/180/: 2017 WILLIAM HILL WORLD DARTS CHAMPIONSHIP DAY 13

It's last eight time at the Ally Pally with only two of the World's Top 8 failing to make it: #5 Adrian Lewis has fell off a P&O ferry into the North Sea and #8 Mensur Suljovic has restarted his quest to REMOVE KEBAB.

Our first quarter final is a methodically paced battle between panto's Peter Wright and bipolar disorder's James Wade. While Wright has been racing up the 100+ averages, including a 103 last night in his match with Ian White, Wade has been going about his business in typical Wade fashion, with his comeback from 3-1 down against Michael Smith The Machine's scoring will have to be consistently strong otherwise he'll get bitten by Snakebite. Reigning back-to-back champion Gary Anderson then ups the tempo against simple Dave Chisnall; in typical game raiser fashion, Gando has been brutal at the Worlds, his 108 average in his L16 blitz of Benito van de Pas his high point. For Chizzy, he got past a misfiring Jelle Klaasen despite not being at his free scoring best either. Consistency has always been the dim one's issue and he'll have to sort it out if he's to end Gary's threepeat attempt.

Number 1 seed Michael van Gerwen starts the evening against rank outsider Daryl Gurney. With the crowd most likely still against him after his downright embarrassing antics against Mark Webster, Superchin will have to do something miraculous to defeat MVG, whose match with Darren Webster saw him average a now-routine 104. The big clash of the round sees the sport's elders go at it again with Phil Taylor and Rymond van Barneveld. After seeing off the over-celebrating Kim Huybrechts, Pheel will surely want revenge after Barney dumped out Aidey. The fact Philth seemed to decline the longer his L16 match went on may be of use to Barney, whose endurance was one of the key factors in his Round 3 win. But you can never count the groper out until that last dart goes in.

Coverage starts at 1:00pm UK time on Sky Sports Darts (SS3).

Other urls found in this thread:

pdc.tv/news/article/82gsvntz6y6j1haaej5m2uu5d/title/william-hill-world-championship-day-12
pastebin.com/Xn1neXVN
twitter.com/TheAsset180/status/814409267642040320
twitter.com/Chris180Mason/status/814067039954497536
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Today's matches (1:00pm start, best of 9 sets)
James "The Meds Are Back In Town" Wade (6) v Snakeshite (3)
Gary "Big Game Counter" Anderson (2) v Chizzy (7)

>Tonight's matches (7:00pm start, best of 9 sets)
MvGOAuTism (1) v Daryl "Sweet C4-line" Gurney (24)
Taylel (4) v Barney (12)

>Day 12 roundup
pdc.tv/news/article/82gsvntz6y6j1haaej5m2uu5d/title/william-hill-world-championship-day-12

>New to /180/? Have our starter pack so you can get in on the action!
pastebin.com/Xn1neXVN

As a final tribute to the antics of the 5'4" Norfolk inbred Darren Webster over the past few months, this was the social media image the PDC used for last night's match against Autism.

howling

Despite the stunning afternoon lineup, I'd be very surprised if the outcome was something else than Clown and Gando advancing.

Strong kek!

Who here buys Pheel's claim that he won't be entering any events he hasn't automatically qualified for in 2017?

I love this sport. its hilarious

He says similar things every year I think, still waiting for him to follow through

They need to make darts power pods like they did with the footballers in the 90's.

The only ones he would automatically qualify for following the Worlds, assuming he does nothing on the floor at all:

>The Masters
>Premier League
>World Matchplay
>Champions League
>World Grand Prix
>2018 Worlds

You just know the slimy fucker won't follow through with his claim though.

Wade 5-4 Wright
Anderson 5-3 Chisnall
van Gerwen 5-0 Gurney
Taylor 5-2 van Barneveld

So hyped for these matches today. What a great day of darts.

On the other side of darts, an interesting choice for pundit for Channel 4's Lakeside coverage: twitter.com/TheAsset180/status/814409267642040320

>Very much looking forward to working with @JohnRawling @JimProudfoot @robwalkertv at @LakesideSurrey this coming January. @Channel4

Quite how Rob Walker is still being chosen for this is anyone's guess, but never been a BDO player and mental breakdown expert Paul Nicholson?

For BT Sport this year, they've got Chris Mason involved. The Real Hammer has just left hospital after falling down some stairs and breaking one of his fingers. No, really: twitter.com/Chris180Mason/status/814067039954497536

Superb news

Should be Taylor in the afternoon

>Taylor v Barney at the Worlds
>ever being an afternoon session match

They're way past it

But I get it for money/viewer reasons

predictions lads?

And we're on now.

It's go time

Gurney wade final

Clown, Gando, Autism, Philth. Sorry, no surprises there. Still hope Barney can do it though.

