Why are cooking shows dying?

Why are cooking shows dying?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R_2BHP7Lq-s
youtube.com/watch?v=TP2kzgdQRzM
youtu.be/dNJdJIwCF_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=MS7a58fN74c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Networks are afraid to put somebody on who will really shake up the medium and change the way people see, cook, and eat food.

That's why people like Jack will never move beyond small endorsements. They're honestly just ahead of the time.

Youtube really shook the industry up

review channels are thriving

because the internet exists

same reason why SNL is dead

Jack's a stupid faggot, go to bed you fat fucking cuck

>insulting Jacques

Right, go back to watching Gordon or Rachael Ray make the same recipes you've seen a million times over and over and over again.

People are actually inventing and pioneering new foods, and instead you'd rather throw insults.

>letting it slap down on the pan like that
>in that direction
FUCK OFF JACK YOU ABSOLUTE CUNT

>takes the time to awkwardly angle the meat at the camera for 5 seconds
>doesn't take the time to lay it down gently instead of fucking slapping it down with such force a tsunami of hot oil washes over him

what did he mean by this

Jack is the embodiment of fat slovenly stupid America.

They moved to Youtube.

Do you want some chicken for dinner, user?

jooci

this whole video was him cooking chicken in a bag at high temperatures wasn't it? Not Sous vide but cooking it normally in an oven but bagging it in plastic aswell right? fucking twat

because who the fuck wants to sit around watching food you can't taste or even smell

what the FUCK was his fucking problem?

inspiration to cook fampai. Its very soothing and rewarding when you get it bang on

please post more jack webms

i love them so much

you guys shouldnt be mad that hes dropping a steak and splashing oil, get mad that hes frying a steak in a barely warm teflon.

youtube.com/watch?v=R_2BHP7Lq-s

Katering Show is best cooking show. Also probably the only good thing to come out of Australia.

it bothers me how he doesn't unwrap the cheese but it also bothers me (in every video) how all his food just looks cheap, maybe its the lighting, but it always looks cheap

christ

>it's a Jack forces his son to be in the video and taste test his food episode

oh so this guy is actually retarded then ?

because Masterchef went too far and Youtube killed off the small cooking shows that you only really see on daytime TV

>Asstralian accent
>women with high pitched voices

i'll have to pass

>ywn cum in kelsey's good eye and force her to agree that it is an essential ingredient to her life.

>putting steak into cold oil

No wonder all his knifes are so fucking dull. Seriously this guy is a bonafide mental retard.

Are you guys talking shit about Jack "Raw enough to bleed, raw enough to eat" MasterChef again?

>shallow fry
>forget to turn on stove

>consistently has cold oil when cooking
>believes he's fit to instruct people on matters of cooking

just doesn't wanna get burned m8

Some post the vid of him dropping shit into a few inches of oil

I can't believe this guy hasnt hurt himself pretty badly yet

the food network has become a perverse portrayal of degeneracy that rivals ancient greek or rome and a distributor of uselessness in relation to the content the channel is dedicated too

i mean every show is 1 of 2 things.

its either a bunch of rich television hosts drinking on the job, making sexual innuendos in relation to their appetite for food, leaning their heads back in alcohol induced laughter toward their sexual jokes regarding their appetite for food, with ego centric chefs who aren't even that talented having the nerve to boast endlessly etc etc

then you got the actually cooking shows that have become a joke, catering to the unoriginal house wife, who attempts to be a chef at home, her best idea is to cut up some onion and cilantro, only to put it into some off the shelf nacho cheese sauce...that she proceeds to smother over some hyper expensive cut of meat

the foodnetwork has become a serious trigger for me for some reason. im not a saint or anything, i too used be a degenerate, still am in more ways then im probably aware of, but to see the channel blatantly transition into what it is now....its amazing

>doesn't realise that if you place it in the pan rather than drop, it barely burns
>this man makes cooking videos with thousands of subscribers
youtube.com/watch?v=TP2kzgdQRzM

this man

>cutting yourself on the same hand that you're holding the knife with

that takes a level of autism I didn't know was possible

what how did he manage to cut himself

>all those knives right there
>uses the wrong one to deskin a fish
>doesn't cut the fish up first with a butchers knife
>taking off the skin regardless

I'm still not sure how he does this

what the fug,

someone post a channel link please

hes holding the knife upside down like an idiot and flicks his thump up

cooking with jack. google it you lazy shit

>cuts his finger
>decides not to make fish
>now he wouldn't choke on a splinter he left in it

Some god really loves him

FUCK I just want him to die. I have a perfectly good saw here. I could saw his burned spoon and then saw his fucking head off.

