified either way.

the fact is youre a virgin loser
cant be sure of anything else

It does make a difference, but the post isn't especially asking to prove the claim.

It asks to prove or disprove the claim. " 'Whether' the claim holds up" doesn't impy it does hold up.

>Flip over 3, if it's not D, the claim doesn't hold up

Wrong. See

>the post isn't especially asking to prove the claim.

Yes it is

How?

Just because one D has a 3 on the other side doesn't mean all D have 3 on the other side.

Making that assumption based on just flipping over the D is a fallacy of composition.

It reads "to verify whether the claim holds up"
Not "to verify THAT the claim holds up"
Doesn't that makes a difference?

Ahhh, but you fell for it. The fact doesn't say that every card has the same PAIR of numbers/letters on each side. They could simply be random...

Well, that makes it too easy. All you have to do is flip D.

>inb4 smartfags try to make it more difficult than it has to be.

I'd say you have to flip two cards to make sure. D and 7. Then when I flip them I see if the D has a 3 and if the 7 doesn't have a D.

Troll

You also need to flip the 7

The logical converse of "All Ds have 3s" is that non-3s are not Ds.

So you have to turn 7 as well.

It's asking you to verify the claim that all D cards have a 3 on the other side. That means you have to check the D cards as well as any numeral that is not 3. If the 7 has a D, that means the claim that ALL Ds have 3s is false, because that D has a 7

To settle this debate

The claim is: IF D on one side THEN 3 on the other side.
So all we have to do to disprove the statement is to find a D with something other on his back than a 3.

So we switch the first card to see if the back has a 3.
We don't switch the second card, because on the front side already is a three and we only search a D-Card with something other than a 3 on his back.
We don't switch the third card because there is a F on it's front and we only search D's.
We do switch the last card because there could be a D on it's back. If so, we'd have found what we were looking for: A D with something other on it's back than a 3.

So the answer is, we switch two cards. The first and the last.

The stated fact is that each card has one letter and one number. You don't need to flip F

All of you can flip my D...

You people need to read more carefully. "What is the SMALLEST number of cards that you have to turn..."

If you flip D and get something other than 3 then the claim is false and no further flips are necessary.

The answer is ONE.

Retard

>If

Cunt

This is known as a Wason selection task, a logical puzzle. Nice one user

you just have to turn D
because f and 7 dont matter
and if 3 doesnt have a D on its back that also doenst matter since you can have f3 but if D has a 7 then the claim is false