Entire filmography looks like a video game

>entire filmography looks like a video game
>rarely uses establishing shots, giving off a poor sense of where the characters are spatially
>obessed with "cool" looking moments
>most of the actors give off monotone performances due to his instructions
>student film level depth
Why does this board love this guy again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UD3byJxc9Vc
youtube.com/watch?v=zFMsR02Ggx4
youtube.com/watch?v=sx15aXjcDZg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This board doesn't
its just the pleb cross posters from Sup Forums and twitter

only Sup Forums and Sup Forums cross posters like him

he's absolute trash

>rarely uses establishing shots, giving off a poor sense of where the characters are spatially
Lmao how retarded are you?

>implying Man of Steel in particular didn't feel like you were constantly in the middle of scenes
Editing in snydershit is especially bad

uh...
ummm....
star wars

>rarely uses establishing shots
Can this meme die?
BvS was shit but there's plenty of establishing shots. There's plenty to complain about with his movies but that is unfortunately not one of them.

You people know fuck all about movies. Literally none of you can frame a single shot but hey let's call every use of cgi a "video game" to look cool.

300 is literally a perfect movie, you plebeian

top 20 films of all time??

>hear that BvS rarely uses eastablishing shots
>watch the movie and there actually plenty of them

>see Civil War
>every fucking scene starts with a giant shot of a skyline with the city's name in gigantic white letters across the screen

Holy fucking shit
I have never kekked so hard
Marveldrones are literally retarded

>U make a better movie... oh wait u can't XD
Not an argument

>>rarely uses establishing shots, giving off a poor sense of where the characters are spatially
Oh man, I was wondering what was bugging me about his movies.

How about the fact that he has no clue on how to film dialogue heavy scenes.

It's all just awkward close up of face shot, reverse shot.
When he's feeling generous he'll throw in a three quarter shot, but only when somebody is making some kind of grand gesture.

It's pretty clear that this guy doesn't give a shit about the parts of the film that don't involve CG spectacle.

>b-but marvel
wow, this thread went 10 posts before devolving into a contrarian capeshit fight

>ranks films by top 20

name me one inconsistency in 300

He has a childish obsession with slow motion and retarded action scenes.

>says plebeian
>too much of a coward to post his top 20 films
this is new Sup Forums everyone
truly /t/v//

Nobody said that JJ Abrahammies was any better

>How about this broad sweeping generalization of director's entire filmography that sounds objective but would completely disintegrate under the weight of an actual analysis
k

You're right, no one did
youtube.com/watch?v=UD3byJxc9Vc

Yeah, how about it?

>lel yr being contrarian!!
A lot of the arguments were between those two films. I found it hilarious that one supposedly underuses them while the other abuses the ever living fuck out of them.

youtube.com/watch?v=zFMsR02Ggx4
Yeah. He totally doesn't give a shit about dialogue. Good call, dude!

because contrarianism is as old as time itself

>says not plebeian
>actually creates 'top lists'

>>>/reddit/

>coward
>reddit card that quickly
huh
so my suspicions about where your sensibilities come from are correct

Kek do you actually believe this is good dialogue?

tbqh fammo
At least name some of your favourites

Just watched pic related.
It makes BvS look even worse.

I always hoped and prayed that Sup Forums liking Snyder is a meme and nothing more

I hope you get to the point sometime in the future

It started as a meme, but the teenagers on this board that are too dense to differentiate between a genuine opinion and memes got hooked in.
Marvel and DC are two sides of the same coin, and the coin is made of solidified shit. Both are for children and Sup Forums babies. You're all the same.

Yeah but marvel is for sjws.

is that why you're so afraid?

I really hope this is an ironic response

and i dont even like marvel.

kek

37 / 4 / 17 / 2

he's unironically the best cape director in hollywood.

It really seems like he has a set of moments written down he thinks are super cool and he just half asses the rest of the movie because "it will all be worth just because of this or that moment".

It is.
To a certain point. There're always some idiots who can't handle the banter.

if only the animation was the sames as the cover
why WB animation is so shit?

If you think this is a great shot, you need to watch more movies

Again, you need to watch more movies

>say nothing of substance but act smug and self-important, as though it constitutes a reasonable reply.

>Place actor in center of screen
>Place two things on either side of the frame
>Apply desaturated color correction
>15 year olds eat it up and call it kino
>Profit

>needing establishing shots
this is the capeshit audience

ITS A COVER, you dumbass.

Like the cinematics of WoW but the graphics in the videogame are shit.

Why is it so childish and plebeian when Zack Snyder does it lads?

I wouldn't know, i have never played that shit in my life, all im saying is that WB animation is shit, is fucking horrendous and only exists because DCucks and normies would buy anything branded with batman or the JUSTice league, all i say is that it would be fucking awesome that the animation was similar in art and style as the cover, it would be awesome? yes, expensive to produce? fucking yes, is it posible to make? yes. Regardless of that, I've seen better animation in fucking low budget cartoons from the 70s than any of the shit WB has ever produced. Peace.

and fuck off faggot

>doesn't understand that the greater color in bottom right is symbolic of batman's renewed hope compared to the more desaturated images on the left at his lowest point in the film.

