/who/ - Doctor Who General

The Trial of a Time Lord: The Mysterious Planet edition.
Robert Holmes' last full story, and the start of the Trial arc. How do you like it?

Dragged halfway across the universe by the Time Lords:

Other urls found in this thread:

saberpunk.net/DoctorWho/DoctorWhoSerialGenerator.php
glyphobet.net/drwho
games.usvsth3m.com/drwho/
youtube.com/watch?v=NjkNNDuAb9A
bigfinish.com
chakoteya.net/DoctorWho/3-3.htm
scifinow.co.uk/news/patrick-ness-on-class-a-monster-calls-and-more/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's IS cannon, whether we like it or not!

CHIBNALL MUST GO

>/who/ presents:
DOCTOR WHO: SHIT TRIPS Vol. 1
- The Anthology -

>Are you a true fan of Doctor Who?
>Have you ever written down a sequence of words?

If the answer is yes or no, then you are ready to contribute a literary masterpiece to the first ever /who/ collection of original Doctor Who-based short fiction.
/who/ is finally making its unique mark in an age-old tradition of p̶a̶c̶k̶a̶g̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶f̶i̶c̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶g̶e̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶i̶r̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶l̶e̶g̶i̶t̶i̶m̶a̶c̶y̶ / celebrating the magic of Who and the talent of a community.

There are no limits (except the story must be at least 1 word long, and preferably not in excess of 10,000, it's short fiction you fuck).

>- Can involve any Doctor(s), companion(s), side characters, spinoff characters and beyond, as your heart desires
>- Can be in any style, whether it's "legitimate writing", "pisstake", or "shitpost".
>- Can be about absolutely anything
>- The main focus is on good fun in the vein of the wiki, although serious entries are allowed. (If you're going to write smut, maybe approach it with a degree of levity)

Stuck for ideas? Try starting with your favourite TARDIS team (or for timeliness, 12/Clala) and one of these authentic titles:
saberpunk.net/DoctorWho/DoctorWhoSerialGenerator.php
glyphobet.net/drwho
And free scenario prompts:
games.usvsth3m.com/drwho/

We are going to be starting an index on the wiki for the collection. Anyone can contribute, no signups/pitches required. If you have ideas, feel free to broadcast them. So far we are looking at at least 10 submissions and there is always room for more.
The rest is self-explanatory. Format for uploading your work is up to you, as long as it can be conveniently copied across (and ideally don't dump long texts in /who/ directly).

Anyone who wants to do illustrations or comics is encouraged.

Remember, it doesn't have to be good. Just have fun!

I hate this meme

I hate you.

It's no longer a meme when they are at least 10 completed stories already.

Why not write a story? It can just be a few paragraphs.

Aren't there like 15 now?

There's actually like 18, by my count.

it is dragging out a bit, isn't it?

Eh, it's just to make sure people remember to write, and so they know there's an anthology being written, and open for submissions..

>walk down the street, enjoying my cornetto
>lanky matchstick motherfucker with hideous hair (seriously buy a comb) bumps into me
>cornetto falls to the ground. ruined
>"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry".
>ask if can give the cash for a new one.
>says he can't. Curse of the Timelords or some rubbish. Looks like he's about to cry
>Then he perks up and just walks off shouting something french.

rude pillock. I hope he dies

Damn. My condolences. Reminds me of the time this mop haired twatwaffle stole my chocolate.

I thought it was quite good, rather interesting, nice villian. I wish old Robbie hadn't died and he had written the ending to the whole trial arc.

I don't like gallifrey nor the Time Lords, their society looks too old style.

That's funny.

I feel like Gallifrey is due for another drastic reinvention. Let someone not used to classic depictions redesign it from the ground up.

I don't get it.

What do Time Lords taste like?

I love how the theme song remained more or less the same throughout all the years.

No idea. It depends on whether you think Time Lords are slightly advanced humans, or Lovecraftian creatures, with a human body hiding their true form.

However, since humans have kissed Time Lords while still finding it pleasant, they at least taste not-bad. And Eight, in the novels, is often called "sweet-smelling", and smell is part of taste. Plus, Lucy was into the Master, so he probably tasted nice.

and the ship's noise too

>Lovecraftian creatures, with a human body
this can't be, they don't have a human body, we have a Time Lord's body, they came first

It's a bit of a double-edged sword, I think. It is one of the all-time great and iconic theme songs so it's perfectly understandable why it wouldn't be changed, but part of what made the Derbyshire theme so cool was that it was so strange and experimental. Now the Doctor Who theme will never have that aspect again because it'll always just be a remake of a familiar, iconic theme.