Wright 5-3 Wade
Gaz 5-2 Chizzy

Mvg 5-0 Gurney
Taylor 5-4 Barney

Wright is unironically my favourite player and want him to win the worlds

anyone got a good acestream link?

I'm ok with this, if only for the lulz.

found it myself, ba9b7383c50ba5e8cfeb50c4064fd285952a42db for anyone interested

Fuck off Benito

He went out on Wednesday.

>wright winning a major

the lesbian will win another, it's a sure thing

The only way Wright will win a major is if he doesn't play MVG in the final.

But that would mean he hasn't actually won it. The only way to truly convince erveryone is to win a major and to personally switch off the green machine in the course of this.

BONKERS

haha he jump side to side haha

wtf is Wright pointing at

>muh door
>muh wind
oh boy here we go again

Quick fact: buntings downfall in the pdc started the moment peter wright got him to dance on stage

Wade opened it hehe

BORING
BORING
TABLES

Is darts the most excuse filled sport?

They keep calling Taylor-RvB "El Clasico" ...

The absolute state of the pdc. None of this nonsense at the lakeside

No, every sport is like this.

Nah, it was when Barney did that pocketing promo on this very stage two years ago.

If your name is mervin king or van de vort

Does anyone else fantasize about the lighting rigging coming loose and falling onto the tables?

Plus the change of his darts from those 12g ones he used to whatever shit Target want him to push.

I like it when they chant "Boring Boring Tables"

I also like it when they chant "Stand Up If You Love The Darts"

I especially like that "Yaya Kolo" chant of theirs.

And "Stand Up If You Love The Darts" definitely deserves a mention.

When they sing "Heyyyyyy, heyyyy baby... Oooh, aaah... I wanna knowwwww... If you'll be my girl", I have to admit I have welled up a few times.

And now you mention it, that "Yaya Kolo" chant truly is different class

I also truly don't hear that "Boring Boring Tables" chant often enough

But my favourite would probably have to be "Stand Up If You Love The Darts"

Is the aim of this to be as repetitive as the chants themselves by posting it in every thread?

Truly deepest lore

NOW WEIR PLAYIN'
>DOTS

It's like poetry.

>both players wearing red trousers

sessions

We have these montages where players talk about a specific player.

Chisnall: I never got along with James Wade. He would always insult me when I was playing or practicing. /sadface
But he's nicer now.

Poor guy

Thanks senpai

>get the guitar gareth

>wade's face at that 5

lel

How does wright change his hair colour every day? Is it all just paint that washes out?

>Picking on Chisnall
That's cheap. He should try that with Taylel if he has the balls for that.

So so good based brits

His wife does it:

>She spends two hours before every big game giving her man a new trim and, crucially, a new colour. And the piece de resistance is always a snake painted on to the side of his head.

yeah, his wife is a hairdresser I think

Impressive †bh, his hair must be more synthetic than cells at this point though with all those chemical changes every day.

wade looks like some fat bloke in an office trying to decide which 3 chocolates to get out of the vending machine

Wade definitely the kind of guy to write "stay out of trouble :)" in some co-worker 20 years younger than him's leaving card.

More than that, it must be a major distraction to have 2 hours of hairstyling in addition to the practicing hours every second day or so during the last tournament stages.

Yeah, Wright's hair has been completely killed by it.

On the other hand, sportsmen are superstitious as fuck and love their rituals.

Dutch reporter asked him if it was more annoying now that he had to play in the afternoon and wake up early.

"Yes, but we created a monster and have to stick with it"

>hi, user

>Wade stealing the set
classic

clutch wade

Clutch Wadey. didn't threaten all the time, but stole one when it mattered.

THAT CLASSIC WADE

>clownman

that was interesting, the crowd were actually just watching the darts

What was he trying to say here

Wright looking worse and worse every game to be honest. Neither of these 2 will win playing like this.

>nice game mate, don't you think?
>set break
>"157 pints of beer please"
>???
>KOLO KOLO KOLO...

The fact he couldn't whitewash an Ian White who was playing his worst darts in years says a lot.

>That comfy feeling that there are no Englando's left in the tournament after today

But Wade/Wright has a guaranteed Englishman in the semis.

Durch nationalism on the rise.

Wright is being Wade'd.

Fluffing his finishes like a bitch now.

>Chizzt beating Gando
C'mon mate

wright is an ethnic scotcuck

>doubting the chizzler

*dutch

>snakeshite

n-nine?

Nasty 10-dart-break from Clown.

World class.

>that D18 attempt

>that D10 attempt from Wade

>Wade missing clutch D10
Fucking impostor.

Wait: that D10 attempt was even worse.

How much do you reckon a 5-pint pitcher is at the World's? £30?

Has there really been no nine darters yet?
All these supposed world class players and those enormous treble beds and not a single perfect leg yet?

Hmm...