youtube.com/watch?v=UBfoMgllphs
youtube.com/watch?v=vFoQB-q_Ji0
youtube.com/watch?v=zlW2poIt6nY
youtube.com/watch?v=krWvR0gibAI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

G A L N E Y R U S

post fun metal
youtube.com/watch?v=JO7TZGgBbOw

I really really enjoy this song and Advance and Vanquish as an album, but Deadly Sinners has like 3 false endings.
>okay now the songs over
>oh a solo
>okay..NOW the song is over
>okay NOW it's over. Oh it actually is

Wykydtron is the best track

actually it's Lord of the Storm

youtube.com/watch?v=DqX-BC7ImXU

metal for this feel?

whatcha listnin to fagets

Stop listening to Anime

no varg you *watch* anime

Maybe we overdid it the last two generals and that's why this one's so fucking dead.

you can only "t. numale' an user so many times before his tendies arrive.

This one's dead because nobody made a thread before the last one died.

That has happened before, though. What hasn't happened in a good while is that the previous thread reached over 390 posts.

I actually did a new thread right after the previous one died but deleted it because no one was replying.

2nd wave black metal is the retarded lil bro of 1st wave BM

That's probably why the cancer didn't migrate to this thread.

Can we attempt actual discussion? Quick, a hidden gem you never see discussed, bonus points if it's by one-album bands

>Quick, post* a
sorry me lads

Anyone surprised at how good the Australian BM scene is? Shits dank as fuck

not a *hidden* gem since the names involved are quite high-profile, but it's a one-album duo that gets eclipsed by pretty much everything else Gaahl-related. It's a FUN, adrenaline-addled raw bm with subtle touches of industrial, and the cover art and album name are as shitty as they are memorable.
youtube.com/watch?v=tqtqPm9sMpY

Not at all. Australia is like Wacko's bag. You never know what's about to come out of it, but you know it'll be great and much needed. Early OSDM, DSBM, Cybergrind, christian DM with angry, drunken Sprechgesang, the works. And that's just within the metal genre.

that looked like a Burka before I enlarged it

rec me more waxtrax worship bands

thought it was burka but
was actually titties. What a juxtaposition

I'm from Australia and its always a welcome surprise finding hella good bands from my area. It seems like my country always takes a style of music and adds a bit of extremity to it.

Gentlemen, we have the key to converting all those I.S.I.S. extremists to our side.

Tactical white titty burqas.

>It seems like my country always takes a style of music and adds a bit of extremity to it.
Yes. Exactly. Noise Rock was born when Australians tried playing punk rock.

I really like how Gaahls vocals changed so much over time. Only wish he would have used more variety per album instead of limiting one style per era, sometimes per band (his work on Trelldom's Til Et Annet... [1998] is probably his peak performance, and sounds nothing like what he does in Destroyer or Erotic Funeral)

exactly, shit like Lubricated Goat, Venom P Stinger, The Birthday Party, and Cosmic Psychos

And nobody replied because you didn't post it in the prior thread.

Speaking of: Did Sigfader ever.... do anything?

I just jammed Trelldom's whole discog the other day, their first 2 albums are very good.
It's a shame God Seed didn't work out for Gaahl, that one album was tight.

It was dead. Can't you read?

It was, though, a bit of a consolation prize for those of us who were immensely disappointed with Quantos[...] and Instinctus Bestialis and had enjoyed Twilight and AMSG greatly. Jotunspor is also really cool, but a lot more rock-tempo

Don't forget these fuckers

on average 1 in 5 /metal/ posts contain the word nu-male

I think they recorded a demo? I remember looking for it years ago and giving up rather quickly

Damn this shit is thicc af

This is absolutely bestial oh my shit
youtube.com/watch?v=558sI-iMbUE

youtube.com/watch?v=YAuCNDw5tUs
>turns out it's amazing
>4 track only EP
>band did nothing else
This hurts. I need more like this.

refer to Your thread wasn't an exception to this trend.

