Why doesn't this bad boy get a lot of praise in here?

Why doesn't this bad boy get a lot of praise in here?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pkgQ88G8Hj8
youtube.com/watch?v=bjnwmMX9fsQ
youtube.com/watch?v=pu-mbcwKds8
youtube.com/watch?v=327Y6NNdMsQ
youtube.com/watch?v=nMWGXt979yg
youtube.com/watch?v=mX3fuCo2J_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=p3RieSAhCOk
youtube.com/watch?v=2fbVlVLu1m8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you'd think the amount of trent stans on here and the amount of people who like gloss drop he'd be more popular

TPP is a great album

Because he isn't good

/thread

this is nice
youtube.com/watch?v=pkgQ88G8Hj8

>why doesn't Sup Forums talk about good music
it's a mystery
Love his early stuff, TPP and Telekon are fantastic

Listen to Don Caballero instead.

but what if american don is one of my favourite instrumental rock albums?

yeah, exactly

He was the father of 3rd wave industrial guys trent and manson

I underestimated you. Carry on then.

How do I get my friend to stop listening to The Pleasure Principle?

gary numale

I'm more of a Replicas type of guy

You kill yourself, it's the only way.

Not an argument.

Metal is one of my favorite songs

was into this stuff ten years ago

Don't worry, you'll grow out of it in a few months.

I knew the "Cars" single and was vaguely aware of the album for years, along with the album cover. Years later, I got it as a meme. The blogpost bit is that I blared it in my car before marching in fag pride for that year, but it seemed to fit.

To my delight, it was and is a remarkably tight pop album, and really never bores (many albums can drag in spots, as you all know). The liner notes explained the "gimmick" of minimizing guitar in favor of synth, and I was also surprised that this is a very early catalog number for the beggar's banquet label, something I hadn't known before. Furthermore, fag that I am, I had previously been familiar with the Basement Jaxx track "Where's your Head At", and here now I understood the sample source via M.E. - it's always nice to make those sorts of connections. Overall it was really great to discover this album.

A big new discovery was the vamp on METAL, track two (I had previously worked in a metal factory, and I could hear the presses working in the track - mind's eye goes to the abos in Bowie's Let's Dance video). Or the big dramatic swooping shit leading into FILMS, like some dispassionate smileless Band being chauffeured around in 1980s New York. CRUSH. WHIP-CRACK. CRUSH.

Another thing I really liked was from the bonus track selection(?) Random. I imagine two young men in a club, it's early, things aren't going yet, and they try two different breakdance styles. One stands perfectly still a time, impressive in itself.. the other responds by going nuts.

I don't like that all his songs have a "technology is secretly isolating and bad" undercurrent going on.

I don't like secretly critical futurism.

His stuff starts to sound samey, which sucks because I really liked it at first

Reminder that this album is eternally underrated

got em

youtube.com/watch?v=bjnwmMX9fsQ
Best track he never wrote.

I actually kinda wanted to say that too. Dance isn't really far removed from Gentlemen Take Polaroids. I, Assassin isn't bad either in a Prince sort of way. I can't really handle any of the albums after that, although there's a handful of good songs.

This is surprisingly great
youtube.com/watch?v=pu-mbcwKds8

Hell Mick Karn and Rob Dean appear on it, as does FM's own Nash the Slash.
youtube.com/watch?v=327Y6NNdMsQ

Thomas Dolby is a far better songwriter than Numan, though.

Hell yea

youtube.com/watch?v=nMWGXt979yg

I heard the reference in the lyrics to "someone in Japan who just lied" refers to David Sylvian no longer hanging out with Numan once it was suggested that it wasn't good for his image

best Thomas Dolby-penned song coming through

youtube.com/watch?v=mX3fuCo2J_Q

you probably should avoid pretty much all new wave and synth pop in that case

I picked this album up while going through another period where I literally listen to only New Wave for like 2 months. It was suggested to me via Spotify and I fell in love with it. Metal is amazing and it's all just great dance pop. This and Yaz's "Upstairs At Eric's" are never mentioned even though both are excellent dance-pop-new wave that go under Sup Forums's radar quite often.

>Proof that Upstairs At Eric's is fucking fantastic

youtube.com/watch?v=p3RieSAhCOk

I didn't know that album used a Linn LM-1. Kinda goes with some of the Numan stuff then.

youtube.com/watch?v=2fbVlVLu1m8

>Please don't hug me, please don't hug me
>My feet hurt
>What if he's doesn't actually like me
>I want to go home
>Don't make me talk

looks better on him than his stupid fedora phase

Gary Numale has always been a hack. Even Moby is better than him.