Fort McMurray Wildfore Moving Towards Saskatchewan Border

Jesus fuck.

cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/fort-mcmurray-wildfire-saturday-1.3571678

news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/fort-mcmurray-fire-now-too-large-too-fierce-to-stop-without-rain

theglobeandmail.com/news/the-fort-mcmurray-disaster-read-the-latest-on-the-fire-the-response-and-theevacuees/article29930041/

Other urls found in this thread:

calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/we-understand-what-theyre-feeling-syrian-refugees-in-calgary-step-up-to-help-fort-mcmurray-fire-evacuees
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

And nothing of value was lost (because there's bugger-all of interest except trees on the Alberta-Saskatchewan border).

NO ONE OUTSIDE OF ALBERTA CARES

Seriously. What did we lose? A bunch of houses belonging to dirty uneducated oil riggers and drug dealers?

Fort Mac is a shithole that should have been wiped out years ago. I love seeing the convoy of lifted F-250's driving back to Mom's house in Ontario. Fucking stupid people with no degrees thought oil rig jobs would last forever.

Just an hero pls and save the trouble.

So the ENTIRE city got covered? From the downtown areas to the residential areas?

Pics from burned out downtown where?

Plenty of freshly cleared land to build refugee camps on, you fucking cucks.

Nah, people go ballistic over something that is virtually irrelevant. It's 850 sqkm now and 99.999% is random forest that will be regrown in 3 years. It's a natural cycle of forestation and regrowth that retarded CBC news and others don't realize.

The only thing I wish was natural was wiping out the whole provide of Alfagda and replacing it with a barren landscape we can shoot guns in without the retarded "westerners" (btw - not even westerners, alberta is middle of the country losers)

Downtown was saved.

But the residential areas around it weren't.

Its no wonder that Canada is burning.
These firefigthers are just lazying and sleeping in grass, while theyre "protecting" houses from fire somewhere their bosses cant see.

See how lazy they are, sleeping in middle of day and dont give a fuck.

Canada deserves to burn.

They'll just come back here and build all the fucking houses popping up everywhere because of chinese shadow investors driving up the prices. In the meanwhile a university grad with any STEM degree would be lucky to get a job serving coffee for minimum wage.

>downtown core where all the money and businesses are was saved
>but the average joe prole lost everything

I'm not even fucking surprised.

You must be a nigger if you think they should have saved some trashy houses instead of million dollars worth of stores.

they are literally welfare scum

The people living in those houses drive the economy, not the stores.

You got the cart in front of the horse. Without those people, there's nobody to sell to, nobody to work the till.

Workers are more important than capital/assets.

>we're literally watching Canada burn
And they said I was crazy.

this is fucking beautiful

fuck you, faggot.

you know, in america, our firefighters are known for literally nonstop fighing fire until they drop from exhaustion or die. firefighters have literally fought fires for over 140 hours continually, non stop, like madmen.

maybe they had something worth fighting for, leaf.

Piece of repeating shit.

Wildland firefighter can confirm. Did 3 different sets of 140 hour weeks in the woods last year on Okanogan. Was hell but I sure do like the house I bought from that paycheck. Night shifts are no goddamn joke. After day 3 your brain plays dirty ass tricks on you and well, things get weird for everybody.

Most houses in the mac are less than 10 years old and go for $400-$500,000
A 4 bedroom rents for $3000 a month because the fucks who build them make $10,000 a month after OT

thanks for doing that.

Ye, thats why the firefighters are actually those, who light the fires, so they can get higher paychecks.

It is known.

We have it pretty good don't we? :^)

>Uneducated
Canadian traded are very skilled. Apparently your just jealous of their oilbucks

When did Canadians start acting like Americans?

I'd like to thank Canada again for helping exxon to hit a 52 week high stock price next week.

Couldn't have done it without you!

there's fucking muhammeds in ft mac? figures they're complaining about the the free shit they're getting, is it inm their fucking blood or something?

