ITT: Rap artists that didn't start at the bottom

ITT: Rap artists that didn't start at the bottom

you start

at the bottom

Does anyone else find it funny that the only reason he got that record deal was his skin-tone was lighter in color?

Kanye West
Earl Sweatshirt

only from US ?

Drake has really fallen to irrelevancy

I feel like One Dance really exposed him and no one has liked him since

It's a good marketing move. I know a lot of white guys who got into hip-hop because of Drake. Otherwise they probably felt alienated by it.

Bitch, you better have my money
When I come for that shit like O.D.B

Are you sure?

>no one has liked him since

lmao, go watch a concert video. Crowds still go absolutely nuts for him

>video was posted in 2015

His One Dance performance on SNL was his end

Also his fascistic insistence on none of his music being on YouTube

is one dance realy a rap song? the OP said it: i think it's more a latino-pop song...

>US
Drake's autralian you fucking retard

was talkin about the groove, don't care where he came from

If you were born in the US you didn't start at the bottom

Lmao, how ignorant can one be?

I guess hopsin didn't start at the bottom

U mean Canadian dummy

he's french you fucking autist

that's what I say to you. come anywhere in south america and you'll see how hypocritical it is to rap about the struggle in those neigborhoods with huge fucking houses, technology everywhere, dollars being moved instead of the most worthless fucking currencies, decent food everywhere, literally free checks... fuck you.

Many black neighborhoods are crime ridden shitholes which prevents people from succeding in life. It's not africa-tier bad but you will almost definitively struggle if you're born into such an area

what are you talking about? he's Jamaican

He has a jew ancestry.

I'm with that other user. You seriously do not know what you are talking about, latinfag. Keep idealizing my country, which you clearly only know from what you see on TV.

>hurr durr my country isn't actually nice it's shitty like yours user!

allrighty then, I just don't get why you like to talk shit about your own nation

Lol, you have terrible reading comprehension. Are you even following your own conversation? You said:

>come anywhere in south america and you'll see how hypocritical it is to rap about the struggle in those neigborhoods with huge fucking houses, technology everywhere, dollars being moved instead of the most worthless fucking currencies, decent food everywhere, literally free checks... fuck you.

Now, you're a fucking idiot for saying that because you clearly don't know this country. Is the average person in Brazil worse off than the average American? Yes, but that is not even part of the conversation. You are claiming these rappers are hypocritical because there is no possible way they come from a background that is worse off than that of South Americans.

just stop posting and stop embarrassing yourself.

>You are claiming these rappers are hypocritical because there is no possible way they come from a background that is worse off than that of South Americans.

I stand by it. Like

>n-no I'm suffering more
>no I am
Fuck music

/thread

Okay...but now you're making a different point. Also, Drake isn't even American. He's Canadian and from Toronto and clearly came from a place of privilege.

>there are too many of you mfs getting off on saying your life was shit when it clearly wasn't.
mmm, I don't know user. The only ones I have heard talking about struggling clearly did struggle. Also, I think you are forgetting the unique place of the African American community in the US. You can be among "huge fucking houses, technology everywhere, dollars being moved instead of the most worthless fucking currencies, decent food everywhere, literally free checks" but that doesn't change anything if your home life is awful (absent parent, drugs etc.).

this explains that growing emo wigger trend perfectly

He grew up in Forest Hill, Toronto, Which in case you don't know, is one of the richest neighborhoods in Toronto. So he didn't start from the bottom.

source: I live in Toronto

Yeah. Also, more white people live side-by-side with poorer black people now. Although, most "emo wiggers" are just a product of the internet. They consume black art in their small white communities and proceed to appropriate it. Even Asians are doing this now, for example Rich Chigga. They're even more egregious. They have almost no communication with the black community and are entirely a product of the internet and social media.

what I meant is, it explains the growing emo wigger trend because everybody want to talk about their shitty life while living the most dreamlike fucking lifestyle you can think of, stuffed with drugs and entertainment and dopamine and shit.

this is literally why you are depressed en masse. thanks to your shitty music you are now unable to say thanks for your life and instead make it about the bad shit and everything you lack... you brainless idiots.

He's Puerto Rican you moron

So you know a lot of faggots