Tfw I found the de-greened extended blu ray online

>tfw I found the de-greened extended blu ray online

de-greened?

Hackson ruined the extended fellowship blu ray by putting a green tint over the whole thing.

BD vs dvd

link it

Shit, thanks for the warning. I've been meaning to pick up the extended blu rays for some time now.

now the version i found

There's like 3 different colours here.

why the fuck would they do that?

It's on myspleen. It's easy to get into unlike most private trackers though. Just go to originaltrilogy . com. There's a thread about it. Just ask there.

So you found a blued version?

Why the fuck do they do this to blu-rays?

Feels good to have the EE on DVD.

I've got it on DVD as well - I just wanted a crisper image with no colour alterations. Is that so much to ask??

Surely you can change the colour settings on your TV to offset the green tint?

I sold my EE dvds. Shoot me.
or upload the uncompressed fellowship dvd(s) somewhere.

I mean, it's closer to the original imo.
Plus these scenes were some of the most green. Most of it looks much closer to the dvd than the blu ray.

Feels good having both the DVD and BD set.

TT and ROTK were color corrected in post for their respective theatre release, FOTR was not, hence the corrected BD version to "have FOTR in the same tone as the other two".

isn't that only like 4 gb? image quality must be awful

They put each film on two dvds but since each one is so damn long it comes out to about dvd quality anyway.
They did have DTS soundtracks though.

2 discs per film, extras on their own discs. the image quality is great, unless you have a 4k meme setup.

But I do have a 4k meme setup. Not that guy btw.

Nice waste of those petrodollars Achmed.

>having the possibility to display at 4k resolution somehow degrades the image quality of lesser resolutions

Do you understand how pixels work?

Yes, but you clearly don't.

If you try to play a 720p (720 rows of pixels for you) on a screen with 4000 rows on pixels, you need to fill in the empty space with something. this is called upscaling. it looks makes dvds that look fine on conventional displays look terrible at higher resolutions.

Is the bottom the theatrical version?

>implying extended is better than theatrical

>I just wanted a crisper image
after skipping through some scenes of my BR rip, that would be the last thing i want.

A sharp image ruins the whole movie.
They used so many tricks with greenscreen or miniatures, which you just cant see on the low res dvd image, but on BR you just cant unsee it.

>everythign with nazguls looks shit
>helms deep looks shit
>gondor looks shit

enjoy ruining your movie. same reason why the hobbit movies are trash.
>lets make it 4k, 60fps, 3D so there is no chance to cheat in anyway.
>oh damn now we have to use super high quality cgi for everything
>oh we run out of money and time to do that
>ayy lmao lets just spend all money on the dragon and fuck the rest xddd

That depends entirely on the upscaling tech, and most of the time there's no discernible difference. In some cases it actually improves the image quality. Now screen size is an entirely different matter. Obviously if you have a 70" display, DVD content isn't going to look good upscaled or not.

>my tech can make your old movie look even BETTER, by stretching it out and filling in the spaces with make-believe
sounds legit

G O P R O

For Fellowship?
There's no argument.