How do I stop being stuck in my head ? How to free my mind ?

How do I stop being stuck in my head ? How to free my mind ?

Tips would be appreciated.

do some drugs

>stuck in my head

In which way?

Without drugs would be better

Thinking about me, my future, mistakes and so on. How to be in the moment ?

LSD

distract yourself, try to live in the moment, do sport, surrond yourself with other people

alcohol and drugs would also help but only provide a short term solution

For me its a constant battle. Being a human is a difficult experience for me. But the more i can "give up" the easier it seems to be. I watch a lot of speakers talk about their experience with life. I try to remind myself that im not in control. I write a lot. I workout.

Its all trial and error i guess.

Meditate.

Sit down, get into a comfortable position.
Count your breaths up to ten, when reached ten, start over.
If your mind distracts itself, gently nudge it back to your breaths. Let nothing else exist. Only how you breathe.

Good luck, user.

Picture a place you've been too, a favorite place, or the place you're in right now.
Breath steadily.
Count 5 things you feel physically
4 things you see
3 things you hear
2 things you smell
1 thing you taste.
Focus on it all for a few secons or longer.
Helped me through ptsd

Thanks anons, I will try your tips.

Also planning on leaving Sup Forums for a while to distance myself from useless or trash things you find in here.

How do you know whe you're meditating ?

>Ten day exercise
Buy an analog clock
Sit down and spend a minute looking at the second hand make a full rotation, counting up in your head. Do this as often as you want throughout the day.
Next day do two minutes, adding one minute a day. Don't start if you don't feel like it, but don't quit once you've started.

When it feels like your brain synapses stop firing off. If you're conscious but focussed on nothing then it's working.

What is focusing on nothing ?

Pick up a book called unfuck yourself I think its on Amazon for like 12 bucks thank me later

If you feel skeptical of your ability to focus on nothing and worry that meditating won't work, try a guided meditation - there are loads of YouTube videos. Put one on, sit down or lie down or whatever, and listen and focus on what it tells you and let it push and pull your mind in different directions.

Free your mind and the rest will follow

You need some WD-40 mate, shit unsticks everything. pop down to bunnings and grab us a snag while you're down there cunt

Found it, only good reviews, might try it. Thanks user, how did it help you ?

Literally nothing. It's tough at first but think of it like a physical exercise for the brain. The ability becomes stronger each time you do it. Just focus on nothing but your breathes in the beginning. Anything that creeps in while you're doing this is a thought that needs to be "shipped away" from the meditation.

You'll eventually become attuned to your thoughts and know which types stand out the most and how to address them when they do.

Drugs could work but you dont want to. So the next way is to face all your problems head on. When i started seeing how bad my life was becoming i wrote a jiant list of shit i needed to do. See pic related and fill it out. Then do the most important and urgent things on the list.

Stay focused and sooner or later youll be done. Theres nothing better than seeing your to-do list empty and knowing that you have actual free time.

Learn everything you can about cognitive bias. The stories you get stuck in are wrong, learn to disprove them. You don't need to be right in order to be happy.

About your mistakes user they happened. Nothing will change that so dont dwell on that forever because nothing can change them. No instead learn from them so you dont repeat them in the future.

Write it out.
Put your racing thoughts to productivity.
Try to figure out what's wrong, what you can do, what you would like to do, ect.

What the fuck other way is there?

We are fucking soul mates user!

But I just always talked down on myself, felt like I had no self worth, and that stems from my dad beating the living shit out of me, belittling me, never approved anything I did. So I always never really put forth an effort to anything, bad grades, no drive or will power to do anything. I knew if it wasn't perfect I'd either get my ass kicked or ragged on for the next 5 hours. Mother was an alcoholic, who was no mother at all, didn't go to my first dentist appt till I was out on my own, mean while my dad was making like 150k a year and we had the best insurance money could buy. A lot of self doubt from that shit.