Be a huge fan of Swans and SFTB before I even knew what Sup Forums was

>be a huge fan of Swans and SFTB before I even knew what Sup Forums was
>found out about it and the band on various websites, lists, and reviews
>think it's one of the best albums of all time
>turns out this website likes it too
>try to have discussions about it in threads
>get called a Sup Forumstant fat basement dwelling edgy cuck faggot 12 year old numale for even liking the album

I don't understand

That's why you don't want Sup Forums to find out about your actual favorite albums. Just spam the same ol same ol, smile and nod.

Swans are shit.
>makes distorted vacuum noises
>"omg so deep"

A: no you didnt
B: its really not their best and your taste is shit

Case in point

your putting a cock in your ass is not proof of me calling you a faggot

I didn't understand that because you wrote that like a brain dead toddler, try again

I honestly feel like this board would be improved by Reddit tier declawing.

Swans is the shittiest band to ever have such cult acclaim

What do you mean?

>Giving a shit about what people on an imageboard think about you

I really don't, I'm just wondering why Sup Forums contradicts itself all the time. People claim that this is one of the most praised albums on Sup Forums, while people on here constantly shit on it and the listeners. I don't understand

This might be the worst Swans thread I've seen in a while. They're usually super comfy.

Have you had the pleasure of seeing them live OP? What did you think of the recent trilogy?

Sup Forums stopped being a good board about 8 years ago
Get out while you can faggot.

I'm drunk enough to give you a description so listen up

The first group you mention are talking about a Sup Forums that doesn't really exist anymore but has its legacy in many, MANY charts that are proliferated today. The people who shit on it are a mix of people who came just after those charts, conformed their taste entirely to it, and were shit on for not trying to make taste of their own, and incredibly new newfags who just want to fit in. Its not worth interpreting, just ignore.

Not OP, but I saw them at Primavera 2 weeks ago. I saw them before at a venue on the same tour, but the festival setting and the better sound made it much more enjoyable. Felt like i was transcending during Cloud of Unknowing.

Sounds cool bro. I've seen them twice, first was fantastic but second was hampered slightly.

>have to get the train to city to see show
>last train back is about ten minutes after the estimated end time
>sit through show increasingly nervous I'm gonna miss it and be stuck
>they start TGM, half an hour til the train
>frantically checking my watch
>have to bail just as the main riff section comes in
>literally sprint to the station, make it to the platform with seconds to spare
>the train is fucking 40 minutes late

Sup Forums is notoriously one of the worst places to talk about music.
besides, nobody here knows jack shit about music anyway.

Its an amazing album
What is your favorite track OP?
I really love Helpless child and Live through me, its such a perfect transmission

that sounds very similar to my first experience seeing them. I was lucky to see the end of the show though, as soon as the glowing man ended i left the venue to catch my train in time. The venue wasn't that good though, I don't know the song, but the venue's sound system broke twice during one song. Fixing that took away like 20 minutes and they had to omit another song. Also I was wearing earplugs for obvious reasons which took away from the experience, but it was unbearable without, the festival show had much cleaner sound that sounded amazing even when it got extremely loud. It was the best loudness I've ever heard honestly. All the bandmembers contributed to the creation of that loud as fuck noise and it sounded fantastic, you could make out all the details and textures while they constantly pushed that noise onwards and added new textures and sounds to it. It was one of the best gigs i've attended really. My mind was blown.

Not OP, but I started listening to Swans a few weeks ago and this album is phenomenal. I personally also enjoy Helpless Child, but The Sound gets me all the time. I sometimes just sit on the balcony, looking at my home city and listen to this song, absorbing its sounds.

I listened to it years ago and even Mike and Jarboe moved beyond it, though Mike is making boring post-rock wank now and Jarboe made tepid stuff and collabs after Swans.

>Mike

Mean Monster Mike.

>I was wearing earplugs for obvious reasons which took away from the experience
What kind? The ones with the plastic tubes designed for musicians give the perfect balance between volume and clarity in my experience.

those are the ones I have. I could still hear the music clearly, i just didn't feel as involved as I was the second time I saw them. It felt too distanced.

>caring about Sup Forumstants opinion
Reminder that there are people here who unironically listen to taylor swift, and these people might just be the same as those who hate Swans. You can't possibly have shittier taste than these people.

>taking opinions of Sup Forumstants seriously
half the people in here are le epic 12 y/o trolls, never take anything face value here

chill the fuck out tards

it means you are a gay faggot because there is a cock in your ass not because i called a gay faggot which i may or may not have done upon noticing your comment, not the cock in your ass

>select belts
>ooooh rainbows!