What genre has the most stigma/judgement attached?

Specifically after you are 18 or so. I wanna say metal as the fans seem to be most insular in music taste and least likely to convert others. But emo/pop punk adult fans are close.

Rock fans are super fucking insufferable

define rock

define define

general rock is a bit too general but a lot of rock fans outside of metal/hard rock aren't seen as autists and shit. i have never met a socially adjusted math rock fan

White male K-pop / jpop fans

Rap
Edm
Metal

The big 3 of pleb

meant more outside of this board. maybe gansta rap, but most people have accepted rap as a form of pop and wont judge too hard unless you are a wigger. same with edm unless you are a raver kid/edm hippie

"General rock" isn't a genre. Try being more specific.

goth, emo, and punk

was replying to with "rock fans" being too general.
although most people who say they like rock, and have taste, generally pull from a lot of the genres and aren't seen as autists like metal fans

I don't know what specifically it is, but people who only listen to showtimes/ Broadway musicals have something wrong with them. Like emotionally they are hiding a deep, fucked up flaw

Musical theater kids are like pod people. I don't trust em

i mean if they are faggots, then i can get it to a point. but after HS until becoming elderly, its a sign of shit taste in music and high likelyhood of serial killer/molester/ pod like qualities

Are you saying my grandmother is a serial killer/molester/podperson? Where does this opinion come from? Seems like projection to me. Watch out with that, I can see what you're trying to hide and blame others for.

i said until becoming elderly you illiterate fuck. then it becomes acceptable again. your brain is basically mush at that point and the saccharin sounds of show tunes aren't being used as some weird emotional veil.

oh shit my bad

classical fags on here are as bad a metal/kpop fans but unfortunately they get a pass in real life. though i doubt it helps get them laid anymore than those fags

Yeah, /classical/ is a hellhole.

there needs to be more stigma attached to faggots like this who listen to shit edm. they are like modern equivalent of hippies, even worst in some ways. chainsmokers are making it more acceptable too

IDM would fit too.
>Intelligent dance music

is that more because of the fans attitude then the music? most of it is pussy shit that normies are more confused than offput by. IDM fans new "indie rock" hipsters?

>is that more because of the fans attitude then the music?
I think it's more because of the artist. Who would associate himself with a genre containing intelligent in its name? Talk about pretentious.
>most of it is pussy shit that normies are more confused than offput by
I wouldn't use those terms, but I can agree. Most of those musicians garner reputation by making a dozen of that weird ambient music, only to have their fans herald them as visionaries and boundary pushing geniuses. So, it's the fault of the fans too. Not that they're aware of it or honest enough to admit doing so.

A dozen tracks*
Admit to doing so*

I doubt majority of people even know what IDM is/stands for. Def the new hipsters of the day tho

People who unironically listen to trance willfully and not on drugs should be put down. The worst part besides the whole "drugs lmao" thing is how they think the genre is innovative and half of the fans are "producers" themselves and think they're artists for putting panning effects on shitty synths over the same bassline for 20 minutes

it bothers me that a lot of the stuff kids i knew like this would play are one track by someone like you describe. no albums, tons of shit remixes, and the kids who didn't do drugs were usually the fakest/most judgemental wanna be hippies . made me want to smack those stupid beads off

This. Trance is nonsense. Almost every single song is the fucking same, anyone can loop one beat for 10 minutes.

But, hey, anything with the bass end jacked up is surely going to do something to your body. Not to mention when you're on drugs.

whats worse, trance, or the "dubstep" scene that came a few years before it. pretty much same kids/scene, just went from one style to the next.

i hated dubstep more because the "drops" always sounded the same and the bass was always blown out with not force behind it. instead of deep and bone thumping it sounded like farting 12 kbps samples

on the flip, people who associate bruno mars with fun and free spirited good vibes are instantly labeled as boring plebs in my book