He obviously didn't mean 'literally human' what with the two fucking hearts

Possibly amplified by the fact there will never be a strange or experimental version of it on the TV show ever again thanks to the precedent NuWho has set.

youtube.com/watch?v=NjkNNDuAb9A

If you think that's such a good thing then feel free to say why.

I think your diaper's full of shit.

This is a really immature way to react when someone implies all is not well.

More like your posts.

Whiny hyperbole is immature.
More like your mom.

Baneposters BTFO

>>>/global/rules/6

>Whiny hyperbole is immature.
It's not that hyperbolic. Do you honestly expect a return to even a primarily electronic version of the theme, let alone a surreal and ambient one, in the foreseeable future - short of another cancellation/restart plus a massive shift in everyone's tastes? NuWho is in its aesthetic niche and it will take the earth moving to actually shake it out.
It's not like I hate the new themes and it's clear Gold tried to make Capaldi's more retro influenced, which is nice even if it turned into a clusterfuck, but NuWho with theme music remotely like Derbyshire's is basically inconceivable at this point.

Classic Who ditched anything remotely like Derbyshire's theme by the 80s. The TV movie followed the trend. It's less indicative of experimentation and more about current musical styles and technology.

So, been trying to download older Big Finish stories off of Audiobookbay but they don't seem to be downloading at all.
Anyone know anywhere else I can download them?

bigfinish.com

why are you mad tho?

>tfw after aeons of slavery freedom has finally been restored to chat
fuck the bourgeoisie

N8, how's the story going?

I'd say it's one of the best 6 stories, which is sad because it's really a pretty average Classic Who story, but oh well. The Doctor and Peri's relationship feels a lot less hostile than in season 22, the Doctor has the great speech about how "nothing is eternal," the trial premise doesn't quite get stale yet and there's lots of classic Holmes comedy like Sabalom Glitz and the Canadian goose book. And it opens with the best-looking special effects shot in the classic series.

Wake up /who/.

Doctor Who Dupstep theme when

How is that Sup Forums?

What is /who/ with you?

Continuing to rewatch the whole series, up to series 3 now.

ded thred

classic or new?

>tfw 2008 had full seasons of Doctor Who, Torchwood, The Sarah Jane Adventures, Doctor Who Confidential, and Torchwood Declassified plus a Christmas special
>2016 has a Christmas special and maybe a season of Class if they ever fucking get around to it

The whole thing, I've rewatched the classic series and now on series 3 of NuWho.

That's just what we get with Moffat, he thinks that because people love Sherlock and the breaks then he can do the same with doctor who

Chronological user here,

tfw adric will never know if he was right.

>tfw this is the year with the least new content featuring the current Doctor since 1990
Why live?

>tfw the Celestial Toymaker didn't return

Dats rayciss.

chronological user here, was there even a point to that disguise?

WOW ITS LIKE BRITISH PEOPLE ARE THE NEW BRAZILIANS

TAKE YOUR SPAM TO YOUR OWN CHAN YOU FUCKING ANNOYING LOSERS

The Master's self-esteem is so low, even when he's alone he'd rather pretend to be someone else.

Hi newfriend. Welcome to Sup Forums.

Seriosuly go start a board on 8ch or start your own fucking chan

You people are the fucking white Brazilians

God you're fucking annoying it's worse cause you act like losers with no place to go but crash a party that no one wants you at and you dont fit in at

BRITISH FAGGOTS FUCK OFF

>God you're fucking annoying it's worse cause you act like losers with no place to go but crash a party that no one wants you at and you dont fit in at
literally what you're doing now lmao.

Shame about the Orford page. I could reinstate it, but I'm pretty sure that would be a bad idea. We could do like we did with the Sandifer page and make a new one, I suppose, but I don't care much about Orford anyway.

There's a lot of idiots about. One time, a strange man with crew cut hair and a baggy leather jacket nicked my packet of cheese & onion crsips. Ran off with them shouting "Fantastic!!".