Meanwhile New Zealand developed a dreamy, comfy as fuck, fuzzy jangle rock scene that ended up being huge overseas. Weird.

I was just commenting on how I made a thread and decided to give it a mercy killing before it reached the 11th page with 0 replies.

I Wish > all of their other songs

And I was explaining the reason it was nearing page 11 with 0 replies. People generally just migrate thread to thread instead of searching through the catalog.

*I knew the reason, for fuck's sake*

Is it safe to post metal now, or are we still in autistic shitpost overdrive central?

Can you for some weird reason not see how the thread's doing so far? I think it's going great.

>quads+trips
wooo

RISEEEEEEEEEEE

In that case...
youtube.com/watch?v=WDvSYFr8NKc

youtube.com/watch?v=tPIO86jTrQQ

THAAAT'S RIGHT
I'M GONNA GET BACK UP
AND SHOOT YOU IN THE FACE!

youtube.com/watch?v=UBfoMgllphs

WHY IS DEATH METAL SO FUCKING FUN?!

because R I F F S

Metal isn't supposed to be "fun"

that's a very deathlike silence attitude, bro

Guys, how do I learn to do black metal vocals properly? Planning to make a solo project in a year or two, but need to learn vocals first.

GOOD.

Just scream incoherently like you're dying.

>wanting to make bedroom black metal
y tho

In my experience you have to find your own voice. There's no formula to it. Try varying the level of pressure and volume until you find one you can sustain and are comfortable with. Otherwise try to find a way to make it idiosyncratic instead of trying to sound like people like Pest or Hoest

because he might have fun doing it? I remember playing with the idea some 12 years ago. Ended up writing enough material for like four albums before realising I couldn't afford the instruments on the first place.

Could've been a ghost writer

who /sleepy/ here?

Thoughts/opinions?

Can't sleep tonight :(

I'm too selfish. I didn't want anyone else involved. Also the few people I knew of who could have hypothetically lend me a hand were into minimal, raw, TH worship and my brand of bm riffing and song structure was too """adventurous""""

For myself.
Will do.

just wokey

I should go to bed, have to be up in six hours, but I'm not feeling it

remember also that you don't need to be super loud, that's why microphones were invented

RIP, I slept all day and I'm still tired.

No user, you're tired *because* you slept all day.

It's not good to sleep a lot.

Rec more dank death metal that I can buy on cassette.

how much is a lot? i usually sleep 12 hours

That much

9-10 hours.

Concerto Moon is not to bad either.

Venenum - Trance of Death

Riffs this album is it.

Their debut is ridiculously underrated. I blame the production.

Sounds good, but where can I get it on cassette?

>cassette
oh
well... it's on vinyl

I tried to get into vinyl, but the aura of the cassette tape is too strong. Besides being cheaper to buy and easier to handle/store/transport, there's just something really attractive about exclusive brutal artwork on a little case like that. It's like the essence of obscurity and the occult given physical form.

>

Browse Discogs more, nigga. YouTube too.

I do. Discogs is my main site. I try to use YouTube but it keeps reccing black metal and black metal is only bearable to me when it's heavily mixed with death.

awwwwwwwwww shit niggers
youtube.com/watch?v=vFoQB-q_Ji0

GRAAAANDMAAA

USPM!

anybody have a chart that says "ancient metal" on it? i remember it has Tales From the Thousand Lakes and Epicus Doomicus Metallicus on it

post when the first attempt at a genre or style immediately got it right

I'm pretty sure this is what Gloryhammer is spoofing
youtube.com/watch?v=zlW2poIt6nY

well yeah, that's the Rhapsody guitarist's side project and Rhapsody is the father of those "le epic fantasy lyrics, major key, shredding guitar, orchestral synths" power metal bands

>like 3teeth
>never heard of waxtrax

R I F F S B O Y S

youtube.com/watch?v=krWvR0gibAI