Why does this board hate dad rock?

Why does this board hate dad rock?

because its shit

I dont, I hate this board tho, you included

The hipster mentality of being a contrarian towards the dominant contrarians

They never had a dad to share these types of songs with

Because this board is not for nostalgic grandpas or "le wrong generation" kids.

o, what's it for? music? i fucking thot so u fuck

because its popular to like dad rock therefore i hate it lol

Because it's generic and fucking boring

Its only generic cause every band both shit tier and god tier has tried to copy them.

You gotta pay respect to the classics

If you're defining it vaguely enough them most of Sup Forums like or loves dadrock.

Because we were born in le right generation

Tryhard comment of the day.

But I love Phil Collins.

because it's boring, we've heard all the Beatles songs a billion times already.
Also people that only listen to dad rock are extremely closed minded and autistic, they have this "good music is old music" view that makes me cringe
i'm here to explore new songs and sounds that i wouldn't have found otherwise, wtf is the point of talking about music that has been discussed a trillion times already?

>Also people that only listen to dad rock are extremely closed minded and autistic, they have this "good music is old music" view that makes me cringe
Most people are like that, you're just sympathetic to them while you dislike people who listen to old rock personally. The majority of people like what they like and are very set in their ways.

Ironically, people who hate dadrock are just as close-minded and autistic. Except instead of "good music is old music" their view is "good music is new music".

Just like radiohead
but hey everyone masturbates to OK Computer here so what the fuck

SU SU SUDIO

Because most people here either grew up without a dad, or grew up with an absent over-masculin, probably alchoolic dad that listened to DadRock.

>OK computer generic
ok, user, what came before OK computer to make it generic?

because they'd rather listen to retarded dumb fucking niggers rapping with laughably bad dubstep playing in the background :^)

you shouldn't care about what Sup Forums thinks

everything

>we've heard all the Beatles songs a billion times already
And yet that isn't enough

It never is

The Bends

name something then faggot

i don't even understand that term
is every popular rock pop artist in the 60's-80's dad-rock? because that's fucking stupid

bruce springsteen is a better songwriter and has more talent than a lot of the shitty generic indie artists posted here.

go back and listen to both albums buddy, they sound nothing alike

you guys do realize Weezer and Radiohead are dadrock now right?

if you're 10 years old, sure

Yup, but The Bends make OK Computer sound like shit

that's your opinion and that has nothing to do with what i asked in the first place

You asked what made OK Computer sound generic. The Bends did it. It makes OK Computer sound like a generic album, when compared to such a great album

no no no no no!!! all dadrock is shit except for the ones I like!!!! oh and if I like something it automatically means it's not dadrock!!!

my point is nothing that came before OK Computer sounds like OK Computer therefor it can't be generic, it was as experimental as it got back then.

You thinking the bends was better doesn't make OK Computer generic, that doesn't make sense, just call it worse then.

Nope, the bends is more experimental

And now OK Computer sounds generic

My parents played it nonstop when I was young and now I'm sick of hearing it.

fuck you stole my joke

So is 99% of music made today.

The desire to rebel against their father.

houses of the holy is a pretty good album I bet you guys would like it

It's not a joke...

>you gotta pay respect to the classics
not when they're boring

OK Computer is technically dadrock now

I bet you fucking praise radiohead

We don't. I like dad hip hop too

something something seinfeld effect

most people on this board are simply uneducated on 50s/60s/70s rock & pop and prefer indie counterparts for some reason. it's why tame impala and lana del rey fans exist.

>radiohead
>experimental

I really don't get it either. Maybe because it's overdiscussed? Anyone who thinks The Who, Led Zeppelin, or Rolling Stones didn't make good music needs to get over themselves.

I like it but probably has something to do with it being ubiquitous and in too many car commercials

Judging by the lack of proper capital letters and punctuation, I'm guessing you're what, thirteen years old at most?

Now lemme tell you something, kid. Dad rock, or as we true music connoisseurs prefer to refer as CLASSIC rock, might sound "old" or "lame", but once you reach a certain point of maturity (that is, once you get properly laid, not some handjob you got from Suzie from French class) you'll finally 'get' what all that noise was about.

