Why are Brits the best at making sitcoms?

Why are Brits the best at making sitcoms?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ye0z_hxD54s
youtube.com/watch?v=2G7foe3IGwc
youtube.com/watch?v=ar_saHB60qU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because they naturally make fun of themselves and each other in everyday life

Plus there's so much material to work with

rondey youu pullunkey

>watching Jolly Boys Outing
>They get to Margate
>Midnight Cowboy references appearing everywhere
>nobody in my family got the references
>nobody I fucking know got them
>hasn't been noticed online apart from the song 'everybodys talking' is played
Am I insane? Has nobody ever noticed???

i noticed, bro

i noticed..

>Jolly Boys Outing
GOAT episode of any sitcom.

thank you senpai

I only know this from Stewart Lee.

]
>british comedy

>funny

>insightful

>smart

pick none

WE'RE SO SORRY UNCLE ALBERT

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaan ta margate

American here, this show is fuckin god tier

>you'll never see Mrs Slocombe's pussy

A rare kind of defeatism only experienced by those who have been at the top.

right Im getting more and more Midnight Cowboy references the more I think about it:
>the bus shot with del and rodney, del trying to sleep
>the crowd shot of them walking in the amusement park
>Trigger stepping out of the souvenir shop with chest out and hat on (akin to Joe Buck)
>Del grabbing Alan at the jellied eel stalling demand him to pull himself together
>del walking funny with Rodney (akin to Buck and Ratso)
why did the showrunners do this? I feel like going through their other specials to see hidden stuff

People who say 'American comedy is shit' or 'British comedy is shit' are plebs. There are good and bad sitcoms from both countries. The thing about American TV in general is that there is just much more of it, so while there is a lot of good stuff there is also a hell of a lot of shit. The shit British sitcoms are easier to ignore.

>dat shop till
>-36
>3
>6
>3 x 6's
>666

youtube.com/watch?v=Ye0z_hxD54s

Barker and Jason are the perfect comedy double act yet both are more famous for being in others.

Apparently getting the music cost them a fucking fortune and the BBC would only agree if it wasn't just some random music choice. So they wrote in references in to look like it was needed beyond being a song the writers and cast liked.

You jealous clapburger?

>When Rodney got his collar felt because he passed a football to a bobby

Pretty cool knowledge thanks

>"It's good here, innit eh? They got a magician, a singer and a comedian. The singer'll be on in a minute!"

Can an American watch this and tell me if it still is funny to your foreign ears. Its basic physical comedy but does anything in this seem strange or a bit off to you?

youtube.com/watch?v=2G7foe3IGwc

Because a lot of the good ones do a good job of having funny entertaining things happening within the constraints of a reasonable, relatable universe. It's slice-of-life comedy. Whereas American comedies in the main derive their comedy from completely ridiculous unrealistic situations, there's little possibility for an emotional response.

We always have it from the point of view of the average person, or even losers, and most people in our country can look and go "hah, yeah that's happened to me" or relate at the very least

American sit-coms are all sexy/cool people running about doing unrealistic things sexily, or being incredibly romantically awkward whilst being incredibly attractive but having relationship "issues" and no normal human can relate to this nonsense

I'd say the Brits and the Americans are about equal when it comes to sitcoms. The Brits play a lot more American stuff on their TV channels though. Hell I just came back from a week in London and every goddamn channel had Friends, Seinfeld, and Big Garbonza Zimbabwe Theory playing at some point. You never see Brit sitcoms airing like that in the states unless you watch BBCA.

maybe you could talk about them here bro, then the next time we watch it we can be like "oh, that's what user was talking about", and so on

Kek I can hear it.

American sitcoms are good channel filler because you guys milk the fuck out of an idea until there are 100s of episodes.

The opposite is exactly why you don't show Brit sitcoms.

Alright Dave

>mfw you will never hear these jokes for the first time
>mfw I realize that I don't actually mind 'cause this show is so fucking great that I could watch it a million times and still laugh my ass off

YOU STUPID WOMAN

young ms brahms is pure filth lads wew

My drama club was supposed to adapt this for stage in high-school, and I was supposed to be Rene. We realized that maybe 3-4 of us could actually pull it off and the rest were talentless fucks.

>you guys milk the fuck out of an idea until there are 100s of episodes

Holy shit you aren't kidding. Some things it works, Frasier, Cheers, etc. Most it's like what the fuck is the point? How I Met Your Mother, Charlie Sheen / Ashton Kutcher show, Zimbabwe, the list goes on and on, for example. I like the cord cutting, get in do your thing and then shut it down before it goes to shit a great example that comes to mind would be Spaced, mostly when it comes to you guys shows, but sometimes it makes me mad. For example if I don't get more episodes of Darkplace and Snuff Box someday I might have to kill someone.

Who is the best fool and horse and why is it Boycie?

You might get Snuff Box someday now Matt Berry is a mainstream success but I think Toast of London has some time to run yet.

>slut french waitresses and stronk women of the third reich in stockings and suspenders every 5 minutes
i lrnd2wank at this show lad

>french accents
>lovable nazis
>the policeman guy

this show would never get made today

I even like Green Green Grass, despite it clearly being utter shit, because he's that good in the role.

True kino right here.

you forgot

>muh sojiny

>that scene when the trotters walk into the nags head after becoming millionaires and mike and the rest of the gang start slowly clapping
>cut to boycie and after a few seconds he begins to clap

makes me ;_; choke up every time lads

Thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=ar_saHB60qU

>"Watch out Margate and lock up your daughters! ...alright Alan?"

Does Rodney give a guy a blowjob in a cinema?

im rockin it bro

I HAVE NOT GOT A DISEASE

UNCLEAN UNCLEAN

One day Rodney....

He's only gone and done it.

They gave a black guy a bell and told him he had a disease and was "unclean" because he was black? wtf I thought Brits were supposed to be less racist than Americans.

"Oi Del, they said anything about the sex?"

Leave it out Rodney, you big tart

Listen carefully, I shall say zis only once.