What Sup Forums think of these >headphones? Also general >audio thread Headphones, >amps, dacs, speaker anything >audio

>What Sup Forums think of these >headphones? Also general >audio thread Headphones, >amps, dacs, speaker anything >audio

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HMlS91P1ds8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fuck i done a bad job of greentext there...

audiotechnica masterrace

yeah thats abysmal op. get hd598 if you've got a place to listen to open headphones. they're easy enough for my macbook to drive with no external amp and the onboard dac is pretty good because apple.

Meme50s arent masterrace peasant.

m50s are trash. I've never tried them i'm just zeos memeing but still its the consensus that there are better cans for the price

Thing is i dont have a place where i can really listen to open back. I know they have a better and wider sound stage but closed are all that would work for me right now. I might pick up a scarlett 2i2 as well. What do you think about the 2i2?

??? i dont think the scarlett 2i2 is a headphone amp. Isn't it an interface for recording, like with xlr inputs and stuff. I don't know anything about that kind of equipment

It has a headphone. To be honest i assumed it would also be a headphone amp. I should check. Hope its not just a pass throgh for 3.5mm jack

Jesus this phone by it has a headphone i mean it has a headphone jack.

Oh apparently its a great dac/amp. Gonna buy one used cause theyre only 50 dollars used.

I mean it may also power headphones, but why not get a dedicated headphone amp? The schiit fulla 2 or fiio e10 are both amp/dac combos for under $100 that get love on the internet. You can also just go for the schiit magni 2 of you only need an amp probably

oh cool man. you do you

Ye they also look pretty badass imo.

I unironically wear this
rate my style Sup Forums
For real it was a family gift

They're good for the price as a sealed, circumaural, portable headphone. For home use though the DT770 or a good open headphone are better purchases.

0/10 headphones but since it was a gift I won't give you a hard time over it.

>My only headphones are an ancient pair of Beatz that fell off of a truck in China and are literally falling apart

JUST

What do you recommend that can be at least a 6/10?

What's your budget and use for it? Portable only or home use too? Home use only?

I listened to someone's 770 pro80 a couple days ago, I liked it a lot.

ive been using these for half a year now with some angled pads with an smsl sd793-ii dac/amp

I´m mexican so the economy varies a lot but I can estimate around 100 dollar min
Also they can be house only

This is what I have. Payed too much, sounds nice though. I am not the biggest fan of the amp. Tube amps are lacking bass. DAC is great though, for the price.

Creative Aurvana Live (original version, not the 2) can be had for under $100US, they're quite good, check them out. They'd be more suitable for home only.

got a couple of meze 99s, prolly paid a bit much, but i dig em

amp/dac combos recc'd?

cool set up man - how do like the 800s? what sort of genre's do you feel it excels at?

I really like the 800s. With the right amp it excels in anything I throw at it. The perfection of the sound is intense, took some getting use to. I think the most surprising thing I have ever heard, sound quality wise, was choral music through my current set up. truly angelic, brought tears to my eyes

youtube.com/watch?v=HMlS91P1ds8

I have the same pair, did an amp measurably improve sound quality? I've been debating getting one.

I AM LOOKING FOR THE BEST HEADPHONES FOR $100
They have to be able to be used outside of the house. if no one helps me I'm buying meme50s. Save me from a mediocre life!

if you can use open backs and like mids and highs these are for you

Best under $50 has arrived.

Don't forget if you hate bass. The roll off on grados is pathetic. Far too coloured sound.

Got 'em on right now. Easily the best headphones I've ever had.
Had some 598 open backs and hated them.

How about something like this? It's technically open back but they do a good job.

Not him, but if what you have is a Superlux, your probably better off putting your money into some better headphones before you spring for an amp.

They sound great, but they need some modding in order to be comfortable, and the sound won't appeal to all tastes.

how's my rig guys?

Nice amp. Does it have the DAC unit? Also what headphones?

Yes it does. It's very nice for the price, really nice boost in the soundstage and definition. Been thinkin bout trying the Modi Multibit for shits tho.
Headphones are HD650s. Not sure if I'm as happy with them now as I was when I first got them before I got the amp.

headphones are for edgelords who want to lose their hearing

Recently bought audio technica MSR7's and they sound pretty fucking awesome. Does buying an amp considerably change sound quality? If so what would you recommend?

>we 768 kHz now
despite all the hires and dsd meme it's actually a good and pretty unique interface

that's a headphone designed for mobile use, it is pretty high sensitivity and can be driven by anything
so the answer is no