Are there any Sup Forums approved shows that have the protagonist fail to achieve their goals in life?

Are there any Sup Forums approved shows that have the protagonist fail to achieve their goals in life?

HIS FUCKING HAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

>Gotta Catch 'Em All!
>Catches fuck all Pokemon.

Ash Ketchum really is a fucking cuck.

ASH KEKUM
S
H

C
U
C
K
U
M

I'd be more worried about his testosterone levels, he still hasn't hit puberty after 20 years

no

He won the orange league you fag.

Anyway, after coming into the finals in every league you'd think he'd be world famous by now.

>conveniently missing out the Orange Islands

Ash was the champion of a whole region, wish people would stop thinking of him as the underdog who'll never succeed.

We know who the real protagonist is

He failed again?

Maybe Pokémon is just limbo and Ash is eternally damned to repeat the same failures over and over

He must have died in war that everyone talks about in the first game.

Maybe if that prick Picachu finally evolved things would be different.

>wishes to Ho-oh to be a kid forever
>trapped in hell

I knew I was a Lugia man for a reason.

Lugia is the shit.

It's like winning the special olympics. It means nothing

>Ash
>needs hundreds of episodes and can't even win one league or catch all Pokemon

>Red
>caught all Pokemon and won the League in like 5 episodes
>Then went to mountain to hone his skills and become a true Pokemon master

>b-b-but the power of friendship

I fucking hate Ash.

Good to see fellow patricians still exist

The whole reasons he fails is because he is in hell, ever since the day he so Ho-Oh and his dream was fulfilled of never growing up and doing this shit for life which at this point is eternity he will never win.
He is also a fucking uber retard
> Train Charmander, Squirtle, Bulbasaur into Veno,Blastoise,Charizard
> Max them out to the point that they actually listen to him
> Give them the fuck away to some random niggas and Misty
> Never evolved his Pikachu into Raichu
> Never hooked up with all the honies that he had hanging around with him
Gary was the real protagonist of the show

does he seriously get knocked out in the round of 16 in kaito lmao?

Train Charmander, Squirtle, Bulbasaur into Veno,Blastoise,Charizard
> Max them out to the point that they actually listen to him
> Give them the fuck away to some random niggas and Misty

Did this seriously happen? I haven't watched Pokemon since I was a kid.

I think he had to forfeit because his Charizard wouldn't listen to his commands.

Yes because, duirrrrrrhurrrr real trainer trains pokomen, you can have these

>I believe friendship is more important than power in pokemon battles
>Loses all the time

Brute force master race

When will it be his year?

>ash
>takes two whole fucking weeks to walk through viridian forest

>red
>blasts through that place in under ten minutes

>gotta catch em all
>every time you catch like 5 or 6, 100 more come into existence out of nowhere, including pre-evolutions of already existing Pokémon

Anyway, >people actually watching this series past johto

He needs to make his Pikachu all cute and fat again

Stopped watching after the first league

something I never understood when watching this show as a kid was how is Professor Oak a real nice guy but Gary is such an arrogant cunt?

>runner up

That's not how tournaments work. Runner up is like some shitty judged competition. He lost in the finals.

>these dumb ass non sport watching weebs think runner up as any basis in a weeks long tourney

The same way your grandparents were kind and loving but you still ended up being a cunt

Would you lick, suck, and kiss Misty's bare soles?

Never forget.

No, bulbasaur and squirter never evolved

>Has a Charizard and hasn't evolved squirtle or bulbasaur

This motherfucker is one those people who only train their starter pokemon in the games.

how the fuck did he get 10 badges?

It's a japanese show
Japanese philisophy is you never achieved anything you must keep working until you die

I'm one of those people. You have to grind way less if you only use one Pokemon.

What's your current lineup boys?

Playing Heart Gold.

Got:
-Kingdra
-Weezing
-Noctowl
-Steelix
-Octillery
-Gengar

The show has more than 8 gyms unlike the games, you only need 8 to participate in the Pokemon League though.

i finished heartgold a few weeks ago for the first time. this was my team.

To be fair that catchphrase was only from the translation.

my head canon has Oak being a cunt when he was younger too

But weren't they his friends since the begining? Or does he only care about Picachu?

Nice, I almost had the same team, except instead of Epsion I had Jolteon.

Most American sitcoms have the family fail at nearly every fucking thing they try to do.

It is literally "chase the dollar" social propaganda.

>Feraligatr

Kudos, I always choose the water starter. I got him too, but ditched him after. I don't like keeping the starters on my main team.

