Only God Forgives is the definition of mediocre...

Only God Forgives is the definition of mediocre. Only someone so far up their own ass who likes the smell and taste of shit could actually like this. People think this is a masterpiece. The people who respond to you on Sup Forums and call you a pleb are Only God Forgives fans. This has to be one of the most pathetic auteur circlejerks I've seen. Dedicated to Jodorowsky? He doesn't deserve vapid trash with his name slapped on it.

Can you elaborate on what you didn't like about the film?

No it's excellent, a triumph of the visual form.

Does this movie have the greatest cinematography of all time? Show me another movie that looks this good.

nah this movie is stunning, both comfy and terrifying at the same time

it's a tour de force

It's not mediocre. It's bad.

And I loved Drive.

sometimes atmosphere and visuals are enough to carry a movie, man. not every movie has to follow a strict set of rules you deem normal/expected

The soundtrack was very good too.

I watched it yesterday for the first time.Yes, visually it is masterpiece, no doubt about it. But overall for a movie it doesn't really work... It's boring and tense at the same time and not actually comfortable to watch. The characters are shit except for the chief of police and the whole thing is very much bloated.

What a surprise, a Drive fan who hadn't seen any Refn previously got confused when the Goose wasnt a real human bean and a real hero

they didnt carry the film man

watch more films

This nonsense is so inorganic to any sense of globetrotter restlessness or anything explicitly or metaphorically to do with British or American colonialism that it just feels derivative. That Kubrickian scene in Drive of dead-eyed strippers watching an assault gets extended here in a more elaborate whorehouse sequence where catatonic hookers bear mute witness to instances of police corruption. Refn’s tableau of organdy-gowned call-girls listening to pop while watching violence in a bouquet-bedecked whorehouse is the ultimate David Lynch parody.

Gosling and Refn have art ambitions–a strange sense of fun. But how can film culture progress with fantasies like this? There’s no shock or outrage left. Refn relies upon a level of menace (unerotic, non-provocative) that precludes caring about or responding to violence, vulnerability, mortality. This is cinema for unsophisticated viewers who don’t already know Bunuel’s eye-slashing, Altman’s Coke bottle assault or Shakespeare/Julie Taymor’s Titus. Children of Kubrick, Friedkin, Lynch and Tarantino, they remain infantile about movies.

go make a movie if youre so fucking brilliant

>watch more films
Copypasta and a cop out. Good job!

wow OP could u be any more asspained

see
you faggot

The OP is a copypasta

They both suck.
Drive 1.5/5
OGF 2/5

Bronson is his best film