Me and my friend did acid awhile back him 16 me 18 he freaked out. Tried to kill me...

Me and my friend did acid awhile back him 16 me 18 he freaked out. Tried to kill me, my step dad intervened and he hopped my fence running down the street screaming. Then when the cops and ems came he beat up 3 ems people. Anyways im getting charged with abusement to a minor and possible prison time. I know i fucked up but what do i do this is all so much to take in

Dude, you are guilty. You shouldn't that drugs with minors. Cop a plea

Doing drugs with a dumb kid, your fault. That why I'd never do acid with anyone that hasn't don't it before.
But related, my friend is in the same situation, stole a bottle of fireball and sold it to a 13 year old. Kid drank the whole thing, went to school, had to get taken out on a stretcher and get his stomach pumped. Now my friend has been on the run for 8 months. Keeps getting picked up every once in a while on a warrant, spends 3 days in jail and a court date, and just keeps running. Good luck, get a lawyer and you'll be good fam.

Dude wanted to do it wayyy more than i did its bullshit cuz i just turned 18 if i was still 17 it wouldnt have mattered

Who bought it?

He gave me the money to get it

I do have a lawyer a real good one he knows my family personally

But you bought it and gave it to him. Are you seeing the gravity of this yet?

Well of course man im not retarded i just dont think i should be catching that big of a charge when hes literally just about to turn 17

take some acid right before the trial

Dude, you gave him a dangerous psychotropic drug that can leave him impaired for life

Yeah well he had done other psychadelics before so i figured he wouldve been alright and when someone nags you about doing it for as long as he did eventually i just said fuck it

How much did you say to the police other than "lawyer?"

Each and every word you say only further increases your chance of a conviction.

I gave dmt to a "friend" who i specifically counselled on its use including the contraindication to MAOi's.
>"no, no i dont take any prescriptions"

Well two of his friends who were twins were on MAOi and freaked the fuck out.

>cops come knocking.
>"lawyer"
>"lawyer"
>"lawyer"

D.A. eventually dropped it to child endangerment charges carrying 3 months probation. We insisted on going to court. Walked out with the county paying my court costs

I had no clue and i told them that some guy on the street gave it to us

OP: You shut the fuck up and say not shit to police or this "friend" of yours.

This is what you do, he came to your house already high and flipped his shit, you tried to calm him down and he took off running. Your word against his as long as you haven't fucked up and ran your mouth already.

Why didn't they charge you with distribution?

Like i said i told the police that someone gave it to us on the street. Im going to say that i was high though in court because i was also they went through my phone and saw my texts with him

You're fucked then. You made a willful admission of acquiring, possession, and distribution.

If your response had been to layer up then the only thing theyd have is some kids word against you. Nothing else.

You NEVER say anything to the police without advice from counsel.

They couldnt find any

You let them search your fucking phone!?!

NO FUCKING WAY! DUDE! YOU SERIOUSLY FUCKED UP!

It was either that or let them keep it which they wouldve found more shit

Then how are you responsible in the police's eyes, you aren't his parents you were a "victim" of this dealer too. You aren't responsible for him

ITT: OP has no fucking clue how to handle cops and drugs. Whoever gave YOU the acid was the real retard though they'll probably be fine because you didn't think to protect yourself at fuckin all.

Thats what happens when you give a fucking kid drugs. You're a literal retard who deserves what's coming. That being said, invest in a good lawyer. Like, no fucking shit. Don't settle for a public defender.
Also, stop talking to that friend, such a reaction indicates that he's really fucking stupid and weak willed, as a lot of teens are.

This I call bullshit, if they don't think you sold it to him then how are you to blame you are peers

I mean i did acid all the time at his age which i know doesnt make it better but still i feel as though the charge shouldnt be this big as we are relatively the same age

It was either that or ask for a warrant

Holy fuck you're dumb

SO FUCKING WHAT!?! So the keep your phone. Now you handed over evidence against you.

At least if you didnt give it to them your lawyer could motion for dismissal on evidenciary grounds or cause.

But NOOOO you just gave the police everything to convict you.

You're a D.A.s wet dream.

He was 18, as far as the cops are concerned OP was socially responsible for any kind of harm introduced to the minor. It's a stupid law at times since you could get in extra trouble for being the oldest person on a blunt in a circle but the story here is actually the sort of shit that's supposed to be prevented by it. First thing people need to know when they turn 18 is how much more trouble they can get into for the same shit they had always been doing.

It doesnt matter as long as the D.A. gets his "drug bust" quota for the month to keep suckling at the DEA funding tit for their police force

They need someone to point fingers at

I think you should go on the lam

Seriously. Talk to your lawyer and have him tell you every single way you fucked up this case for him. Ask him how much different it would have been if you would have shut your fucking mouth and let the cops take your cellphone.

I am kinda wondering what was the other shit on his cellphone that he was afraid they would've found if they kept it

Just conversations with dealers

Shit that would have probably never come up if you'd have lawyered up the moment they came knocking.

I'm with you there, psychadellics are unjustly classified. Has there been any testing done on the drugs you bought? I presume y'all consumed it all. Personally I've never heard of such a violent reaction, but acid carries a risk because it's not like batches are regulated in the slightest. How much did he take?
Like the other snobs have said, DO NOT TALK TO THE POLICE. They will try their hardest to fuck you over here.

We both took two tabs its been weeks since the incident im just waiting on my court date now

Rule #1 OP admit to nothing, rule #2 deny everything, rule #3 only words out of your mouth need to be I WANT A LAWYER...... Shit works fucking wonders if everyone involved abides by the rules

I know it's been said a million times already, but hire a lawyer asap before that date. I work in a criminal defense firm, and one thing I can tell you for sure, is that this is going to last for a long time, virtually nothing will happen during this first court date, and a lot of subsequent dates will be meetings with your lawyer and the prosecution. Don't expect a Jury trial.

I have a lawyer he said i need to start going to an outpatient program fpr drugs so it will look like im trying to get help when i go to court

If you're following rule #3 you can't deny anything anyways.

In fact, denial of an allegation can be just as detrimental to you as an admission.

>"no I didn't give them acid, i dont even have acid"
>cops tear apart your house and find that tab you forgot about tucked in your yearbook from three years ago.
>D.A. in court "is it true you told the police you didn't have any acid?"
>"yes"
>"then why is it the police found three tabs in your yearbook"

YAY now you got painted as a liar to a jury of 12 fucking morons who arent capable of a single critical thought amongst them.

OP im the one calling you out for being a moron with your handling of the police.

I've watched almost thousands of hours of those police and incestigative shows on court tv.

Every single fucking time they get the guy to talk they get a conviction.

Theres been like 6 times ive seen someone obviously guilty, who obviously did it, sometimes even practically getting CAUGHT IN THE ACT who immediately lawyered up. It cuts away to the cops freaking out. Theyre cursing and swearing, they pull out all the psy ops bullshit to try and convince him to talk and he just stays quiet until his layer shows up.

Those scenes always close out with "all charges were dropped"

>incestigative
Kek

This is good, basically try to make you out to be a victim to these drugs. Hard to say what will happen this early on, as each case is different, as is each state and county. If it's any consolation, even if this is a felony, you've got a decent chance of dismissal if your lawyer is good and your county is particular, if not at least avoiding jail or prison.

>you've got a decent chance of dismissal
Like fucking hell he does. He admitted to the cops he did it and gave them permission to search his phone.

The BEST case scenerio hes looking at in an ideal world is a pleaded down charge and 6 months probation with mandatory drug testing.

OP is doing at least two months in jail.

Stupid phone makes better jokes than I ever could.