Box Office: 'Suicide Squad' Tops $500 Million Worldwide

>The film opens in Germany today, Austria on Friday, Greece next Thursday, and finally Japan on September 10th. Oh, and IMAX is scheduling additional 2D IMAX showings this week, because (give or take a Gravity or Puss in Boots), 2D IMAX is the best IMAX there is.

>It has already cemented itself as the current eighth-biggest grosser in North America for the year and the seventh-biggest global blockbuster (one it tops The Mermaid‘s $553m gross over the next week) of the year. So yeah, if I were the Dream Factory, I wouldn’t hesitate to greenlight whatever Margot Robbie-as-Harley Quinn spin-off the actress has in mind. They are going to make a bloody fortune on Halloween costumes this year.

www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/08/18/box-office-suicide-squad-crossing-500m-worldwide/

Still can't top Marvel, how pathetic.

Isn't it nice they can make money without China? Maybe now people will stop sucking the chinkdicks and censoring their movies to be in line with the kind of narrative the Chinese want.

Or they could stop being cunts in general and make films for entertainment, not focusing solely on $$$.

How much did MCUs third film make?

Get BTFO

Don't be dumb, it's always been about the dough.

only $200M more to be considered successful, go go go

Why is it that this board never lets DC have a moment?

Is that it?
Using your logic, SS can only be compared to Marvels 3rd entry and no other.

What was Marvels 3rd official MCU movie btw?

I hope they take notice of the positive reaction in regard to Harley's countless ass shots and skimpy outfit when they intreduce Catwoman to the DC Movie Universe

I also hope that this influences current DC Comics

WW for now is $509 million, it's in the article.

Iron Man 2, 623M worldwide

Ah in that case they still lose.
Shame.

Also
>It is 21st among the top comic book/superhero movies (again, counting The Matrix Reloaded‘s $271 million domestic cume) and will probably (emphasis on “probably”) end up 15th on the list between Man of Steel ($291m) and Iron Man 2 ($312m). If it makes it there, it’ll be the fifth-biggest non-sequel comic book superhero movie behind Iron Man ($318 million), Guardians of the Galaxy ($333m), Deadpool ($362m) and Spider-Man ($403m).

Not in the 50 till late 70 when there were still some none liberal directors left

Watch all those old school religouse film
they were full works of Passion

Not a DC fag but I thought it would make $750 million. There was so much hype and Ayer is a competent director.

You know what? I'm glad they're making money. The longer they keep going, the more time they'll have to work out the kinks in their way of making these, and the better the chances are for something good to come along eventually.

SS will make 1 billion dollars and you fags will still come in , say it's a failure and that it needs 30 billion to break even because 'dat der advertising costs'

No China. I'd say around $600 mil.

>SS will make 1 billion dollars
lel

>this board is literally www.reddit.com
what did they mean by this?

Maybe if WB hadn't butchered the movie.

So it still hasn't even broken even?

so, where is this broken even shit coming from? when a movie company makes a movie they start out with a budget that limited, not to exceed a certain amount.

if they had spent 700 million , they could have afforded better special effects and all that. wtf are you guys talking about?

>break even: the point at which cost and income are equal and there is neither profit nor loss; also a financial result reflecting neither profit nor loss
>509$ million worldwide, for now
>175$ reported budget, insider who weekly reports the daily numbers confirmed that with shoots + marketing it's actually 250$ million
It did break even.

It needs at least 1.2 billion to break even.

>175 million budget
>another 100 million in marketing
>only 50% from the domestic BO and 30% from international BO

Do the math. It needs around 700 million to break even.

Sources say $3 gorillions.

>175 million production budget
>Being modest, lets say 75 million advertising
>250 million total, that's been modest.
>The only take 1/2 of the ticket sale in the US, 1/3 outside the US.
>250 US, probably take away is around 125 million. 250 Foreign. Take away is about 90 million.
>Its now starting to break even at 210-230 million.

Its needs 700 million to start seeing profits.

This spells bad news for Wonder Woman, honestly. Its already been shown you can't bank on feminism(Ghostbusters). Will Smith, Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn, Jared Leto's Joker weren't enough to save this movie. Do people honestly think Wonder Woman will fare any better with Gal "Wood Plank" Gadot?

