What purpose did this character serve?

what purpose did this character serve?

He was the comic relief, only they forgot to add the comic or relief part.

To make other characters appear to be less annoying.

The only character more awful than Neelix was Tuvix.

Worst part of the show. Wish he'd died.

To make Voyager shittier. Holy fuck I hated that programme, easily the worst Trek spin off. If it wasn't for Jeri Ryan in a catsuit it would have been impossible to watch.

I think you mean the best Star Trek there my friend.

Why don't more SJW's love Star Trek? It had everything they ever wanted.

DS9 had a black man as the Commander, a woman as First Officer and a Muslim actor for Chief Medical Officer.
TNG had a black man as Chief Engineer, a black man (as Klingon) for Security Officer and two women as senior officers.
In Voyager the only white male who was part of the main cast was the Helmsman.

>This post gave me a stroke

Fuck Tuvix

Chef, Moral Office, Ambassador, Scavenger/Trader, WHAT ROLE DOESN'T HE FILL?

Watching DS9 right now, and it's just exposition of the most budget Star Trek since TOS, but ya, Fuck Voyager and it's great quality.

Tuvix also was

Wasting the time of the make-up artist?

I think it added more to the show compared to the make up of Odo or Cardasian or Dax... wow top level work there.

>programme

He was a local who had useful information about the delta quadrant. He could make leola root soup as well.

>The only character more awful than Neelix was Tuvix.
I wouldn't be so sure

>it's a Wesley is Indian space Moses episode
why was TNG's last season so fucking bad

I liked Voyager because I liked the fact it gave interesting stories. Like the story where they meet some random alien race who offers to upgrade their weapons to be super awesome if they do some research shit (which was nefarious) and shit like that.

Plus Jeri Ryan was fantastic. Especially the episode where Q's protege or something starts fucking about on Voyager and makes Jeri Ryan naked and she doesn't react, but you saw her butt iirc.

Oh and Doctor was neat as well, because they kept improving his character and he was great. But Kim and whatshisface who was training to be a doctor just to get into girls panties was shit.

>I liked Voyager because I liked the fact it gave interesting stories.

It has lot of good one off episodes, even when it has lot bad ones. Similar stuff as in TNG.

>Oh and Doctor was neat as well, because they kept improving his character and he was great.

Doc was great, honestly best part of show as far as characters go.

>But Kim and whatshisface who was training to be a doctor just to get into girls panties was shit.

The reason they kept Kim as character was the fact that Garrett Wang was selected on some random sexiest people in hollywood list on some gossip rag as token Asian. When it comes to overall critique of him being too bland and unemotional... well that is what producers told everyone to be like, to make aliens appear more lively or something. Every human save for captain was told to be strict and military like as possible. Robert Duncan McNeil, actor who played Paris hated working on the show, well, almost everyone was just working there. Popular theory is that Robert Beltran who played Chakotay was actively bitching in an attempt to get fired.

>that one episode in season one when he puffs up his face as intimidation
>never does it again for the entire series

DS9: Kino
TNG: Cinema
TOS: Film
ENT: Movie
Voy: Flick

To lower Voyager's supreme quality so audiences wouldn't riot in the streets about how terrible DS9 was in comparison

This is a Good opinion

>Wish he'd died.
But he did.

/thread

to annoy and make me stop watching

What do we think of Neelix II??

I don't know that character, so he must not be part of any real Star Trek series

He's the guy that notices you're always eating by yourself and offers to combine holodeck time for a new friends adventure.

first post, best post

OPTIMISM, CAPTAIN!

Just finished Enterprise and it wasn't that bad.

You guys bitch for no reason.

"May she achieve all of her goals, except for one. So that she will always have something to strive for."

>tfw gave that same toast at a baby shower and got weird looks.

Enterprise is the name of the ship, there's no star trek series with that name fgt

100% Better than Neelix because Phlox actually did things, had moral dilemmas, and was invaluable to the crew.

>Why don't more SJW's love Star Trek?
This is why. It's never enough for them. They find things "problematic" if the 60s don't align with their current bullshit.

>It had everything they ever wanted.

They want appropriation not imagination. they don't want a black captain or female captain in their own stories and adventures, they want the role of Captain Kirk only played by a woman. They desire to take away something from someone else. It's why they praise decisions like making Thor a woman or Captain Britain a muslim woman, but anyone suggesting that a new character with their own unique identity(muslim/woman/gay/etc) and adventures be created is called a racist/sexist etc.

>In Voyager the only white male who was part of the main cast was the Helmsman.

Doctor.

>Just finished Enterprise and it wasn't that bad.

Better show than Voyager or DS9. First two season mostly suck, but last season is brilliant.