Why is this such a fucking mess?

Why is this such a fucking mess?

>tons of pointless shit added that wasn't in the previous movie, pirate lords, 9 pieces of 8, sea goddess Calypso
>Jack Sparrow zaniness turned up into 11 (that entire davy jones locker sequence)
>Traveling across the entire world like it's nothing
>Davy Jones is a whiny bitch and kills the kraken for no good reason
>Teasing us with big naval battle but yet again it's only 1 v 1 ship battle
>3 goddamn hours long

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt1298650/?ref_=nv_sr_3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

U mad

They ran out of material after the first movie but insisted on dragging this shit out for four movies. At the point this was made I'm sure they were struggling to come up with ideas.

i dunno, i kind of liked it

because they went all in on the supernatural shit when know one really cared about it in the first place.

I don't give a shit I loved it and I always will ;_;

What's even weirder is that they supposedly shot both the second and third movie at the same time, yet it feels like they made up the plot as they went along

I actually liked all three.

what about the fourth?

The series topped with the second one. Third one is literally "everyone backstabs everyone every two seconds". Still an ok movie, but they could have done much better.

What fourth? There are only three.

And yet On Stranger Tides was worse than it.

the only good part of that movie was Barbossa

Geoffrey Rush carried it so hard. I hardly remember what happened in it.

Ian McShane was wasted too.

Does it? Because 2 is massively referential of 3.

I enjoyed it.

I don't get why it's so hated. It's about on par with 2-3 I thought.

Not great or anything, but watchable.

Is the curse of the black peal top-tier comfy?

the fourth one comes out in 2017, hopefully it will be good

>What fourth? There are only three.
Eh no. There are four of them: imdb.com/title/tt1298650/?ref_=nv_sr_3

did the Curse of the Black Pearl invent the fun but dramatic style that marvel uses?

Ok so if the Pirate Lords or whatever have their super special pieces of MacGuffin and they're apparently retardedly protective of them to the point where you need to pass yours down to an heir if you die, why was Jack so cool with just killing Barbossa and leaving his MacGuffin to be lost on a deserted island that no one can find? Why was Barbossa cool with doing the same to Jack, was he going to take Jack's MacGuffin? I mean yeah, Barbossa's turned out to be the dude's wooden eye, but did that make wooden eye dude the successor? Did Jack know what his MacGuffin was? How the fuck was Jack a pirate LORD and yet people had barely heard of him? Were he and Barbossa both pirate lords when they were crewing the Black Pearl in the past? Why didn't Barbossa have his own ship? The pirate lords seem to be divided by region, why were there two in the Caribbean on the same fucking ship? Who's in charge here? What's going on? This pirate lord thing has fucked with my brain since this movie came out. At least Keira Knightley was hot in it.

I really hated it als a Kind mostly because it envolved everybody backstabing everybody but after rewatching all three of it I realised that this had always been part of the franchise

Good question.
It defnietly made the whole "let's have our heroes be smart and witty" Mainstream

>Main plot should've been the crew finding Jack, with Davy Jones and the Navy following closely behind
>They don't find him until 3/4 of the way through
>Jack should've been in Davy Jones' Locker for at LEAST half the film, with his own subplot
>The locker itself should've been way more than what we got
>Kraken is still alive, or at least as an illusion in the locker
>No pirate lords, no Calypso
>Final battle is between the Flying Dutchman and the Black Pearl, with reluctant support from the Navy (you could even add that whirlpool if you want)
>1 on 1 swordfight between Jack and Davy Jones similar to the movie we got.
>Will Turner either dies for good or says farewell with Eizabeth
>Barbossa becomes the new Flying Dutchman captain, not Will.
>Ends with Jack and Barbossa sailing side by side as allies

Because nothing big happens in it

it feels really small and uneventful compared to the first three

It doesn't Even have a Naval battle and the final confrontation is s joke

I kinda liked that. After 3 anything more small scale and centered felt like a nice breath of fresh air.

