Holy shit this movie is fucking dumb, why does Sup Forums reccomend it so much?

Holy shit this movie is fucking dumb, why does Sup Forums reccomend it so much?

The best movie based on comics in last decade. Stays true to source material doesn't pretend to be anything other than brutally violent 80's style action movie.

>Stays true to source material

No it doesn't. It lacks the comedic satire of the comics.

110% this. It is excellent.

Explain your fucking reasoning you gigantic faggot.

Movies are fucking dumb

Still miles better than Marvel's capeshit

What are you expecting?

I liked the premise, but the action disappointed and it got kind of boring towards the end. The Raid out-dredded Dredd pretty badly.

It was alright.
Would have enjoyed it more if there was more rip'n'tear from Dredd. He really didn't do a whole lot of neat stuff.

The Raid is better in very way.

it's totally overrated man
a great part of Sup Forums is dumb 15 year olds who will like something like Dredd because it's slightly different from the other garbage they like (marvel, etc). These are the same people who think Pacific Rim is a great film.

While it does try to be different and original the execution is pretty shitty, so overall the film is pretty mediocre.

move on

>No it doesn't. It lacks the comedic satire of the comics.

Satire is certainly there, comic was made by bunch of writers, some writers and artists were bit more subtle in it than others. It's not as over the top as some writers.

>le shit on a good movie since it's the only way to get a thread rolling

Typical Sup Forums thread and reply. Wouldn't be surprised if samefag.

>actual samefag

>anyone who likes X must be Y and are the same people who think Z is good
kill yourself

dredd is mediocre kid, deal with it
its highs were higher than the average marvel capeshit, but it was still lacking

>dredd is mediocre kid, deal with it
I disagree, and I'm not a kid, faggot

>its highs were higher than the average marvel capeshit, but it was still lacking
I loved it, and I usually hate comic book movies.

If you watched Dredd looking for well shot action, you definitely fucked up. It's a character study on Dredd, "something behind the control", he's the embodiment of fascism, and it delves into what living in such an environment can do to people. and how "normal" people like anderson cannot understand him.

Best to watch while high on slo-mo.

I think you already stated it.

No reasons or analysis given whatsoever. Do you want people to just take your word for it?

the acting/dialogue is pretty shit at several points throughout
take my word for it

it's an ok flick though, I enjoyed it overall, it's just not something that should be called great by any standard

You should be a YouTube reviewer. You'd fit right in.

it's not high theater, nobody is terrible in it though.

Faggot go back to school. Summer is over

i prefer the old cheesy one with sly.

personally i loved it and want more of that