The only reason they came to leafland is gibmedats, they fucking despise everything white including the government and don't pay taxes.

What happened to the oil refinery south-east of Anzac?

t. Toronto

The rest of Ontario hates you faggot

Any livecams or feeds for this happenings?

I just want to see crying canadians.

Would you shut the fuck up already. You're in every Alberta fire thread cuck. We get it. An Albertan fucked your mom

At this point, it's not going to stop until you get rain, or it literally runs out of combustables.

Better to just get people out of the way of the burn lines (if there are any) and unless it's going to roll over something like a toxic waste dump, leave it to eventually hit a shoreline or something else that won't burn.

ANTHROPOGENIC CATASTROPHIC CO2 GLOBAL WARMING CLIMATE CHANGE IS HAPPENING NOW!!!!

THE UN WAS RIGHT. DENIERS NEED TO BE BROUGHT TO JUSTICE NOW!!!

BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE TO SAVE THE PLANET!!!

Fuck man after 3 days you are classified insane. I've done 100 hours no sleep and I was hallucinating like a mother fucker.

Please god if you are reading this. Please let the forest fire spread to winnipeg and kill off all the indians who are bankrupting this province. Make manitoba great again.

This is why the rest of Canada outside the SJW cities want Toronto to get nuked.

I hope one day something happens in Toronto that requires an evac, I want to watch you fuckers kill each other.

This fire starting spontaneously due to dramatic rise in global temperatures.

Weaponized smallpox on black friday!

So if all the land is dry, why not water it?

Or why not cut it down?

Do they supply cocaine to all firefighters?

They are city firefighters who came from surrounding areas, you cant just throw manpower at a fire and expect to win, fighting fires takes strategy and planning, those guys are where they are supposed to be.

Damn good thing you quit amphetamines this week.

500,000 acres.

That a lot of woods burning.

THEY NEED TO START BY UNDENYING AND CUTTING BACK ON GREEN HOUSE GASSES!!!

>This fire starting spontaneously due to dramatic rise in global temperatures.

AND DON'T FORGET GRAVITATIONAL LENSING!!!

Lol it actually wasn't as bad as you would imagine, we have guy collapse while standing straight 100% asleep but we slam some redline energy drinks(they are the best) and keep going

The Southern edge of the fire is expected to make it's way to the southern portion of the Suncor site, it is not expected to be much of a threat to the site due to the lack of vegetation and the sites highly trained industrial fire fighters.

The fire that crossed the border from BC has prompted a voluntary evacuation in Clear Hills County, AB.

>redline energy drinks(they are the best)

You obviously know nothing about meth.

your a dorable

Though many crews do engage in the use of narcotics our crew is very reputable and we like to keep it that way

>Environmentalists all cheering that a giant fire is burning the place away because muh climate change
>A gigantic fire
>Environmentalists cheering on climate change

In West Virgina they now sell energy drinks with meth.

So you're basically an outsider and your "crew' shuns you as a pariah.

I see why you're here on Sup Forums now.

Redpill me on why this fire won't wipe out north America

What's stopping it?

Havent we developed ways to stop forest fires? You would think we would be smart enough to develop a system to intercept a fires path and mother the flames.

Hell yea

>(btw - not even westerners, alberta is middle of the country losers)

That's not geographically correct. Canada is about 5,400km across from west to east. The mid-way point is almost exactly at the Manitoba-Ontario border.

There's a guy predicting that the wind will shift south and east tomorrow lighting up sasquatchewan.

All weather events, geologic catastrophes and fires are from this day forward a result of catastrophic global apocalyptic anthropogenic CO2 man-caused disasters.

Get that through your head, you disgusting climate change denier.

Actually, if you get really windy days for a week, it would spread so far and wide, it would be seriously devastating to Canada.

Juust imagine all those Canadian refugees flogging to USA.

Golden Horseshoe raised, can confirm for truth.

Nothing is worse than Toronto arrogance. Especially when they think it's the centre of the universe, having never travelled elsewhere to see how shitty the place is.