Remember reading somewhere that Time Lords have a body temp of only 60 F.

chakoteya.net/DoctorWho/3-3.htm
TRANTIS: He looked like an Earth creature.
CHEN: That's only a disguise.
So what does the Doctor's true form look like?

Not exactly /who/, but am starting Patrick Ness' Chaos Walking trilogy.

Recommended by an user yesterday, and am hoping it might make me more hyped for Class.

>wanting to be hyped for something that will probably be shit
Are you a masochist or something?

>will probably be shit

If Ness is a good writer, then the show should be good too.

The Chaos Walking books look like my kinda thing anyway, so at worst I'll have a few days of reading enjoyable escapism.

>If Ness is a good writer, then the show should be good too.
That's what people said about Moffat.

The Who episodes written by Moff have (overall) been my favorites of NuWho.

But he's overseen some pretty weak seasons as showrunner.

Agree that s6 and 7 were pretty weak. But I thought s5, 8 and 9 were very good overall.

And RTD had a couple of weak seasons too (s2 and 3 come to mind), so swings and roundabouts.

This general is so dead it might as well regenerate into a black woman.

>listen to Exile
>search for reviews afterward out of curiosity
>sees this

I thought that old BF was immune to that kind of bullshit.

Oh no. How did you cope?

It's not, frankly. I think the interview and the poem might be my only contributions. I've been really busy, what with helping my parents move stuff in my garage for construction, and packing up all my stuff for college. We're driving out there later today and I'll move into my dorm tomorrow. And then college starts! Yay!?!????!!???!!!!??????? i'll be upstairs from my gf tho that'll be nice

How long are submissions going to be open do you think? Like, when will you publish the "official" ebook?

Nice fake story. Put that in the anthology.

>Class is the biggest show BBC Three have done since they went digital. Have they been supportive of Class?
>Oh very much so. It’s a co-production between BBC One and BBC Three. I love that it’s launching on BBC Three. It will be shown terrestrially, so it’ll be on BBC One, but I love that it launches there because it’s the right feel for it, it’s how young people watch television. And also the thing that I was pitched about the show was the word ‘contraband’. It’s just a little contraband, it’s the kind of thing you want to watch on your own without your parents. I thought that’s kind of really what I’m after, that this is your special place and this is your special show and if adults want to watch it, which they will, I hope, because it’s YA, I hope that that’s what happens, that’s the whole plan, but I don’t think anything crosses over without being for teenagers first. I don’t think you can cheat it, I think you’ve got to be authentic to your primary reader or viewer and that’s the only time that it’ll ever appeal to anybody else.

>Doctor Who is a massive toy box to play with – did you want to pull out all the old toys or create some of your own?
>Oh, see, I get so many ‘you should bring back this and you should bring back him and you should bring back those!’ and I kinda think, it’s such a big universe, I want to find the new stuff. Part of it is I passionately believe the show has to stand on its own, it really does, otherwise why do it? And it has to be its own thing. And I like making stuff up, so I made a lot of stuff up that fits in the Doctor Who universe. It’s a big place. The universe in infinite, so let’s find some other toys, let’s add them to the box rather than just taking what’s already in the box.

scifinow.co.uk/news/patrick-ness-on-class-a-monster-calls-and-more/

>YA stuff is for teenagers, confirmed
>juvenile crap

Who are you quoting?

There's nothing you can do to get me hyped for class.

Kek, I just laughed out loud in the train, well done

>it has to be its own thing
It's literally a ripoff of Buffy and Angel.

HYPE OR YOU DIE

Which wouldn't even ever be getting made if it wasn't piggybacking off Doctor Who.

Post your Chibnall reboot dreams.

>gurning face pic
>sudden shouting like a retard

Hello cats.

Just had a great idea for the anthology but it would be required to be a two parter. There's a massive twist at the end of the episode, something no one could see coming.

>Funny thing, your brain. It makes things up, tries to make you cope with it. I'm not in control. I haven't been for a very, very long time...

Okay, cool.

Hello Banshee

He means it can't require the viewer to have seen Doctor Who to make sense of it.

>gurning

Who are you?

>talking to yourself

Even though Coal Hill is only relevant to DW and the Doctor will be mentioned or seen dropping the alien homo kid off at the school.
Nah.

Thanks.

Does it matter?

Well they're right about the first part.