>disliked by critics and the general public
Why wouldn't Sup Forums love him?

>Why does this board love this guy again?
I don't, Snyder is one of the worst directors of his generation.

wait this is a real complain and not a meme?

a painting is just ink on a tissue for niggers like you

>only Sup Forums and Sup Forums cross posters like him
>Sup Forums likes him

No, stop comparing Snyders lazy shit with a painting. Go watch something other than capeshit and blockbusters to gain some perspective

Seriously is there a worse director?

It's funny because it's true

Why does Snyder trigger plebs so hard?
I have a theory. I think it's because a director like PTA or Refn is known to do indie films that are works of art so plebs stay away. But Snyder directs capeshit which plebs think is their territory. So seeing capeshit made with actual substance, capeshit that actually has something to say and isn't actually capeshit makes them mad because it forces them to see their shit taste head-on
Snyder forces plebs to realise how film illiterate they are, and obviously they don't like that

that's like spot on

Snyder recreating the Pieta

I love PTA and Refn. Snyder is still a tasteless hack

Slowly but surely, as Hollywood dies and large-budget films become less and less profitable, artistic merit will strive again and hollywood will no longer be a series of a shitty advertisements, but it will reach its renaissance

HOLY FUCK DEEP PERSPECTIVE SHOTS AND PEOPLE FRAMED WITHIN DOOR WAYS.

ITS AMAZING HOW INNOVATIVE SYNDER IS.

WHAT'S THE SEARCHERS? LMAO OLD MOVIES STINK

Sucker Punch is literally a video game. Get your head out of your ass.

Except the Pieta is much more impressive in every way imaginable.

Are you implying you have any cinematic taste or knowledge whilst implying tasteless IMDB buff garbage men like Refn and fucking PTA are patrician directors?

Your cinematic skill set is very fucking low.

Seriously, mate, just end it all.

"Good artists borrow. Great artists steal."

Are you implying that Snyder ripping off someone elses imagery is supposed to be impressive?

>dude contrarianism LMAO XD
no but seriously, your pleb is showing

Snyder is one of the rare big budget filmmakers who maintains his own artistic vision and high-brow sensibilities in the face of demands by plebs for more conventional fare.

PTA and Refn are fine, but if you think they're the pinnacle of cinema you're a pleb, and probably a teenager.

youtube.com/watch?v=sx15aXjcDZg

wake the fuck up pleb.

"By the skillful and sustained use of propaganda, one can make a people see even heaven as hell or an extremely wretched movie as paradise. "

>semiotics 101

I AM JESUS I AM JESUS I AM JESUS I AM JESUS

Do you simpleton fuckers actually think this is top-quality directing? Like really? Holy fuck. It's like watching a manchild making pseudo art for 17 year olds.
Oh wait. I think I just hit the nail on the head.

Are you stepping up to me? Your fucking cinema superior you tasteless swine

"Distrust all those who deny the kino of Zack Snyder. Thus spake Zarathustra".

I honestly don't understand how Snyder has become a big hollywood director, he's like an anomaly
And yet, for some reason, the only director in hollywood who deals exclusively with blockbusters and maintains an artistic vision somehow manages to trigger so many people

People are fine to hate other big-budget directors like Bay and Whedon. But we don't get constant threads shitting on them or demanding their resignation. But Snyder? For some reason they can't deal with him. And all that sets him apart is that he actually makes films with substance

Its even worse because they'll argue that the "point" of the movie is that Superman is a mortal that is unfairly seen as a God by those he saves.

Ignoring the fact that the authority of direction/angles continually affirms the association between Superman and jesus/god.

>his own artistic vision and high-brow sensibilities
You don't really believe the garbage that you just posted, please tell me you don't.

hey did you know that the entire point of Man of Steel and Batman v Superman is that he's not Jesus? Did you realize that you're ranting like a retard about how obvious the symbolism is while also entirely missing the point of the symbolism, which is that Superman is actually just a good guy trying to do the right thing, not Jesus?

>but if you think they're the pinnacle of cinema
Where did I ever state this dickwad?
Stop projecting and stop acting like a butthurt shitstain

There's a difference between influence and ripping something off. The fact that the only thing you did to make that shot seem impressive is compare it directly to the Pieta is a testament to the artistic bankruptcy of Snyder

You might say great artist steal, but what Picasso meant by this is that great artists are able to understand what works and manipulate it. Snyder merely 'mimics'. This is why it is completely obvious who he is mimicking from film to film.

>tips

My favorite thing about Snyder is how his movies instantly look dated

Snyder is the Adam Sandler of movie directors.

"Gas the jews, race war now!"

t. Zach Synder

Thats what I thought. It's fucking galling when some unbelievable cretin thinks himself able to comprehend and appraise his superior.

You mean his cgi effects.

> his movies instantly look dated
>literally the best visual director in hollywood
>while other capeshit barely looks better than a low-budget tv series

I can't tell if you're joking or not

It's funny because it's true

Dude, you're not you when you're hungry. You should get your mom to cook you up a nice batch of tendies and then come back, you seem grouchy