6 (SIX) classic albums in 3 (THREE) years

>6 (SIX) classic albums in 3 (THREE) years

a) How did they do it?
b) Why don't we talk about them more? They're like the Hillbilly Beatles

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xeXqtzusIU0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I love them too.

Creedence is way better than the Beatles.

John fogerty has some good solo stuff as well

Hard to compare such different styles

>vietnam flashback intensifies

It ain't me
IT AIN'T MEEE

*enters thread*
*It Ain't Me starts playing*

It's called Some Folks Are Born idiot

>hillbilly
you do know they're from the (san francisco) bay area right?

Sup Forums doesn't talk about them that much because they're "dadrock" and the majority of hipster fags here can't formulate their own opinion so they fall for the dadrock is bad meme.

Best Creedence album is Cosmo's Factory btw

no it's called "Oooh That Red White and Blue"

Post your top 5 CCR songs, I'll start

>Have you Ever Seen the Rain?
>Bad Moon Rising
>I Heard it Through the Grapevine
>Fortunate Son
>Run Through the Jungle

Good thing music is a sound and not a dot on a map

Fuck, i forgot the Midnight Special. That's number 2

Heard It Through the Grapevine is my prob my #1

>I Heard it Through the Grapevine (eternal GOAT)
>Green River
>Down on the Corner
>Someday Never Comes
>Long as I See the Light

I think it was partly because they're around half an hour and are very simple but with a lot of space for jamming around on. Still mightilty impressive though, one of the often overlooked GOATs of the 60s.

cosmo's factory is the to go album, the problem when you start with their best album, where do you go next? what is their second best album?

Then you go to Willy and the Poor Boys, user.

This nigga knows

>they forgot about green river

heh

It's the 3rd best, user...

The first 5 CCR records are more or less just as good as one another. It's futile to compare them. Just listen to all of it yknow

No one even brought up their "I Put a Spell on You" cover that opened their debut. sad.

youtu.be/xeXqtzusIU0

patricians make distinctions. i know the pleb life can be pretty murky but do not compare s/t to green river unless you want to get humiliated

So, the first 6 are pretty much all-around decent to great. What the fuck happened to Mardi Gras though?

Actually patricians listen to everything they can and judge them by their merits, without worrying what people have to say about it. Dick measuring albums as though they were comic book characters is definitive pleb behavior.

There was a lot of drama within the band at that time. It's their Let it Be

>It's their Let it Be
>mfw
honestly, let it be isn't awful as Mardi Gras

But you only need one CCR album.

>compilations
>ever

>Someday Never Comes
>Have You Ever Seen the Rain?
>Up Around the Bend
>Who'll Stop the Rain
>Lookin' Out My Back Door

Real talk, Chronicle and Legend are the best Greatest Hits albums ever

It's 100% fine to have compilation albums, especially for artists that were active in the 60s and earlier since album-oriented music wasn't common back then.

REKT

>Born on the Bayou
>Born on the Bayou
>Born on the Bayou
>Born on the Bayou
>Born on the Bayou

Long As I Can See the Light is their best

Cosmo's Factory practically is a greatest hits album

>Born on the Bayou
>Have You Ever Seen the Rain
>Proud Mary
>Suzie Q
>Midnight Special

bump

Album does NOT contain Born On The Bayou.
Far better to get every album ever made than to spend money on a "Greatest Hits" album and miss out on some really good stuff!

*blocks your path*

Lead songwriter decided to step back and let the rest of the band do some songwriting. Turns out John Fogerty, in addition to having one of the most iconic voices in rock history, is one of the most unsuspecting songwriters ever, because I don't think anybody guesses that he is a literal mastermind behind the band and the one time he stepped back everything went up in flames.

its called SOME FOLKS ARE BORN IDIOT

anyhoo, suzie Q pt is dope

AHHHHHHHHHHHH
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

lol *part 2*
SPPPPPOOOOOOOOOKY JAMZ

Where do you reckon Fogerty is all time for rock/pop songwriters ?

Tbh it messed me up when I was like 13 and my dad told me Heard it Through the Grapevine was a Motown cover

Green River is their best, user.

Last time I listened to a CCR album I started hallucinating that I was clearing out VC tunnels with a flamethrower, myan!

Best cover ever desu

Tough call. Top 10 without a doubt, but he has extremely fierce competition, perhaps too much to make top 5. If you narrowed it down to the '60s we'd be seriously considering a top 5 slot imho (then again their work bled into the 70s). A lot of Creedence albums have covers, but there's so much original material, and it's all so tightly written and constructed, and performed so exceedingly passionately, and it all burned so bright for so long. It's just fascinating how consistent the guy (and the band as a whole) was. They should have been a flash in the pan that inspired better bands to do even more back-to-roots stuff but it turns out they kicked more ass at roots rock than any late '60s act (fuck the Band I don't care a shit).

Agree CCR is heads and shoulders the best Roots Rock act. OP calling them the Beatles for that genre is correct.