But why does his thumb contact the edge blade in the first place? Even if you're doing a pinch grip you'd be pinching on the side of the blade, not the edge. Is he just that big of a moron?

Coming from Sup Forums I'd say the comparison to DarksydePhil was funny at first but now it would be an insult to DSP. At least DSP can beat hard games with enough tries, he'll learn from his mistakes, listen to his crowd and win in the end.
This guy just has no idea of what he's doing wrong

>he'll learn from his mistakes, listen to his crowd and win in the end.

bullshit

The guy spent 20+ minutes trying to figure out how to crouch jump in black mesa until someone in chat finally told him how to do it

I bet you're a lot of fun at parties

>At least DSP can beat hard games with enough tries
remember when he claimed to have ground his way to level 90 in Demon's Souls

I have never used shake and bake but remembering from my youth I beleive you do bake it in the bag.

Because of youtube

May be dying in America user, cooking shows are still big in the UK.

>steak in oil
what the fuck kind of mickey mouse operation is this.

i see your shame, user.

Meme answers aside the real reason is that our culture simply does not care for food as an art anymore. Rather than food as an art in it's own right, they use food as a medium for other forms of art.

It is the same reason the days of family cookbooks are long gone. Now the youth watch buzzfeed 1 minutes clips and spend their effort making the cake look like a pretty pastel colored flower, rather than spending that time perfecting the cake itself.

The majority of those that still pay attention to food itself are meme dieters like vegans, and people like /fit/, but they are all usually so restricted in their diets that you would run out of things to make on your show 4 times as fast as a regular person.

The last remaining percent, those that still appreciate food in an aristocratic sort of way are the same type that would probably never watch such a show in the first place.

Another factor is fatigue. There are only so many dishes one can make, and after hundreds of cooking shows and watching the same recipes over and over. What is the point of watching anymore? That is why shows like overly dramatized cooking competitions and Bizarre Foods have taken over.

>tl;dr cooking shows will never make a comeback. Cooking itself is a dead art in the west. Expect more "hamburger food truck derby competition" type shows in the future

This.

Cooking oil is running out. We've simply drained all the underground reserves. There's none left.

He cut himself on the fishes tail, shit is sometimes spiky.

nope. its has he picks up his knife to start cutting again. He literally puts his thumb on to the blade

Oh wow, I see now, what a fucking idiot.

PEAK OLIVE OIL WHEN?

absolutely everything is wrong in this webm
this webm should teach people how NOT to cook

What's your favourite method of activating almonds?

Personally I like to use a little tobasco. Not too much mind.

Not making pancakes flat should be punishable by death as well

you know this is an advert right?

Do you even know what activated means? Pleb.

Thank you captain obvious, I bet you didn't watch the whole thing either

It's a Lurpak ad spliced with clips from Jack's channel, you doofus

Are you questioning my culinary skills?

I'll have you know son I was activating almonds before you were even old enough to prepare a Rustlers burger.

How is it even possible to have such thick pancakes?

Mold. I have no idea how you would get enough heat to cook them inside without burning the crust to charcoal, though.

Not sure if retard

>That oil

Fuck man, is he deep frying the steak?

But only the top and presumably the bottom is browned. If it was a mold the whole exterior would be browned.

Possibly using a rice cooker.

Can a kind user link me the source?

No, rice cooker pancakes have distinct texture and appearance.

>Mold
Ewww, fucking disgusting

Didn't notice until 25 seconds in...

Fuck I'm retarded.

You didnt realize Jack was in the video until Jack was in the video?

I'm guessing he meant yeast.
Yeast is God's greatest invention desu.

youtu.be/dNJdJIwCF_Y

millenial bullshit

yeah i don't know if you should link that here

>that webm

Is this considered art these days? Fucking degenerate piece of shit

I don't understand this meme

>1:40
>nominated for Academy Award
What the fuck? That looked like it took a day to make.

who /chefs table/ here

>its a Jack shaved his hair on only his right arm episode
youtube.com/watch?v=MS7a58fN74c

cuz there's some jackoff, overpaid Head-of-Programing at Food Network who thinks 12 hour blocks of Diners Drive-ins and Dines is going to save the network

Seriously though, what the fuck happened to cable?? Networks like Food Network, MTV, Sci Fi, Nickelodeon, who were all giants in the 90's, are now just withered up husks of their former selves... remember when Discovery actually showed nature programs instead of reality shows??

I miss UK Hells kitchen with Marco Pierre White. No stupid sound effects just minor celebs being trained by a professional to complete a proper restaurant service. Been watching the Marco episodes of Masterchef Australia for my fix but it's not enough.