Does Sup Forums know this film ?

Does Sup Forums know this film ?

Best Ryan Reynolds' performance, even better than Deadpool (which was great), awesome ambiance and genius use of point of view in my opinion.

Saw it on Hulu the other night. Great direction and visuals. Top tier qts too.

>be a failed movie hunk
>do small indie flick and it's great
>goes back to trying to be a movie hunk

Wish deadpool flopped so we could get more RyanKino but it's gonna be memepool from now on

Also the movie is good but felt like it didn't do enough. I was expecting more twists but it played out exactly how I expected and by the end I was waiting for it wrap up . Ending credits was nice though

He seems like a smart lad, and he did Deadpool mostly because it was his childhood dream, we can still hope for great performances in less blockbuster-y films.

Yeah this movie is fantastic, exactly what film should be used for. Fantastic production design. I kind of hoped/expected for Anna Kendrick to accept him and start helping him kill or cover stuff up, but that would have gone against what the film was really about.

I agree, definitely wanted more from it but what it was was great.

Yeah Anna's character wasn't crazy enough to fall for him after discovering the truth... But she was great anyway.

One of the most unsettling horror films I've ever seen. I don't know why it was billed as a comedy.

why would they cast a literal rat in this movie?

Marketing was terrible indeed. Trailers and even posters spoiled everything, in particular the fact that his animals speak to him. The first scene in which they appear is clearly made to hide where the voices come from and make us wonder, but oh, trailer showed all of it, too bad.

SING A SING A SONG SING A HAPPY SONG!!!!!

It's unsetting, but it's not horror. His mental condition and his actions are comically lighten up, mostly due to the fact the largest portion of the movie is seen through his perspective, thus we have talking heads, cats, dogs and decent house etc. I agree, in the ending especially, things are getting tense and it gets serious.

Also, what is this "technique" called? When we see things from someone's perspective, but it may be wrong? Is it unreliable narrator, even though he sees these things himself?

Her character wasn't meant to be super qt. Although Anna is

I seriously expect that kind of twist too. The movie ended more or less how i expected...not that means it's bad I just expected it to get more crazy.

you should go live in a sewer, theres loads of qts there

>His mental condition and his actions are comically lighten up
That cartoonish tone is just as creepy as the darker parts, at least for me. Especially when you realise it's just his meds making things seem that way. I don't think any film has done a better job of conveying insanity.

Anna Kendrick was cute

Film sucked because it didn't do the horror or comedy parts well enough and kinda just floundered in between

Ending was weird unfunny shit with a broadway jesus

Saw it. Loved it. I rec'd it to Sup Forums a few times over the last few months.

I agree, the comic tone just makes it more terrifying because you realize how dangerous he is without realizing it.
It's also the movie that made me feel most for a "vilain" per se. You know he is completely mad and he will keep on killing if not stopped, but you can't help but feel for him and hope that maybe she won't find the head and maybe they can escape... The tragedy of insanity is exceptionally well written, in that, even if he wants, sincerely, to stop and have a normal life, he just can't.

There's room for other types of genre between horror and comedy.

It's the fucking best thing about the movie, that in-between tone. The ending was perfect.

Tucker and dave vs evil or Cabin in the woods did it good. Voices did not.

There's more than 1 tone between Horror and Comedy.

Your just don't get it. Your taste will mature with age.

I just said those 2 did horror comedy right. Voices was bad at it.

Voices was decent, but I thought Buried was the best Ryan Reynolds kino. Especially if you're cluster-phobic.

>Is it unreliable narrator, even though he sees these things himself?

Unreliable narrators aren't always lying, they can be wrong as well.

>Best Ryan Reynolds' performance
That's Chaos Theory

Watched it for the laughs and gore, didn't expect the feels.

Anyhow Reynolds is underrated by the general public cause they saw him in a few shitty movies so now they assume he's terrible and only knows how to spit bad one-liners.

Each time I watch it I find new small details that change from when he's on his meds and when he isn't, even the something as simple as the colors are just amazing at conveying emotions.

>Each time I watch it
wew

>Deadpool
>great
It was incredibly disappointing after everyone telling me it was good. Super hero movies are cancer.

They are hugely profitable and since they are based on gigantic properties with thousands of scenarios, villains and heroes, they are easier to write and have an already existing fanbase.

But explaining it doesn't make it less annoying that they flood the movie industry right now. Even the good ones become tainted just because there are so many of them.

Yeah watched it last year, and recently again. Good little movie.

I understand suspension of disbelief but this movie went too far with it

Was I seriously supposed to believe anyone anywhere EVER would find that fat English roastie whore more attractive than Kendrick? Total miscast, made immersion impossible

FUCK YOU

This movie was genuinely great
no idea why nobody knows about it

Cause it was directed by an almost unknown woman, Marjane Satrapi (writer and illustrator of Persepolis)

Such overreaction. It's a 6.5/10