Right?

what did people rate it as?

yes

ITT: Movie women don't understand

>rotten tomatoes: 91%

Yes

I'M SHIPPING UP TO BOSTON

AND I LOST MY LEG

No, good movie. What is your problem with it friendo?

Dicaprio kinda just kills it with his shitty acting.

OOOHHHH HEYYY

DO NOT PURSUE

SAY IN THE CAAAAH

My mommyfu was in it and she did a scene in her panties
It was pure kino

So you hate good things purpose? He portrays his character pretty well. I don't see the problem. The scene where he meets with the therapist the first time, that's very key to his character.

Underrated*

Why do people make threads like this without giving their reasons? And a movie being overrated is not a critique.

hows ya mudda

it's alright but it's definitely mid-tier Scorsese at its best. It's pretty fun but also rather brainless and all of the stuff with Damon/DiCaprio's love interest is garbage. Nicholson also hams it up. It's a decently entertaining movie, it is a shame that Scorsese won for it instead of something like Wolf of Wall Street though.

That dude is a skilled actor.

The plot makes no damn sense.

Literally every fucking clue indicates that Billy is the rat yet street savvy Frank can't figure it out, derp

Personally, I think Wolf of Wall Street was actually a pretty good movie and Leo's best performance.

No, it's a perfectly executed genre film. It's very good.

You might have missed the point of my post. I was saying that it's a shame that Scorsese DID win for The Departed instead of one of his actual good movies like Wolf. I consider Wolf of Wall Street with Raging Bull, After Hours, King of Comedy, and Taxi Driver, as his best.

Frank was a rat or did you sleep through the movie.

What about Goodfellas?

it has tons of lines I quote multiple times a week, and overall it's a really funny movie

but it also has some really shitty "clever" movie lines

>we deal in deception. we don't deal in self-deception

DiCrapio, Whalberg and Nicholson's acting
the entire plot and pacing

Infernal Affairs was much better

that fucking part where matt damon asks what the departed's name is made me cringe

and how about the scene where the rat is texting the mobsters in the same room as where the cops are surveilling them?

also the ending was terrible
>everyone dies unexpectedly and there's no real closure

I like Goodfellas a lot but I prefer the other 5 I mentioned. Goodfellas would be next in line though, for sure.

right

Of course it is. Infernal Affairs by contrast is highly underrated.

I haven't seen the movie in years so I can't really debate you about it. But how about giving reasons why this and that was a problem. What exactly was wrong with the plot. Which part had pacing problems and why. What could've been done differently to fix those problems. What makes IA better etc. It would make it easier for people to understand you. It's too easy to just say plot was shit, pacing was shit, acting was shit. By giving reasons and suggestions on how it could be done differently it seperates a serious post from a shit post.

kekked hard

the accents are just unbearably bad, wtf

overrated piece of shit, everyone that likes it can go fuck themselves

For the Feds, which has fuck all to do with the rat working for the state police who want to put him away.

And before you say 'he didn't really care about the state police', well then why the hell did he put Colin in there and have him run background checks on his whole crew.

More like The Defarted.

LMAO

>right?

wrong

THIS

maybe

maybe not

maybe fuck yourself

>that scene where Matt Damon's character says he "could give a shit" instead of "couldn't give a shit"

How did a writing error make it through to the final cut?

>could give a shit
>but you don't

damon's character is gay for sure

tons of subtext around it and it adds the next level layer of meaning to him living a dual life

it was on purpose u fucking pleb

>qui bono

qui gives a shit

that means that you couldn't give a shit

>I was pretending to be retarded

Couldn't means it's literally impossible by the laws of the universe is making it so and there isn't a damn thing you could do about it.
Face it, if you could give a shit, you're saying you could but you're not gonna.
Adds more to the sarcasm.

>Movie is called The Departed
>everyone on the poster dies

POTTERY

It was a good movie. DiCaprio, Nicholson, Damon and Whalberg were fantastic. It had a lot of Scorcese-isms, so it was stylized well and with taste. It was definitely over praised by the Academy.

It was funny to me because before this movie was out my friend could never tell the difference between DiCaprio, Damn, or Whalberg.
He just could never tell who is who ever and this movie comes out.
Him and our other couple of friends watched it and he totally had no clue what was going on.
He's retarded.

>projecting

back to rebbit with you

>he thought this was witty

Is your friend Asian?

Haha, I have that same problem with Ryan Gosling and Ryan Reynolds. It doesn't help that they have the same first name either. The Notebook and Deadpool are hard to discern from each other, in my head.

K

came here to post this

>DUDE EVERYONE DIES LMAO

Weasel Matt Damon confirmed as only good matt damon
>is there any greater feeling than damon betraying you or marky mark executing you?

From Frank's perspective, what were the clues that BIlly was the rat?