What are some nice and /comfy/ hobbies to do while listening to podcasts?

What are some nice and /comfy/ hobbies to do while listening to podcasts?

I get the whole "Your ADD too much to just sit and listen to a podcast you fucking autist!?!" but sitting for 2 hours or more and doing nothing just feels like a waste of time.

fapping

get out

video games
whittling (messy but rewarding)
drawing in a warm blanket
smoking (personally my favorite i listen to the official podcast or work on my spanish while smoking hookah or weed the bubbling sound is relaxing)
play with putty
listen to podcast with headphones while cooking pick a meal that will take half the time to make and half the time to eat.)
nonsense writing

no

Knitting, tapestry or calligraphy

data collection of pain vs pleasure of shoving various objects up your ass

wouldn't mind getting into cigars or pipe... Not a bad idea actually.

It'll be a bitch if it's cold out tho.

knitting or crochet isnt bad but I dont personally like them because the setup takes forever and the outcome for me isnt very good

Practice makes perfect, pussy. Keep at it and you'll get good at some point.

play skyrim

wouldnt reccomend pipe smoking its not pleasant. you can buy a hookah for 20$ most places and the tobacco for it comes extremely extremely cheap and from my experiance isnt nearly as addictive. ive been smoking on and off for years and i frequently go several weeks between smokes waiting for the next podcast with no problems at all. its also far easier than a pipe which takes a lot of effort to smoke. hookah is just light coal set down done.
plus the tobacco flavors are way way better.

You wanna pay for my PS4 version? Because I don't feel like paying that much for an old game I've already played.

knitting is actually super fucking chill. I just made my first beanie a week ago.

it's good for your brain. all sorts of studies on that shit. There is a reason why they encourage it at old folk's homes to fend off the alzheimers.

I used podcasts whenever I'm doing anything with my hands and don't need to think too hard about it, anything I've had enough practice at.

So I listen when doing stuff around the house, cleaning, dismantling/rebuilding electronics for resale, that kind of thing. when I was getting into juggling I did the same.

I'm betting anything like knitting, whittling like that other user said, anything with your hands.

>I probably listen to 20-30 hours of podcasts a week

I wouldn't mind effort with smoking pipe. I mean, go into that, explain better.

i listen to a podcast while playing skyrim all the fucking time

I lurk this shithole, or clean my apartment, best while listening to Dr. Peterson,or just do other chores or practice guitar while something plays in the background.

Stuff with hands is what I was looking for. I was just driving around in GTAV but that's getting boring now.

I wish I could get more into electronics. Any tips for that?

Anything goes where you dont have to think much about what you are doing.
I listen to podcasts while farming or raiding in a MMO.

Cleaning while listening to Peterson... Pretty fucking meta, user.

You're sorting yourself out. High five.

the pipe is hard to keep lit, it doesnt maintain itself at all and relighting it if youve set it down for half a second is annoying. plus they dont last forever, eventually you reach the edge of the pipe because it burns through (after like years but still) meanwhile ive had the same hookah for a decade. you also have to replace the filter in the pipe pretty often because it changes the flavor of the tobacco weirdly if you dont and those are cheap but still.

hookah buy once. sisha (hookah tobacco covered in mollases or honey that is sweeter smoke) buy coals and sisha comes in bulk lol like as much as you want for only a few dollars. pipe tobacco is cheap too but not nearly as cheap or good tasting.

plus hookahs stay lit until the coal burns out ( coals come in packs of like 10-12 and burn for a few hours lol.) and also the hookah sits as like a fixture while you smoke from the padded hose and enjoy your podcast and watch the smoke which is thicker and better to look at.

Hookah is just... meh to me. Like, just come down off your fucking hipster horse for a second. Fuck.

As for pipe, if I'm listening to a podcast, I'm going to be sitting there listening to it. I've heard the thing about the pipe being hard to keep lit, but it's not something really meant to be left, it's mean to sit and contemplate with, which is perfect for podcasts.

get yourself a screwdriver with a full set of heads, get some pry tools, maybe an adjustable spanner, and just start taking shit apart and seeing how it works. if you've got the basics of computers covered it's a good place to start, dismantle, find fault, rebuild.

After that its as far as want to go. my tv was a 50" someone scrapped that $5 of capacitors and half an hour of soldering fixed. you can have a test rig to check out computer parts, you can try to nurse vintage gear back to health (I've got a whole bunch of 80's computer bear under my bed I keep meaning to get around to), whatever you want.

Start with scrap you pull out of the dumpster, then you can move onto buying broken shit really cheap, fixing it, and maybe making a small profit at the end.

last week I went through my built up collection of old hard drives - over a hundred to test, copy, sort, and tear down if they're scrapped. that was a good 15+ hours of podcasts

I smoke both and enjoy both. personally i just find hookah much more convenient than a pipe. Im no hipster i enjoy smoking everything lol.

also making and drinking yansoon is nice too.

idk, my main thing would be synths and noise makers I think.

Maybe down the line into some basic computers

that works too, though it's not as much my area. fix up 60s/70s stereos sometimes but eventually sell them because of how much room they take up.

start with whatever you can pick up for cheap/free and work it out from there. you build it up as you go along.

Walk.

that.... that's actually not that bad of an idea, user. Good on ya.

This ^

So underrated

Painting/model-making/build furniture... Lots of stuffs