How to into hip hop

I don't listen to hip hop at all. How does one into hip hop. None of that we wuz kangz bullshit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UkxID5Ye-Sg
youtube.com/watch?v=JItQ4Kg5Zy8
youtube.com/watch?v=Vtsar_VBCmk
youtu.be/QWveXdj6oZU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what have you listened to?

Paul's Boutique and Endtroducing..... are the two good hip-hop albums ever made.

You can't if you have atleast some sort of appreciation for music as art.

Hip hop is for """people""" who only "listen" to music because they don't want to feel like an outcast because their intelligence level isn't high enough to understand proper music, even generic top40 pop is better than hip hop because it's atleast some form of music.

36 chambers
never fails to get me jacked up, forget about my little penis

>>>/reddit/

youtube.com/watch?v=UkxID5Ye-Sg

first listen to the song that contains the essence of rap and hip hop

what kind of music do you normally listen to?
try j dilla

sugarhill gang - rappers delight, kurtis blow - the breaks, wild style sndtrk

run dmc - raising hell, beastie boys -licensed to ill, ll cool j - radio

public enemy - fear of a black planet, boogie down productions - by any means necessary, eric b & rakim - paid in full

de la soul - 3ft high & rising, beastie boys- pauls boutique, new kingdom - heavy load

nwa - straight outta compton, geto boys, ice-t - power

after that, you should have an idea what you like

Just stay away from "gangsta" hip hop and try your typical backpacker stuff.
youtube.com/watch?v=JItQ4Kg5Zy8

youtube.com/watch?v=Vtsar_VBCmk

You have a point, i want to add that that is particularly true when english isn't your first language and you hear a guy rambling in a song for 5 minutes

/thread
desu

Various styles of rock music, mostly.

sage
there is a million "top hip hop albums of all time" out there
its really easy to find something you like if you're willing to look for it (and not racist)

youtu.be/QWveXdj6oZU
use RYM's top hip hop records, read the lyrics, dont worship the 90's, and let people make you feel like you shouldnt like a rapper because they make 'white' music

Here

you

go

go.

You are an impatient fuck god damn.

Danny Brown is how
I wouldn't consider myself a hip-hop fan, but Danny is fucking amazing

lol

i like you

Almost all hip-hop is going to have some pan-african themes here and there so if you're full Sup Forumstard don't bother
Start with Illmatic, 36 Chambers, Midnight Marauders, License to Ill, 2001, Good kid maad city

>listening to hip hop
>telling anyone to go back to r.eddit

>almost all
out of curiosity, name one that doesn't

Thank you :)

>Suggesting 2001 over The Chronic
Out.

Eminem

listen to earl sweatshirt and lil ugly mane

MC Paul Barman, or literally any white rapper

I prefer Joshua Sweatpants and ASAP Rambo

T H I S
The golden era

Just listen to Kanye

>mfw the golden era is literally only nostalgia.
90's hip hop is garbage

10/10 album I discovered a few weeks ago. Eveyrone should listen to this.

Haiku D'Etat

Not him but bad as fuck taste, my man.

If you think every album sucks there I don't know what to tell you.

Wow I'm surprised someone else actually remembered him. A few modest chuckles on his albums, pretty garbo though.

Are you American? If so, don't. American rap has completely sould out and you're better off not caring about it or you'll end up leghumping some talentless nu-trap soundcloud hacks like some of the kids on this board.
If you're from Poland, Germany, France etc you'll have a large and interesting underground scene to explore, so go for it!

Not true. This is coming from a modern head too. I've recently been exploring a lot of old school hip hop and there's hundreds of incredible albums out there.

Never seen that about to check it out right now.

Don't listen to these nerds just focus on Houston hip hip from all eras, that's ask you need.

leave Sup Forums

21 Savage, Kodak Black and Lil Yachty aren't the only modern trappers around. There's fuck loads of amazing hip hop albums out there if you look around. Over 50 hip hop albums this year already have been released.

It's fucking incredible, funky, lyrically amazing jazz rap. It's brilliant and it should be a staple on this board.

congratulations you fell for the hype
post-'00 hip hop >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>'s

His flow is shit but his lyrics are pretty fucking good. Paullelujah is a pretty bad album though

Kanye and Kendrick are great places to start, that's where most heads nowadays start.

You might be placing production over creativity. Golden era was to hip-hop what late 60's to mid 70's was to rock. In that context, Deep Purple, Led Zep, Hendrix, Sabbath, Santana, Rush, The Doors and more--all existed contemporaneously. Comparatively, in hip-hop you had KRS, Pharcyde, Gangstarr, Freestyle Fellowship, Poor Righteous Teachers, EPMD, Beastie Boys, Public Enemy, Beatnuts, Cypress Hill, and more...all going on at the same time.

Either you're trolling, you love Fruity Loops gay beats, or you....just need more education, son...

This. Can't go wrong with The College Dropout, Late Registration, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.

Same goes for Good Kiid Maad City, To Pimp A Butterfly and DAMN.

He's just ignorant. Plenty of old school holds up today and even some of it is being brought back by modern artists like Joey Bada$$ who use boom bap production.

Travis Scott - Rodeo

NRM (Nigger Rap Music) is ALL lackluster. There is not one good moment in any nigger rap album. EVERY nigger rap album has "we wuz kangz" overtones somewhere. The bulk of nigger rap music is anti-civilization propaganda.

Instrumental hip-hop is more tolerable, but still incredibly lax.

even if you are actually trolling, unironically kill yourself

This. What a fuck wit cunt.