The show has more gyms and cities than the game and it's explained that 8 is the minimum to enter the league

Tauros a shit, he should have kept his Pidgeot

I wonder if he even bothered to sort through and find the strongest one or if he just grabbed whatever from prof oak

>been chasing Pokemon since 1998
>probably has hundreds of max level pokemon from all regions
>still can't even make it to the Elite Four

Red, Green and Blue were smart enough to get out of this rigged game early on. Yet Yellow still persists and is cursed to forever remain a child with a Pikachu at his side that never seems to level up.

ash is such a fucking loser

if he would take his goals seriously he would actually accomplish them

Yellow is a girl

>he actually read the manga

Imagine if they made him win and then rebooted the anime with a new protagonist

>he actually posted the frog

In all honesty it makes sense for Ash not to be the GREATEST TRAINER EVAR before he hits 30. There's trainers you see on the show that are old and still not anywhere close to being great. Ash is perpetually under 15(under 11, even). Sure you can speedrun the games in a few hours and get level 80's across the board, but the anime world is more of a full fledged thing.
The sad truth of the Pokemon world of the show is that most Pokemon trainers are failures. the original head writer had a whole plotted out idea of the world. Most men go off in their young adulthood to become trainers, fail,and end up doing dead end jobs and never go back home. thats why women(Nurse Joys, Officer Jennys) run so much of their world. Ash's dad is one such failure, and that's why he's never had the dignity to show his face at home. granted all this stuff only ever made it to a few book adaptations and never the final show,so take it as you will.

>max level pokemon
does the anime have max level pokemon too? I always thought that this is the worst about the games. hard caps should never exist in games

I read the manga too a long time ago. it was my first manga I ever read. later on it gets boring but I thought the first parts have a story much much better than everything else pokemon related

this actually sounds great

indeed pretty much everyone in the pokemon world seems very incompetent. and what you describe explains a lot

Very carefully

Remember when Brock left and was used as an S&M slave by Prof Ivy? Good times.

The show would have been alot more intersting if he became a (minor) celebrity trainer because of all the tournaments he competed in. They could even made him into /ourguy/ type of celeb who always competes but never really wins.

the pokemon anime really has zero lore despite having a million episodes.

Shit team

Oh.

He did win the orange league didn't he?

Do you love them, user? Then they're the perfect team.

>women
>running shit
hahaha

evolve ur fuckin pikachu already REEEEE

ash is such a shitcunt i always liked team rocket more

Playing Emerald right now. Thinking about getting a Magneton for my last team member.

So what happened with Misty and her bike?

>when it's 9/11 so you can't watch pokemon
i think when morning cartoons came back it was yugioh by then. arguably cooler.

the last time I played a pokemon game it was emerald. I hacked myself a mewtwo level 1 with optimal stats and moves and played the entire game with only mewtwo. was fun

>tfw /vp/oreons actually thought he'd win the league and retire, setting the stage for an all-new cast

To be fair, anyone would give anything to Misty as soon as she'd ask.

Red uses pikachu as his main too.

Which is why I dislike origins. It could have been much better. They should have made a season instead of mini series.
>between this and the last episode I beat 4 gym leaders and caught 50 pokemon
The animators were lazy cunts. Is 10-15 episodes too much to ask for?

I can think of one!

>noctowl
Why?

Maybe because ash and red are literally the same fucking person

More or less

Red is from the Pokeman games. Ash is from the show

That bitch looks like she either has an eggplant head or a giant golden afro

What happened to Butterfree?

It's kind of impressive how Origins managed to be even worse than the main show. It's like they actively tried to make it bad.

The last one I really played was Red.
- Articuno
- Gyarados
- Haunter
- Mewtwo
- Raichu
- Venusaur

I don't know about new games, but back then Articuno carried the entire team through the league.

It fucked off to be with the female in season 1. You forgot that episode, it was iconic.

>using legendaries

I disagree, enough talent and drive can be better than age. You see it in competitive sports all the time like boxing or the olympics. World renowned women's soccer players get beat by 14 year old boy's teams.

She got her bike back and left Ash to run her shitty gym.

Any of you niggas beat Battle Frontier on Emerald without cheating?
I almost smashed my GBsp after losing for the 1000th time, the devs actually put in real work on BF and made it hard as fuck.

>water type loses to fire type because lel charizard

Yeah, they literally sat in one spot and you could pick a fight with & catch them anytime. There wasn't anyone around who didn't reserve the one Master Ball in the game for Mewtwo.

But shit, people born after that game was released are legal adults now.

Meme League

But it was probably one of the best written arcs

>Squirtle learns Hydro Pump
>Charizard stops being a dick
>the Charizard + Pikachu 2 v 2 battle
>Pikachu fucks up a Dragonite to win the league

no, I know why it left, but why did Ash never bother to find that niqqa again?

same with Pidgeot

Because he has to get new mons to promote the new games

Soul Silver, I have five badges.

>Scyther
>Espeon
>Weezing
>Lapras
>Ampharos
>Typhlosion

>same with Pidgeot
Scumbag promised Pidgeot he would come back for him but forgot.

Tbh i thought Dragonite wasn't gonna go down, probably the best written arc along with a few set in Johto.

>Mega Charizard
>Fire

He used a fire attack, but he isn't weak to water.

Is this orange island? Cause that doesn't count, it wasn't even on Garry's radar

>have 3DS
>want to play HG/SS

>cartridge is minimum 80 bucks on eBay
>DS game, so no CIA
>not on eShop