HARDCORE Henry

Pizdets, that kicked ass!

What did Sup Forums think of this movie?

meme

solid 6-7/10 desu

Sharlto Copley carried the movie.
Remember that both this and Pixels where movies inspired by novelty youtube videos. I mean this could have turned to be Pixels level of shit.

A very interesting idea making a movie in first person. But as a movie it's okay only. Lots of things to criticize but the final fight was very anticlimatic. It felt like that scene from Matrix Reloaded where Neo fought hundreds of Smiths. They were nowhere near strong enough so you didn't feel like the main character was ever in any serious danger. It's too much of a cluster fuck. Should've made it about just 2 guys fighting. Also we went the entire movie thinking the villain was unbeatable yet the way he died was too easy.

it gave me a headache. first person is stupid.

It was fun to watch, Sharto Copley was great in it. Just kinda gave me motion sickness cause of the shakey cam.

Huh, could it be that it's better on a computer screen than in the cinema?

>he didn't like the scenewhere Neo fought hundreds of Smiths

It's shit. Not only for the reason already mentioned but also the cgi was horrific. Compare it to the fight scene in the subway station in the Matrix and it's night and day. One where you can feel and see the characters are both in pain and danger. And the other where it's literally just (shit) eye candy.

YOU

FPS was really bad and quiver, doom did better

I liked it, but more for what they attempted than what they actually accomplished.

Those characters had drastically changed by the time the hundreds of Smiths thing happens. Neo had learned to hone and control his abilities and Smith was basically a self-replicating virus of the Matrix at that point. The thing in the subway they're both still who they originally were. Smith is an Agent and Neo is a human who's still trying to figure out what this whole matrix thing is about. For you to interpret the fights in the way you did is completely ignorant.

Your reasons explain things but does not change how the viewers feel about the scene. It's still a fight scene that has no edge and no tension.

wait a minute. Nobody on Sup Forums talks like this. Something's wrong here but I can't quite put my finger on it

>how viewers feel about the scene

I've heard people complain about the cgi (even when it was new) but I think I only heard one person ever complain that the Smith's were underpowered

Everyone who didn't like Hardcore Henry is wrong and has wrong opinions

are there any other good first person movies?

It's not a surprise. Most viewers are plebs.

BTW it's still very much possible to make a good scene in a situation like that. For example the Bride vs the Crazy 88 in Kill Bill. The music, the colours, the limbs and blood flying everywhere, made the whole scene fun to watch, even though the main character was never in any serious danger.

Without these things, a scene like this would feel empty and boring even though actions are happening nonstop. That's what happened in Matrix Reloaded.

It was really good. Very inventive. The only problem was that the framerate was too slow for how quickly the camera was moving and shaking around. If any sort of movie needs 48fps, it's this.