Opinions on ween?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bLpfDI7nabM
youtube.com/watch?v=Ejq23a5ray8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

*deletes The Fucked Jam*

Extremely talented musicians who pick up genres, use them once, and forget about them
Don't take themselves seriously

I like them

Gene Ween is doing a show where he plays Billy Joel songs but it's in Wilmington, DE. I would go if I had a car.

does the chorus of If You Could Save Yourself have the same chord progression as creep by radiohead or am I just retarded?

The Mollusk > Quebec

I'd go if I wasn't a nervous wreck.
I'll lend you my car and you lend me some chill pills and we're golden

A couple of talented musicians that never fell into the pretentious meme and make music they actually have fun making/performing. They make a lot of shit, but its palatable because they do it for the lulz. They also make some quality shit when they can be arsed to.

ur gay
true actually like the mollusk had waving my dick in the wind

Everything from C&C onward is better than their first three albums.

>he doesn't think Pure Guava is one of their finest albums and the peak of their early songwriting approach
>he doesn't appreciate the brownness and goofiness of The Pod
>he doesn't like the manic punk-inspired parodies of GodWeenSatan
wow

>this

CARRY YOUR VELVET SACC

what the fuck is wrong with you?

MY WIFE WAS COMPETING IN A GAME OF CHANCE

there's nothing wrong with him

Is "If You Could Save Yourself (You'd Save Us All)" the song with Gener's best vocal delivery?

It's even better live

*deletes Alcan Road*
*deletes Joppa Road*

shit taste

youtube.com/watch?v=bLpfDI7nabM

You now have been exposed to weens cover of loser by beck

That's it, we don't need to have Ween threads anymore. Just post this every so often. Everyone can go home now.

They're very bland.

>they make a lot of shit

It's actually not shit, but it's funny that you fell for it.

We get it, you don't understand what you're talking about.

No, that would be Right to the Ways and the Rules of the World.

this

How the fuck? Ween are alot of things, but they certainly aint bland

They are literally the polar opposite.

musically, they're nothing special and they're whole wannabe quirky interesting eccentric sound always falls flat to me. it's like the flaming lips post 1999 with even more numbness and soullessness plaguing alternative music.

their*

It probably falls flat because you believe they are wannabes. You're psyching yourself out.

Freedom of '76

i will admit Exactly where I'm At and Ocean Man are good songs but i can't stand the stupid alt rock and psych rock cliches that are either done ironically or for the sake of weirdness

Sounds like you should stop worrying about it then and listen to stuff you like.

There are no pretensions with ween. Imagine two 13 year old kids meet in a typing class, and then end up making some songs for fun. Then imagine they continued doing that for a couple decades. That's ween. They don't do things ironically or for the sake of weirdness, they do it because it's how they want the music to sound.

Somewhat related:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ejq23a5ray8

check out 1:17

So what's the point in this fucking board?
>opinions on ween
>share opinion
>discuss opinion
>stop

well fine. it's boring uninventive music

>lol leave if you don't like it
I keep seeing this attitude pop up as summer is beginning and it's infuriating. I adore this band but that shit is the opposite of what Sup Forums is for

I disagree and there's nothing I can say if you find them boring. Just making it clear that they're honest in their music, they're not trying to be ironic.

Because every opinion on this board is stated as if it were a fact. You made a claim originally. It was objectively wrong. You knew exactly what you were doing so stop playing the innocent card and fuck off.

See above.

is it really that hard for you to understand that ween is the same bullshit you've been listening to on college radio and in indie rock/alt rock. i was being innocent and nice before but the fact that you think ween is objectively not bland is wrong too because it's an opinion. why don't you fuck off and stop spamming the same ween threads everyday so maybe someday people won't be circlejerking this boring music that has no staying power

this band sure makes you upset
perhaps Sup Forums means a little too much to you?

nuff said

Please write me an essay on how "ween is the same bullshit you've been listening to on college radio and in indie rock/alt rock."

Nono you dont understand he just says its bad you have to listen to him.

only because this thread, plus kpop, grimes, chart garbage, pol tier threads, and other overrated pop music is always bumped to the top while more meaningful discussion or just fun threads are never posted in

I really don't see how you could think Ween sounds like generic college rock. I mean the discography is so varied that you can't really say it sounds like one specific thing. I feel like if you're hearing "college rock" when you hear ween, you've only heard one or two albums and weren't really paying attention to either of them.

It's shit, but it's shit I love thank you very much.

This guy is literally the only person ive seen call ween bland. Like you can think theyre shit cause they meme too hard but theyre so varied

there was meaningful discussion and "fun" in this thread until you came in

Fair enough, I'm sorry.

>The Mollusk > Quebec

Why have they mean memed so much here lately

kpop threads? what kpop threads?

you're nitpicking and you still used a post that potentially generates discussion

POLLO ASADA

I agree,

Can we talk about how great the vibe of the entire Pod album is?

It made me feel things I hadn't felt in a long time when I first listened to it. I've only really been able to describe it as a religious experience. Definitely one of the best albums I've heard.

can we stop the ween thread spam please, these threads are literally all the same.

its the same 15 or so people that just sit and rank the albums, circlejerk over the pod, and post random quotes.

it makes me want to eat junk food for some reason
I assume Pollo Assado and Pork Roll Egg And Cheese play a part in that

Its those 2 songs plus the whole weird sick at home/high af themes

No, sorry.

>Stop liking music

unironically this

Seent em 3 times last week, 7 times since the reunion. Best band.

Idk The Pod and Pure Guava are fucking amazing.

Off yourself or get some taste

Pod > Pure Guava imo

The Pod is definitely an experience. I think they are about equal desu. Just very different albums. Pure Guava is the light to The Pods dark.

Incredible band
Incredibly overrated album

But its so good tho

mad because i am right, check every ween thread its the same exact shit

I love them!! Got to see them live with my girlfriend, which made me appreaciate their music and style even more.

fuck off

Something I love about ween is that all the members seem like they're big fans of ween. Like they love the songs as much as the fans do

Why would I be mad? I just answered your question.

So which Ween album goes with which drug the best? (Obviously not saying you need drugs to enjoy Ween though.)

shit, what threads DO you want on here son?

Everyone talks shit about the fucked jam but it's unironically great, it holds the album together still

seriously? no one noticed this...wow

acid or shroom never fails

godweensatan: speed
the pod: scotchgard
pure guava: shrooms
chocolate and cheese: weed
12 golden country greats: crewing tobacco
z-rock hawaii: crack
the mollusk: rum
white pepper: codeine
quebec: zoloft
shinola vol 1: lsd