What does one do when depression consumes them? How does Sup Forums mannage it?

What does one do when depression consumes them? How does Sup Forums mannage it?

Other urls found in this thread:

lostallhope.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nihilism.

while this is true, it has little to no effect on me.

meditate

Lamotrigine

Have any tips for that? It just seems to make me feel worse, as I end up driving myself crazy in my own thoughts.

Booze. Staring at a gun. Sleep.

I've had depression for 7 years now. The only thing that keeps me from leaving is the thought of my family. Just the picture of my mother finding my corpse makes me feel even more sad.

My other method is doing something taboo or illegal, because it doesn't matter in the end because fuck it all. If they catch me and sentence me I just end myself in the cell or the way to it. Just do thing and don't give a fuck what others think. I drove 120 miles just to camp in the middle of nowhere with a fishing rod and lived there for 1 and a half month, and I felt great after it. I did starve really bad though, but at least I know my limits now

As far as making people sad, I don't care about them anymore. My family is a joke, and their part of the reason I feel like this.

As per your "just do things and not care" I've been doing that, and it does take the edge off from time to time. It's one of the few things that feels good anymore.

I take long hot showers, then I get out and drink myself back to sleep while playing videos games to escape my reality as much as possible.

Doesn't feel good.

I've always liked this website, it supports both for and against suicide; which I'm pretty sure you've been thinking about. He does mention a few things that made me think twice

lostallhope.com/

I talked to a few in my old therapy group and they often said it was childhood traumas or family related stuff. It turns out when the suicidal person tries or successfully dies, it turns out their family cared so much they got depressed permanently themselves. Even though they may not show it or do bad things, it could be that they still love you in some way.

Get a hobby or passion.

Something you actually care about.

Yknow meaning n all

Stop using the internet.

Clean your room

My hobby was one of the things that helped feed it. But I guess that's what happens when you make a hobby a job.

I would if I had one, and my family didn't use it as a shitcatch for all the shit they don't have space for in theirs.

do you live in a cereal box?

Just cry it out and pet your animals.

I usually pretend to be gay. Get bf over the interwebs. Be hes dream boy. Later just dumb him when he thinks i'm hes dream come true. Enjoy looking at the aftermath of broken hearts.

I'm somewhat of a vagrant. I don't really have a set home.

when you're not depressive, realize, that the world's the same (in an objective way) and remember that when depression comes. what really changes is your mood.

force yourself to go out, have a walk in nature, work out etc., especially when you hate it the most.

accept it. see that it comes and goes.

Try to make friends and do fun stuff. Go to cinema? Go to city just to eat unhealthy food. Watch movies. Smile. Listen to happy music instead of sad kms music.

Not sure if I'm depressed, but I haven't left the house in two weeks and it doesn't even bother me, and I've had suicidal thoughts for a couple of years now.
Basically, I play the bass, and my mother found me a job translating a few chapters of a book (currently uni student so no permanent job yet), and with the money I intend to buy a new bass. This is the sole reason why I wake up every evening to translate a few pages every day. I have no other goals, no other ambitions in life. I'm waiting for my parents to die so that I can kill myself and not hurt them anymore.
I numb the emptiness in my soul with videogames and music. I'm a social outcast and have 2 friends, one of which doesn't leave his house very often, and I hang out with the other once or twice a month, so, my social life basically doesn't exist.
I suggest engaging yourself in a new hobby. Pick up an instrument.
Philosophy also helps.

plus: do silly things, like dancing unintentionally in your room, making animal noises ... just break the pattern.

I might to to the theater tomorrow. I have been wanting to see the new alien movie. I've been a fan of that franchise since I was young.

I've been a guitar player for a long time now. Just bought a new one actually.