It's a bit like learning math in school. It seems boring and a waste of time, but when you get older it just clicks. And when you get to that age, you'll only have two thoughts: "Why didn't I realize this earlier?" and "Why didn't I get into this when I was younger?"

tl;dr You're a hipster, arrogant piece of shit that can't handle good music because you haven't reached puberty yet.

>Judging by the lack of proper capital letters and punctuation, I'm guessing you're what, thirteen years old at most?
You're such a cultured intellectual, I feel so unworthy of even posting in the same thread.

>I'm guessing you're what, thirteen years old at most?
i'm not writing an essay or a report, why the fuck would i put effort into punctuation and proper capitalization on an anonymous message board, you autist? it's a waste of fucking time. all i want to do is get my point across?
>kid
the classic 'you don't agree with me therefore you are inferior" fallacy, pathetic
>implying i don't like dad rock
i like the music, but i've heard everything a million fucking times. variety is the spice of life and i love exploring new music
>You're a hipster
neck yourself, you've proven my point

ebin

>dadrock
CCR, springsteen, the stones, and steely dan are all good
ACDC, G&R, and all these shitty fucking hard rock bands are garbage

>their view is "good music is new music"

More like enjoy your older music while broadening your tastes with new music and stop dismissing it all because of what top 40 shit is playing on the radio.

Neck yourself

You're probably a 25 year old pothead who listens to Pink Floyd who relishes the opportunity to make posts typical of a 30+ year old.

/thread

I don't hate dad rock. I fucking hate Sup Forums though. Worst board on Sup Forums by a fucking mile.

Dubs confirm truth.

Also Sabbath and The Beatles are good.

have you even been on Sup Forums, Sup Forums, /fit/, Sup Forums, /r9k/, /s4s/?
i've already discovered so many great albums and artists on Sup Forums, and all those boards i listed only gave me cancer

i figure most people go through a dad rock phase when they are teenagers but most people get bored of it by the time they turn 20ish

I read the first line and I knew this would be good copy pasta.
Get on back over to reddit.

Anyways, dad rock is bad because
1. Most of it was over played shit that dad's hyped in the garage and it sounds so fucking stale
2. it's entry level. All of it. Sure that doesn't make it bad but gottamn it makes in unimpressive.
3. the majority of it is stolen from other artists or written by ghost writers or blatantly nothing original at all.

Yea, you can give me a bunch of counter examples but no one gives a shit. Dad rock bored a lot of people here. That's all.

Put down the bud light and stop smacking mom, dad.

Back in Black and Highway to Hell are both pretty good

>Sup Forums
>worst board
lol not even close. Try going to an actually shit board for once, like Sup Forums. It'll make you appreciate Sup Forums a lot more.

yet it talks ashit on most modern music and worships pet sounds on a daily basis. go figure

Because the average and median age is 17 years old and they try to be edgy

Not him but it really is a shit board. Just constant asinine posting, trolling, "hurr you like X band?? lolol" posts, and on top of that shit taste. Should be shut down and given a hard reset.

This. Dad rock is the music your dad plays taking you home from baseball practice. If that doesn't whip up certain feelings in you then perhaps you can stick with whatever does.

>kid
>Le I´m superior elder (25 year old autist)
>9gag tier reaction image
>Trying to be memey with the phrase Lemme tell you
>Thinking you are mature while enjoying true art that only grown ups understand
Like please tell me what I need to appreciate a Zeppelin album
>Le ebin hipster meme
>Le hasn´t reach puberty memey
Great new pasta tho

They haven't listened to Jailbreak by Thin Lizzy with their dad on a road trip, so they don't "get it"

23 here. I don't mind dad rock, in high school Pink Floyd was my world. I was that country and hip hop is shit type of people, but then I started finding albums like Beacons and Born Into Trouble as the Sparks Fly Upwards.

I think it's a matter of the popularity of Dad Rock has made it more of a casual listening/party thing and this board is more about finding the music that paints your world.

>AC/DC
>shitty garbage
AC/DC before Bon Scott died made some BITCHING albums and don't you try to deny that