Songs that make you think about your ex

songs that make you think about your ex. (pls no ur gf had shit taste just feels)

>ex's name
>song - artist
>why or what it makes you think about it

i'll start

>Sarah
>Promise - Adventures
>Her favorite song from her favorite band.

>Against the Moon - Iceage
>Drunkenly slow danced to this near the end.

3. There Is A Light That Never Goes Out - The Smiths
>Made plans before we broke up, both end up going anyways so stuck together but no longer dating, then almost died which is a whole story, but the next day we listened to this and made some jokes and it was okay.

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/user-904064892/shooting-stars-reminds-me-of-my-ex-girlfriend-and-i-hate-it
youtube.com/watch?v=v4kKL-1F2yI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

fucked up the formatting on that last one.. sorry if you have ocd.

Fuck off normie

kek

This charming man
She sang to it once

I'm sad now

Every goddamn song makes me think of her...

U2 - Elevation

Luomo - Tessio

Modjo - Lady (Hear me Tonight)

Hootie and the Blowfish - Only Wanna Be With You

you fucking pussies. she left all of you because you can't rely on another human being to validate your existence

Montse
Bloc Party - Signs
it makes me really sad to think she's not here anymore.
"I see signs now all the time, that you're not dead, you're sleeping..."

*You just can't validate human existence by any means

Crew Slut - Frank Zappa

Michelle
Where'd All The Time Go by Dr. Dog
She really liked this band and we played through the whole album on a road trip one time.

>having an ex

Belle and Sebastian - Seeing Other People
One night she was really sad about an ex, so I talked her down and put it on as she was falling asleep.

Buena Vista Social Club - Murmullo
Listened to the whole album the last time I saw her, going back over the album this song sticks out to me, mainly because of the lyrics.

It feels like I still think about her a lot and sometimes it bothers me. I don't know what to do, as it has literally been years since I last talked to her, let alone saw her. It definitely doesn't hurt as much as it used to, but it would be nice to move on.

*because you can't be addicted to Animal Crossing on DS and ""be present""

I'm not coming back Jeff

>I won't tell her name
>The WHOLE album
>She used her illness and my guilt to keep control over me. The album is kinda our relationship.

soundcloud.com/user-904064892/shooting-stars-reminds-me-of-my-ex-girlfriend-and-i-hate-it

>Kodi
>A lack of color by DCFC

She was roommates with my buddies gf at the time. When I first met her she was listening to this song and trying to learn the tabs for it. we were all supposed to go out together but her and I ended up hanging out and just talking about music. Favorite concerts we had gone to, favorite albums, etc. Her and I ended up dating for 5 years, countless concerts, music festivals, road trips, camping, we traveled across the country for a year of it. Proposed to her at a DCFC concert, she said yes at the time. A couple weeks later she freaked and said she was "Too broken to be someones forever." and cut things off.

>"Too broken to be someones forever"

Jesus I look back at how cringe that fucking sounds. Just started talking to a new girl though, been 2 years and it feels weird, but I'm excited.

>Brooke
>Adelaide - Breaking

Anberlin is her favorite band and she once gave me a CD she burned with all of Cities plus a few other Anberlin songs, and this was one of them. After we broke up the lyrics took on a whole new meaning. This happened when I was 14 (I'm 21 now) but this song still makes me think of her. I have dated since then but that was my longest relationship and thus the most significant

>A Lack of Color

oh man this one also makes me think of her. No particular reason for that one except that I first got into Death Cab while we were dating

Lmao I fucked up, I meant
>Breaking - Anberlin
I was gonna put Adelaide first but realized Breaking was a better fit

Chris Isaak - Wicked game

>Sam
>Enter Shikari - Away
This was a while ago. She showed me a lot of songs, she used to help setting up concerts back in her home town, so she showed me a lot of music, but it was mostly screamo, so I honestly didn't like most of it, but I always liked this track. I went back to it a lot when we broke up.
Thankfully I got a new gf, and we still talk and are still friends. She's a nice girl, but seems to have had bad luck picking boyfriends, others seem to abuse or cheat on her, she's dated 3 or 4 guys after me with horrible results every time. I feel bad for her, because she's genuinely a nice girl, but part of me feels good. She could have had me, but she decided to go with those idiots instead. Oh well, I'm good.

youtube.com/watch?v=v4kKL-1F2yI

>Marie
>Suzanne - Cohen (really just Song of Leonard Cohen)
>i got my first kiss listening to it and i can't listen to it or the album anymore because i'm fucking sad most of the time and i know that if i put it on i'll get a feeling that she left me because i'm an autistic fuck that can't talk to people in public and not because she wanted something else (which really also is my fault)