DC as a brand at this point is tarnished. Take for example ASM2. It made 700 million at the Box Office, with a 230 million dollar production budget, possibly a 100 million advertising budget. Sony still shut down the whole Spider-Man CU because it underperformed and didn't see much profit.

Guardians of the Galaxy had a similar budget from Suicide Squad. It made 773 million and it was considered profitable by the media and the studio.

suicide squad will make back millions on the bluray featuring lost footage.
but even if it made 4 trillion in returns there, someone will say the cost of producing bluray is 6 trillion so they failed

>Guardians of the Galaxy had a similar budget from Suicide Squad. It made 773 million and it was considered profitable by the media and the studio.
Doesn't China retain most of the money? It's a failure then. Actually, most of capeshit movies are failures if you consider that they do much more overseas.

I want this to start being a thing especially after deadpool

>well we can't put a plot stopping 20 min cgi "action" set piece because it's too expensive and we can't count on Chinese market to cover it
>how about we write an interesting scene with some character development instead

GENIUS!!

I blame the lack of other blockbusters opening

>implying SS break even just from Harley t shirt sales and iPad product placements

It gets 70-75% domestic and 25-30% of foreign. Overall, it's standard to say it gets 50% of the box office take, not 50% US and 30% foreign.

Why do you fucking idiots continue the push goalposts further and further away? It's like you're telling a fishing story and the fish gets bigger and bigger every time you tell it.

Using your numbers, even shit like Civil War didn't make money. You're an idiot.

>It gets 70-75% domestic

Do you really need to lie, DCuck?

>lie

No, it's a fact. I fucking hated this flick, but bullshit is bullshit. They get 70-75% during the first couple weeks and less as the theater run continues.

It's somewhat accurate to say 50% of WW box office. Hence the 800M figure. 200P + 200Marketing = 400 x 2 = 800. Even that's not accurate but it's closer than this 50/30 shit.

By that logic, virtually every MCU film that failed to break a billion was a loss.

DC's third film was done probably 20 years ago.

To be fair is conventionally a bad film.

BvS has certain merits and can be apreciated to certain extent. I even might say that I like it even if I understand is mediocre...but Suicide Squad is just lowest denominator shit.

Im glad for DC making money (500m is a great number without China) but Im not happy knowing Deadpool, GoTG and Suicide Squad got such undeserved success and money. They are literally the reddit trifecta.

Also not happy that the executive cut won and its making money. This will make them extra cocky in the future. David Ayer cut was probably better (even if he is forced to pretend the theatrical release is his cut)

So does this finally BTFO Sony and GB(2016), and to extend any films with all-female cast? I mean they couldn't get even half the money this made while costing exactly as much and even more on marketing?

Look at the way you write and reassess your life choices.

>responding to shills

I agree with this. Ignore the chinks

is this shopped?

>$50m - $100m profit so far
definitely green lighting a sequel then. Maybe these DC films are growing on people (regardless of the mouseketeers moaning about rotten tomatoes)

>500 million
half way to breaking even

>implying Civil War wasn't the biggest flop of the century

disney was betting that the movie would have made 2 billion in the first weekend

what makes you say that?

Lmao, that's a lie.
Either way, it made 1.2 B on a 250 M budget (+advertising). Box office success. Critical success. Audience success.

And DC?

>success
>causing Disney to go out of business

seriously?

And Marvel's first film was about 40 years ago. Your point?

>not counting BW Serials

I can't tell if you're joking or just shitposting. Anyways, I'll dismiss you now, user.

Yay! It finally hit the 500 million box office numbers

Yeah, best to ignore anything that threatens your safe space. We'd hate for reality to ruin your day.

>taking an obviously sarcastic remark seriously
>calls someone else a shitposter

They weren't being serious. They were commenting on Sup Forums's ridiculous take on BO numbers and how, according to them, no films actually make money.

This is one of the better superhero movies to have come along.

Suicide Squad is the third film in the new DC Extended Universe and it seems like Warner Bros. doesn’t quite know where its end goal is, considering how many problems each of the films haS had. Squad, while an entertaining event picture, suffers from editorial misconduct, cobbling together loose ends to fashion a film that feels like a better cut resides on the floor of the editing bay. But despite all that, is far superior to the recent super hero pics from 2010 and forward.