Dune

I watched the original version back in 1994, on tape.

I currently have the long version and consider watching it.

Anything I should know? I heard some scenes were deleted from the long version, which would such massively.

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WCbR0wZWJxQ
youtube.com/watch?v=JWazCmypy0g
ifdb.fanedit.org/dune-the-alternative-edition-redux/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump

There are scenes missing from both that are each in their own movies.

Theatrical version is the definitive version and the only version David Lynch acknowledges.

The extended TV cut is pretty bad.
The editing was absolutely atrocious (sometimes their eyes are blue from melange, others they forgot to add them. Shit like this throughout).

It's worth a watch but if you've seen the theatrical cut you've seen the best there is.

>Theatrical version is the definitive version and the only version David Lynch acknowledges.

I thought he didn't and called it all a scam because he didn't have a choice in the final edit?

That doesn't make me want to watch the long version.

Father! The sleeper has awakened!

it wasn't just the final edit. he whines about studio meddling all the way through but I suspect he was (and is) just coddled by never having to do a big budget studio flick before or after. if you're used to your buddy-buddy producers sniffing your farts and calling them genius you might get offended if some studio executive breathes down you neck a bit.

when is lynch going to stop being a faggot and recut/dc the movie

>sounds like child abuse

Guys, what do I do? I saw the movie so long ago I don't remember much except the AIDS-ridden cannibal homosexual scene, which I hear isn't in the long cut.

Seems I'm better off just rewatching the theatrical version.

Watch the mini-series. New cut of the movie doesn't really change it around in any significant manner. You might as well check out the alternate take.

Watch both
then watch this You won't regret it

i dug the sci-fi channel's series but it's nothing special. the low budget hurt the story and the acting is quite spotty. still a fun watch, though.

Pretty solid until the end battle. Weak as fuck

Is it a good novel or what? I've heard that its main flaw is that you know what every character is thinking.

There is a really good fan edit by Spicediver, it has become the definitive version for me.

Saw that too, I liked it.

Can't imagine going back to some shitty tv production like suggests

>I heard some scenes were deleted from the long version

a shitload yeah, the original cut was like 7 hours or something. A lot of scenes are not in any version, like this for example;

youtube.com/watch?v=WCbR0wZWJxQ

and this etc;

youtube.com/watch?v=JWazCmypy0g

it's actually very good in some ways, its not as good as the movie but its worth watching

Is there any way to see this 7-hour long version?

No people asked Lynch a lot, I think most of it was destroyed during the big fight he had with the studio at the end of production. He said he will never go back and make another cut.

The whole thing was a terrible experience for him, he doesn't even like talking about it, and then after all that the movie bombed as well.

It's always this way with him, the very first cut is always ridiculously long, like the original version of Fire Walk With Me was 7 or 8 hours.

No one ever got to, or will ever get to, see that either.

> muh siyaha

That’s also the final scene in the book.

That's pretty damn retarded... Why shoot so much material when you know you can't keep half of it?

I'd hate to cut stuff that was filmed. If I did, I'd make sure to have a long version afterwards or something.

>Dune was 32 years ago
>kill me now

Do Muslims not get upset that they portrayed Muhammad on screen. Or does it only count when its overt?

Been too long since I saw it. I don't know if you're making a joke or if there's something to it.

I thought their casting for Mau'dib was absolute shit, but it was otherwise an ok series.

children of dune with twink, James McAvoy, was something special.

this is bretty gud

ifdb.fanedit.org/dune-the-alternative-edition-redux/