Old shows you've just started watching

I'm halfway through firefly atm, the show itself is okay but damn Kaylee is 10/10 waifu tier.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TkFVgsYCTeY&autoplay=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Kaylee has the best story line payoff in Serenity.

Mal in the comics.

Shit no Shepard Book has the best comic payoff.

Thank god the comics aren't buffy and angel tier bad.

She had a longer career as a doctor than an engineer.

Kaylee's a slut bro

She was young!
Innocent even!

>shows you've tried to watch 'bout three-fo' times but never hold your attention

I'm a part of the camp that believes firefly is overrated as all hell, but you seriously can't finish a series that isn't even a full season long?

Is this the definitive Whedon kino? Been wanting to watch some, but I don't know if I watch this or Dollhouse first

I read that in a old southern mans voice.

I haven't actually seen it, but I think Buffy is the definitive Whedon kino.

This is my second attempt at it, I tried to watch it somewhere around 2008 but it didn't catch my attention. I wouldn't say it's bad this time around, but I certainly don't get the massive fandom.

>I certainly don't get the massive fandom.
I'm with you 100% on that one.

Dollhouse was a really great concept that I don't think was executed perfectly. Still worth a watch though, it's only two seasons.

It's the definitive
Dollhouse was good when I binged it but there's a lot of hate for it.

Im a huge fan and even I can't see why there is such sperg level Fandom.

At this point every one I know loves this show.

Not a show but I just saw The Thing (1982), it was good, I really liked it.

you'll love this

The main difference is that buffy has about 3-4 seasons total of great episodes out of seven. Firefly only has 14 episodes, but they're pretty much all Whedon at his best.

Angel is probably the strongest show Whedon ever did, and from I've been told he apparently wasn't as heavily involved in it as he was with some of his other shows.

I think thats a good thing

I can't decide which show to watch next. Monk or DS9. I watched the first few season of DS9 when they first aired, but don't really remember them. Monk I'm interested in because I like one of the producer/writer's podcast/radio show.

Wtf? The best pay off is Mal's in serenity. The whole story is about how the war broke him as a man. He has no hopes, and no faith. By the end of the story he chooses to lay his life down for his convictions.

>People deserve to know
>Do you really believe that?
>I do
>Are you willing to die for that belief?
>I am

Glorious character arch.

honestly joss whedon's biggest success and greatest legacy was hiring drew goddard

I'm going to recommend DS9, but I'm both a fan of Star Trek, and have never seen Monk, so I can't even pretend to be unbiased in this decision.

Cool, thanks. I watched the first episode last night and forgot how much I liked the characters and setting. Maybe I'll continue with that. I'm a big Star Trek fan, but mostly TOS, TNG and the movies. I stopped DS9 when it aired for some reason, never liked the characters on Voyager and watched about two episodes of Enterprise and knew it was time to quit.

It follows the same tendency that all modern Treks have done in that the first couple seasons are noticeably weaker than the rest. After a few seasons it becomes more of a story driven series in which there is an over arching storyline, so some people don't like it as much, and other people like it more.

I think I would like the larger story aspect. TNG was supposed to be that way (and you can see it in the "aliens have infiltrated the Federation" episode with the gore), but Roddenberry wasn't having it, so they had to go episodic.

Pretty much. Firefly was way too short for the extent of Whedon's cuckdom to glower through.

its was overrated.

Firefly only reminds me of how Whedon was based. Now he is a cucktier cuck

Me in the womb.

see had it gone on for a few more seasons he would have injected more of his cuckoldry into it, for sure.

Hello friends, please take time to appreciate this dashing commentary on corruption, greed and money in Bollywood!
youtube.com/watch?v=TkFVgsYCTeY&autoplay=1
Leaving a like and share is much appreciated!

Marco Polo (netflix). Episode 4. It's alright, but can't make difference between the women.

I'm in the Dollhouse camp, but both are great.
Just think Dollhouse has more interesting things to think about and concepts it explores.

Firefly is more comfy, Dollhouse more engaging (especially once all the twists start coming in and the show really goes off the rails)

Whedon was never based, just restrained at best.

Firefly is a meme show and a forced meme at that.
Firefly only got as big as it did because Whedon already had a fanbase. They are obnoxious, narrow-minded. They ignored that lots of shows get cancelled every year by Fox and Firefly was no different than the rest. Family Guy joked about it even.

Without a fanbase forcing it into geek cultural relevance, Firefly would be a footnote, a curiosity at best.

>a lot of hate for it.

Due to Fox cancelling TSCC for S02 of Dollhouse

>Just think Dollhouse has more interesting things to think about and concepts it explores.

That two Topher ep

Topher was absolutely heartbreaking man

Both in the future eps
and on his birthday
or him together with uhhh waspface, what was her codename again? The one with the extremely tragic backstory at least

oh and with glau and whiskey. That moment came totally out of left field for me, legit had my jaw dropped.

Great character

Librarian power through the roof

Get that shit out of here, it's bad luck.

Besides everybody knows Dr. Saunders is the real best girl.