Anyone see this movie?

Anyone see this movie?

liked it, ridley scott all over, visually stunning, the music was awesome, i enjoyed the first and second acts the most, the third act felt a bit forced tho, 7/10

Anyone see this movie?

Was not bad, Ridley Scott def has his touch on it with the photography/set design. Don't like the Prometheus angel they always try to throw in but if you're looking for a movie where an Alien is fucking people up, it's good.

Also, Walter is David at the end and they all die.

>at the end and they all die.
That's happened in every alien movie, so nothing new

good movie OP but better know the other 5 movies before

Alien, Ripley + Super Cat live
Aliens, Ripley + Stupid little girl lives (Kinda)
Alien 3, can't remember that piece of shit, pretty sure Ripley lives
Alien Resurrection: See Alien 3
Prometheus: Only film where all die
wat

And you only have to see Alien, Aliens and Prometheus, the other two are trash as fuck
>

It was Prometheus II. If you liked Prometheus, you'll like this one.

this. Except the actual Alien is in it

Good call. Basically the same movie.

at the end of prometheus David and Dr Shaw survive ( you only learn that she died in a:covenant)
at the end of a:covenant Daniels and Tennessee survived ( you have to wait alien 7 to know what happens with them after Divided put them in cryo sleep)

>Alien 3, can't remember that piece of shit, pretty sure Ripley lives
at the end of alien 3 Ripley was inseminated and decide to suicide in fire with the chestbuster ... Great scene imho

He saves two face grabber eggs. Assuming he's gonna use them on Daniels and Tennessee and send the shit to Origae-6?

Oh yeah. then shes still alive somehow in Resurrection.

>Resurrection
she is not the "original " ripley
she is a clone made from her cells found in the speceprison where alien 3 took place...
in alien:resurrection she is an hybrid between a human and an alien... (she had stronger power and acid blood)

>and send the shit to Origae-6?
Good question... Since he have now about 2000 bodies to made experience with... and he control the ship, who knows (ridley knows) what will happen next and where the ship will land..

Since this movie took place before Alien 1, the beer question is: where the eggs found from the crew of the nostromo in the ingeniers-spaceship crashed on LV-426 came from ...

Well, I liked Prometheus but thought Covenant was a bit shit.

It has the worst, most illogical stupid behavior for the sake of script convenience in any Alien film.

It's totally watchable but it's worse than Prometheus but better than Alien3/Resurrection.

>ingeniers

I felt it was equal to Prometheus. Had more of that Alien feel, esp the lighting in the ships.

It was so-so.

Totally worth seeing in theaters if you want to get that movie theater-suspense feel going on.

If not, just wait until it comes out to watch it.

I enjoyed Alien Covenant. The visuals were stunning, and special effects were great, the story and acting were good. There were a few really nice small touches- in the beginning, David moves his arms more when he walks and becomes more 'human' the more he questions why he should serve a human. And David tells Walter that the only reason a synthetic would lose a hand is for love, then David later gives up his hand.

There was a lot of dumbassery by the crew, which is standard in a science fiction or a horror movie. They didn't break the cardinal rule of scifi movies (when you meet a hostile alien life form, don't eat it or fuck it). But the number of dumb things the crew did is staggering (how many crew members went off by themselves to die?).

> the beer question

>Alien feel
the whole movie is an copy/homage to the first one...

you also sawant the homage to böcklin?

yea it sucked ass

The dumbassery of the crew really almost ruined the movie for me. It was like a cheap 80's teen slasher film.

It was too predictible

exactly why i fucking hated it. those mother fuckers have to be the dumbest fucking people to send on a mission for something as important as this.

>finds random fucking planet that they missed while searching for a years
>decide to land on planet without any prior knowledge of what the fuck is down there
>go out into the planet not giving a fuck if there is breathable oxygen, parasites, microbes etc.

I mean i could fucking go on about how fucking stupid those people were.

All your points are true but the planet was habitable and its not like they had that information about parasites or microbes on Origae-6 either, just the terrain layout and evacuation plans.

But I mean, it makes sense why they would land. You're in the middle of fucking no where and theres a 7 year journey to your destination, and you hear a human recoridng (The John Denver song) a two weeks ride away?

How the hell do you not land there and check it out then. You're gonna spend the next 7 years going, what is the unknown that was there? Which is basically why the fuck you're in space exploring to begin with

you fucker lol

I could almost forgive that but I can't forgive the stupid fuckery like

>crew get attacked by vicious flesh-tearing aliens
>all decide to wander off alone at various intervals for literally no reason other than to get killed

I mean, THAT egg scene was so ridiculously stupid - just figured out you're the big bad behind all this, but hey....what's in here? It's safe, you say?

