So everyone is always saying how shit Sup Forums is but is there actually a better alternative? i.e...

So everyone is always saying how shit Sup Forums is but is there actually a better alternative? i.e. a better place to discuss music.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HWBFp5vDUBM&t
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no

music obsesses tend to be insufferable

Reddit is objectively better for discussing music. Everyone here just calls you a pleb with a frogman reaction image.

Agree.

Sad but true. Stay away from the big subs but smaller, more specific ones are fine. Though that's a pretty good rule of thumb for Reddit in general

Reddit is better for having discussions but the voting system contributes to more hive-mindedness than Sup Forums. I use Sup Forums for recommendations and reddit for discussion.

Enjoy your circle jerk and "muh smaller" subreddits (aka dead forums)

case in point

>dead forums
what are you talking about?

This , anyone with a brain knows that everything here has to be taken with a pinch of salt or just go along with the shitposts
Fuck off and listen to Mumford and sons

Smaller subreddits get like one post a day. It's nothing beyond link sharing, which defeats the purpose of being a forum at all

>
youtube.com/watch?v=HWBFp5vDUBM&t

BUT THENNN
Y AHORA QUE PAS?!

that's what almost all forums are like, you're talking as though Sup Forums has a normal post rate

Depends on the subreddit and what you consider "small". I consider

>one post a day
An exaggeration, but whatever.

You get hundreds of posts here a day but most about discussion are shitposts.

Hmm okay and you stay here, wading through your grimes, kpop, and lavern threads

Hey OP here, Milford and sons vs kpop sounds like a hard choice.

I have all those filtered though.
>not Listening to music exclusively in other languages
Stay goober

I always dislike anyone who wants to jump ship, instead of taking their responsibility for the well being of a board. Although I can understand why you would want to leave.

Also reddits format is too hack to deal with, and the point system just gives you even bigger self entitled douches. Well that sucks guess this is as good as music discussion gets :/

>I have all those filtered though.
No need to lie here, friendo

>being this insecure

Not him but some of us do yeah. This is actually old and I have a load more now

And in reply to the rest of the thread, I mean what do you guys really want out of a forum? And don't just say "A serious place where I can actually talk about music", give us some concrete ideas for threads and discussions.

It actually improves the experience a bit, but all I really cake about are new releases, leaks, and semi shit posting .

discord
:^)
real people in the park

>Reddit is objectively better for discussing music
worse by every margin, its self censorship as lesser known bands will never garner attention and saying the wrong thing at the wrong time will get you downvoted, silenced then banned if the mods dont like it. Reddit is trash

This , I actually listen to the bandcamp stuff shilled here

pleb

>defending a board where you have to have a filter list this long to make it bearable.

Sup Forums would be the best place to discuss music if not for all the faggots on it

At least I pick what garbage I want to see .

real life

mega wrong

You're all retarded. All I have ever seen on that hell-hole is half baked theories about the TRUE meaning of a DEEP album, that is almost always baked down to "the life and death of a relationship." Hardly anyone there has a fucking clue about what they're listening, recommends things that have literally 0 fucking similarities, and pushes their pants on head retarded theories about albums without ever listening to what the album/song is explicitly about.

I want to be able to talk about music and opinions about music, without the chain replies of two angry users, the stale memes and 1 sentence outcries. I want to learn from the discussion. I want to talk about the connections with other artforms.

Maybe if you actually put some effort into a post instead of this half ass thread you could get that . Try rym then

yes

will i tell Sup Forums about it so you can all ruin it?
no

This place at least separates music from identity in some small way. Everywhere else in the world people just completely immerse themselves in genres as a subculture. I think the ability to move past that, like SOME of us do here, is a prerequisite of real discussion.

Steve Hoffman Music Corner

look at this pleb

Sputnik and let's talk music, aoty are shit

not talking about any of those

Those guitar oldfag forums are shit too. Hold up let me pull up my list of the music places I've found

t. pleb

not what im talking about

>implying that the opposite occurs here

>t.
do you even know what that means?

Have you been in any of the Fleet Foxes threads on here, my dude? Or the Planetarium "I'm gonna quote the lyrics in all caps" ones?

Where's the difference

terveisin

now fuck off back to

There is literally nothing wrong with RYM

This, I I've only been to their discussion section once and clicked on a new age music one , and they have some shit I never heard of or at least thought it was someone else

ilxor

this is true. The Burial subreddit is alive and kicking and I fucking love it

>The Burial subreddit
die lmao

It does happen here, admittedly. But here it can be more easily written off as shitposting and irony without having to give it the time of day. On Reddit it gets upboats ;)