Why are jazz fans always so pretentious and autistic?

why are jazz fans always so pretentious and autistic?

I fucking hate this board

Everyone on this board is.

it's a musicians genre .'^)

I find jazz fans among the least autistic, maybe not the least pretentious though
maybe the emoe people are the least pretentious

this shit is the cancer of this terrible board

>jazz fans
>not prog fans

most autistic people here are either k-pop fans or the poptimists

>Is on Sup Forums
>Calls other people pretentious and autistic

You're swimming in the same garbage as everyone else friendo

Sup Forums is gone

>bored in my room
>nothing to do
>months since i've been on Sup Forums
>whynot.gif
>first post i see is this piece of shit
>nothanks.jpg

jazz exists on a platonic sociocultural plane where everyone is cultivated and drinks nice wines and speaks hushedly in bed, pillow top with a white, australian wool-filled comforter, slender wife who reads russian books, where sex is readily accessible, but distinguishedly rare, and that is quite attractive indeed to autists

this is too specific to not be the projection of some jazz major meanie who stole your oneitis and hurt your fee fees
read a book

Only that album is pretentious and autistic.

perfect

also who the fuck uses flat accidentals over a B7 chord?

Jazz is a lot like how women argue -- you KNOW she's saying something shitty about you, but you can't pinpoint exactly what it is.

You want to fucking slap her, but that would escalate things, so you keep your cool, but you're still filled with this feeling of "you fucking BITCH, I KNOW what you're SAYING but I can't PROVE WHAT YOURE SAYING."

It's a very provocative cunt kind of music genre. It's meant to make you feel stupid. It's intentionally playing on your insecurities -- just like a woman would.

This is a fucking terrible post on all fronts.

Jazz fans are not pretentious friend. Jazz musicians, on the other hand, are pretty arrogant, but in a cool way.

This is not true at all, haha what the hell.

so I have a question

I'm at a quality college of music with a great Jazz program (I'm classical) but there's all these white guys in the program who use so much Jazz lingo like "cat" "chops" "hip" etc. like are they trying to act cool or does doing Jazz change you physiologically?

Berklee students in the 70s

Jazz is a wet fart.

awful posting

Sometimes it genuinely comes from hanging around and learning from old black dudes when there were in high school, other times its probably about what your thinking.

a lot of white guys see old black jazz lingo/culture as exotic so they do autistic shit like that.

you just aren't a cool cat... you're square... you gotta walk, talk and breath jazz to make it big, ya dig? no one's chops are out of sight unless they're hip to the jazz lingo, man. The cats 'round Bird's place hear me talk and they know I'm badder than a motherfucker, y'hear? Bring your ax to the next jam, then we'll see who can REALLY play.

I can't believe this thread is doing better than the /jazz/ generals. fml i hate this board

Jazz fans are secret nerds. Prog fans are proud nerds.

yeah, its sad. jazz general is full of good info but its just the same 5 nerds going back and forth.

holy moly, where has this album been my whole life? Great stuff.

Also, have you ever had the opportunity to jam/play with someone irl because of posting on Sup Forums?

oh man, glad you like it. i just randomly tacked it on to my post hoping someone would look it up. and no, i cant say i have. probably wouldnt really want to either frankly. see if you can find this too maybe?

I don't get it, it's jazz and classical lovers in particular fucking elitists

Like, I love both, but I'm not some elitist about it. It's just retarded and divisive. They have brain damage and they're stupider than """"rockists"""" for sure (whatever that means)

>stupider

But I'm not.

This sounds personal.

damn I can't stand the bass tone of jazz from this period. I'm finding this album isn't that bad for that, though. I don't really like the title track, too abrasive for me, but everything else is out of sight.