HOLY SHIET

WHY Sup Forums DONT TALK ABOUT THIS?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RxV26NVCak0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

WHITE

WHAT

FOR REAL! THIS ALBUM IS AMAZING!

LISTEN PLEBS! THIS ALBUM AINT GOOD AT ALL! FACT THAT YOU LIKE MAKE ME THINK MAYBE YOU UNDERAGE?

F**K YOU!

DONT KNOW HOW YOU DO IT

buh buh buh buh buh BUH BUH buh buh buh buh buh BUH BUH buh buh buh buh buh BUH BUH

Because it's too good for this place
Big Star had one of the GOAT trilogies with #1 Record/Radio City/Third. The only trilogies I'd put up there with it are Bowie's Berlin trilogy and The Stooges' original run of albums.

Have you listened to Badfinger, OP? If you like Big Star you'll like them.

Cheap Trick
In Color
Heaven Tonight

>"Shiet"

>F**K YOU

C'mon people! This IS 4 Chan!
You ARE allowed to swear here.

(Oh, yeah. Just so I'm staying on topic, Alex Chilton ROCKS! Big Star were great, and so were The Box Tops. Plus this guy produced THE CRAMPS! How fucking cool is THAT?)

chris bell's record is p great as well

youtube.com/watch?v=RxV26NVCak0

Sup Forums has bad taste and lots of people on here seem to discredit more or less normal rock music

having said that Big Star is the shit

>having said that Big Star is the shit
Fucking pleb. #1 is one of the greatest power pop albums ever recorded. India is the only bad track

I can appreciate them but I find none of their songs really stick with me. I can't remember how they go after listening to their first two albums several times.

THE shit.

Usually when I'm in the mood for Big Star I put on Radio City. I'm not a huge fan of Chris Bell's voice, plus Chilton was the better songwriter I think, and I like the meaner guitar sound on Radio City. With that said #1 Record has a nice idyllic Christmas-in-July feel to it or something, I don't hate it at all, some of the songs just aren't super notable.

This has been the weirdest shill thread I've seen in a while

I downloaded your shit and its pretty meh

Really? I feel like number 1 record is one of the catchiest albums Ive ever heard. Knew all the songs by the second listen

I like it, but some of it is just lacking in really memorable replayable stuff. However, Ballad of El Goodo is one of the best songs ever written

AINT NO ONE GOING TO TURN ME ROUND

I feel I WOULD know all the songs by heart had I grown up with them. Maybe my expectations were too high going in.

More Songs About Buildings and Food
Fear of Music
Remain in Light

Bringing It All Back Home
Highway 61 Revisited
Blonde on Blonde

Best jangle pop song I've ever heard

Thirteen, ooo mama

The first time I ever listened to Big Star, I didn't really get what the big deal was, it just sounded like generic 70's hard rock to me. But after a while it all starts to click together, and you kinda get a feel for the whole thing. Alex Chilton had a real penchant for vocal melodies, and the production is fucking beautiful by modern standards.

I do think Third is more interesting from a musical standpoint, but #1 Record is just fucking fun to listen to. It's a real shame they weren't more popular.

The Colour of Spring
Spirit of Eden
Laughing Stock

Tago Mago
Ege Bamyasi
Future Days

Cuz we are not 13 year old girls

Fuck yes, all time favourite for sure. Thirteen, When My Baby's Beside Me, Give Me Another Chance, In The Street are all 10/10

children by the million sing for Alex Chilton
when he comes around

Bump

How did you manage to choose the 4 worst songs? Unless you're implying the rest are 11/10

>Thirteen
>worst
nobody's impressed

4th worst