Sort of a bit like the series going back to it's adventure movie roots rather than trying to be some sort of wannabee Hollywood epic.

but there wasn't any adventure either

You can have smaller plots but at least make it exciting

They should have made most of the movie trying to go through a giant Maya temple full of mazes and traps

instead of walking through a jungle and the jumping through water

Yesh

All of the good ideas went into 2. Three was the same thematically but it didnt show us anything new, so it felt like a very different film.

I really can't hate any of these movies regardless of how bad they are, kind of my ultimate guilty pleasure for some reason, anyone here feel the same?

That is simply incorrect my friend.

OST is not very original either but at least it had a sense of adventure like CotBP. It also had some good characters, especially Barbosa and Gibs.

Also Depp was pooly utilised in AWE, dragged into an awkward love triangle thing with Will and Elizabeth and far too little to do for the remainder of the film (including 20 minutes of Jack just fucking around on a boat by himself, which is funny for a while but begins to drag on very quickly)

I'm with you. I know that some of them are bad and acknowledge that they have a bunch of flaws, but I still enjoy the shit out of them. It's the same with Phantom Menace, I've watched that movie like a million times over the years so even though I think it sucks now I still have fun watching it.

This, im looking forward to the next one even

thirded

there's already 4, there's a 5th coming

it was fucking terrible, saw it two weeks ago, jesus christ, if they made it 2h it cudda been good maybe

they hired chow gun fat and all he did was provide an excuse for kiera knightly to get her own pirate crew and a costume change

to be fair, only the fourth movie is offensively bad, the first 2 are good and the third is passable/average

What I don't get is that this was literally filmed back to back with Dead Man's Chest, which was fucking good. How do you fuck up when seamlessly moving onto it?

You know, that IS a good question.

That's my favorite of the 3

I hears that they were kinda behind on production, so by the time they started shooting they were still working on the script for AWE. That's why it's weaker than the other two.

This one is really convoluted with like 6 different plotlines and a kind of shittily established set of villains which makes the switcheroo of characters even more confusing.

Dead Man's Chest
>Will needs Jack to become free and marry Elizabeth
>Jack needs 100 souls to repay his debt to Davy Jones
>Elizabeth wants to find Will
>Davy Jones is clearly the bad guy

Then, in At World's End you suddenly get
>Barbossa
>Chow Yun Fat and his band of merry chinks
>Davy Jones
>EIC which has power over Davy Jones
>Everyone betrays each other at least once
>in the end everything is fine because Davy Jones and Beckett dies and Will lives

There's also

>Will hates Jack
>Elizabeth is distant from Will and regretful with Jack
>Jack doesn't trust anyone
>KALYPSO
>The pirate council is introduced and given a war fleet
>Will wants to save his dad but has to change his alignments every act in order to do so
>A whole first act spent on getting back Jack
>Kalypso AND Davy Jones???
>Every cluster fuck plot line has to fight in a ship battle in order to be resolved
>Oh wait we forgot about blowing up Cutler Beckett hang on
>Cue ending where Elizabeth + Will's and Jack's storyline feel like two different movies
>FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH NEXT MOBIE 5/5

oh shit we forgot Commodore Norrington's quick rewrite the one scene where Elizabeth escapes the Dutchman

Yeah I forgot about the fucking Tia Dalma/Kalypso bullshit that just comes out of fucking nowhere and has no real payoff other than a maelstrom, which although makes for a nice setting for the final fight, it's kind of silly.

Barbossa being a priest for Elizabeth and Will was goofy as shit but I still loved it

>Because nothing big happens in it

This. Everything big happens before it even takes place. Gibbs being put into prison. Barbossa losing his leg.

That shit could have been a good flick.

>the 5th movie will be the spiritual successor of the first one

feels good

I'd say Tia Dalma being Calypso was decently set up in Dead Man's Chest.

Actually, more of a sequel to World's End partly focused on Will being the Dutchman's captain and his son looking for him.

Yeah, Pirates 4's problem is being very obsessed with telling and not showing in the name of budget cuts between Barbossa's story about why Disney couldn't hire the old crew back on for another movie or Gibbs destroying the Navigational Charts after memorizing them so they don't have to make new destination artwork for whatever sequel fodder would be contained in the Charts that were the whole point of the prop being introduced in the third movie.