Fuck Toronto.

This

Heh. Closest town to Fort McMurray on the Saskatchewan side is La Loche. It'd be real bad luck for the town to get hit by a forest fire just after what happened.

With their disgusting syrupy ways and their inability to pronounce certain combinations of vowels . . .

Please help im on fire.

what if it starts spreading across the border, then to Central and South America, then a big ship just leaving port catches fire and that ships eventually docks in Europe and then that catches fire too just when they are launching a space rocket, which as luck would have it, also catches fire and eventually lands and burns up the moon, which then falls down on to Israel.

Wat
What are you getting at

So you're saying.....we need a wall?

We've got ways of making you pronounce the letter 'O'...

requesting 1920x1080 version

>What are you getting at

yer mom's butt

Guy was arrested making homemade energy drinks with meth.

Thanks to all you assholes for being dicks about this shit to the residents of this place. I swear, fucking Americans are complete assholes sometimes.

Not nice
Epic

choice meme, friend

t. a dude who didn't expect to be moving to edmonton so promptly

Also I thought environmentalists were about saving the trees!

Don't take it seriously, it's just banter.

Black people are afraid of trees so the trees must go

That the best I could do, sorry user.

Would need to make a formal request to the RCMP-alberta for a bigger one.

Dem trees be opreesin muh black bruthus an sistas!

Thank u

Kill yourself, centre of the universe.
If it wasn't for Alberta, you'd be in a third world shit hole.

This is punishment from God for electing a feminist as PM, and the NDP in Alberta.

Alright which dingus busted the grill on the truck

Hey just got back from Fort Mac.

Do they not do controlled burns in Canada? Cut fire trails through the forests? Artificial dams to pump water from?

Like, what the fuck are you idiots doing??

>Tries to make fun of someone for calling others uneducated
>Uses the wrong "your"

The only qualification you need to be a rig pig is a pulse. Fort Mac was a dump full of meth heads and other degenerate drug addicts.

I-is that a rainbow flag on that truck?

RIP Albertabros

Controlled burns and fire trails are a no-no in Canada.

Why can't Trudeau put the Muslims to work putting this out? I live in the States and I can barely breathe outside when it's perfect for open window temp. That and it's so godamn hazy. Smells like burnt shit too.

The dense woods are dried out and the wind is blowing flaming bits across firebreaks

Breathing in all dat weed smoke

you're dumb

this has nothing to do with what they could/should have saved, the houses were on the outskirts of town and they were caught off guard by immediate winds and houses were burning down WHILE people were evacuating.

the downtown core was down a hill, substantially away from the houses that were burning. as an aside, one of the first areas to get evacuated was Gregoire, a business district that contained more valuable information and fort mac infrastructure than any of the shit-ass downtown retail stores.

now people are saying "sure, the sites will be operational long before the city is" but that's just bullshit. the city provides so much important infrastructure for the sites, it's not even funny. when trucks break down, Guthrie and Mobster won't be there for fleet maintenance. when big rigs at Suncor carve out their hydraulics because of a grease leak, suddenly you don't have Fort McMurray Machining to do repairs. You don't have Culligan or WPS to deliver water. you don't have the local Acklands Grainger to provide supplies to 90% of the shit out at site. you don't have Keyano College to do most of the site safety training. how the FUCK are sites supposed to operate? nothing is working. nobody is living there. EVERYTHING is shut down.

fort mac is going to be a ghost town for a long time and I wouldn't be surprised if the $CDN reflects that.

calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/we-understand-what-theyre-feeling-syrian-refugees-in-calgary-step-up-to-help-fort-mcmurray-fire-evacuees

The rest of Canada, you mean.
Please drop a nuke on Toronto. Please.

The libtard enviromentalists from Toronto prevented that from happening

I live in Edmonton, and the skies are clear and can't smell any smoke. You're full of shit.

Lord Kek is punishing you for weedman