I really liked it. Unlike Prometheus, this movie had more of the older Alien movie feels. Tight corridors, loose alien in the space ship, etc. I would definitely recommend.

Not even true, they don't all die and that twist isn't the twist you expect, it's quite obvious from earlier on about Walter/David.

read They don't all die. You could see the twist coming from a mile away though

Yeah, that egg scene was ridiculous but where do they all travel alone other than that? Every other death was either by surprise from Alien being there or random shit.

The woman who needs to 'clean herself up'.

Instead of doing it in front of the crew she wanders about a half mile away..... to apply some bandages.

So far away that no-one hears her screams.

That one scene turned me off the movie.

and this was directly after they'd been attacked by the alien and had some crew members butchered

Couldn't you just untwist it then? Like if you saw it from a mile away, just take care if it and it's smooth sailing.

You have a good point and maybe I was a little harsh on the movie. However, the reason I mentioned all of that was because they didn't really give us a whole lot of information

They said that they extensively "vetted" the original planet and nothing really more after that. Not only that but they had been looking at it for a long time. What they don't mention is what they know about it. The movie just doesn't give us a lot of information at all.

And this goes for the second planet they found, they literally just found it and decided to go. They showed them scanning it, talked about how it was in the habitable zone and that it has better readings then the original planet. Yet they don't give us any other information. They then proceed to just land on the planet without any sort of breathing apparatus, assume theres nothing in the fucking air (even if its oxygen, there could be anything in that fucking air), and then proceed to go all off on their own without any knowledge of what the fuck is out there, such as hostile creatures, terrain etc.

I understand they wouldn't have known this on the original planet (or did they? we don't fucking know cause they didn't give us any information), but any person with a brain would be cautious with these things no matter which planet looked good or not.

Yes that's another scene I was going to mention.

>yes I'll tell the captain that I've been studying these monsters and cross breeding them with experiments
>here come look at this alien pod that just opened, take a peek

she trusted David, who said its safe there, assuming androids don't lie

That would make sense if the script had David say something like "There are medical supplies down that direction...don't worry it's perfectly safe"

That doesn't happen. She just wanders a half mile away for literally no reason at all. To apply a bandage?

Not something you'd do after witnessing friends being torn apart, regardless of what a robot said.

>To apply a bandage?
Maybe she just want to be a lone and go to the toilet?

This is my problem with people defending these illogical behaviors.

They invent things that are not even in the movie just to try and shoe-horn sense into a scene that doesn't make any in the first place.

Must remember that one. Basically fixes every plot hole in every movie.

>maybe they wanted to go to the toilet

You're right about inventing things (Not that user) but she assumed David's lair or whatever you want to call it is perfectly safe. It's clear he's been there for a long fucking time and the distance from where they were on the field was pretty damn far. They walk through that "Gate" and then a long damn time before they get to a closed door area (Remember the Alien climbs the wall)

and that remembered me people who said that decaprio didn't have to die at the end of Titanic.. You know what James Cameron said to that kind of people? "Leonardo had to die because I wanted it.... "

She didn't scream, did she? I thought she was frozen and reaching for the gun, then it ripped her throat out.

These are both me, but I would say I agree with the oxygen mask part. It's funny because my biggest pet peeve from the film was that Walter wasn't given a fucking rifle.

He's an android. Perfect accuracy and perfect ammo conservation rate. The only thing I could think of was that androids (Because it's prior to Alien 1 still) had defects in them and weren't entirely safe

Yeah, as the shot changes to the exterior right after the Alien goes in for the kill, we hear a scream.

Ah, yeah I think that makes sense.
>In toilet, no one can hear you scream

Pretty damn far, especially in a place where it would echo. Also, why the fuck would David have a toilet? lul. And even if he did, there's no way people would object to shitting in front of others with all the shit that's been going on

i mean androids aren't "perfect," they're as limited as their body/programming makes them.. they're just artificial humans with SUPER high strung autism because they're bound by programming directives.. but they can't really adapt to situations, like if an android loses an arm it's plausible that they wouldn't be able to understand it if the contingency for losing an arm exactly like they had wasn't written into their programming

>David
not him be the old inhabitants of that city...

I'm Impressed you can recognize act breaks

Still, old inhabitants wouldn't have toilets either, that's something simply humans have. Most likely they would have a device where the fecal matter (If they shit at all) gets processed with soil and the urine (If they piss at all) gets processed for the phosphorous and used in plants. Come on man

It's gotten allot of hate but nearly every Ridley Scott film does, I loved it, thought it was grim, depressing and it was a diversion of expectations from the high-note Prometheus left on.
Will buy on blu-ray / 10