/p4k/ - Nightly Pitchfork Countdown Hypetrain Thread

Fellow Pitchfork patricians, it is once again the time for our nightly countdown for Pitchfork's new reviews to be updated on the site at 1am eastern time.
10.0?
0.0?
Best New Music?
Best New Reissue?
8.0+ with no BNM?
A shitty set of 7's and below?
Weird Al’s eternal BNM incoming hypetrain!
Noctourniquetcourtsney Barnett Review?
Ian FUCKIN' Cohen?
Ryan "THE TASTEMAKER" Dombal?
Jayson "8.7" Greene?
Lindsay "qt feminist" Zoladz? [retired patrician, memory lives on forever]
Brandon “Meme Metal” Stosuy? [retired]
Grayson "Grizzly" Currin?
Brian "Backup" Howe?
Mark "the elder statesman" Richardson?
Evan "IS GARAGE ROCK DEAD" Minsker?
Andy "secretly alpha" Beta?
Zoe "¡DALE!" Camp?
Philip "Electronic Wizard” Sherburne?
Stephen "M." Deusner?
Laura "Sun Kil Buffoon" Snapes?
Jenn "Best New Tastemaker" Pelly
Marc "Not Mark" Hogan
KRIS "Meme Rap" EX
Jillian "they don't love you like I love you" Mapes
Kevin "who needs TMT anyways" Lozano

Will someone dethrone Kendrick Lamar’s 9.2 for AOTY?

OFFICIAL and accurate 2017 BNM Tally: 23
Nights since last BNM: 1

The most wonderful time of the night, every night, right now. Here it is, the nightly P4K thread. Time to get comfy.

>P4K Collection Rar (Over 300 deleted reviews, pics of every staff member, now slightly updated)
mega.nz/#!IkITCb5K!Nq3IGPLLNaGxaLZMiWRl0LF0ws77D_E4FO2eO4N1kwg

>Tonight's Top Stories
-This thread stands with Kesha eternally
-This thread hypes and supports DIIV, Jesu/Sun Kil Moon and each & every poster here
-/p4k/ forever

dumb shill

Kirin J Callinan 8.6

that's 8.7 points too high

Thanks for stopping by

Just wanted to pop in to give a quick fuck you to the browsers of this general

I'm leaving

This thread rejects the rape culture hysteria of Amber Coffman, Kitty Cordero-Kolin, Ke$ha, Larkin Grimm, Jessica Hopper, Meaghan Garvey, Pitchfork, MTV News, et al.

Thanks for the bump
Come back soon

why does pitchfork hate the mars volta

Fucking pretentious nonsense. These dilettantes take the cake I swear to god. Wow. Omar essentially just plays bluesy boring wankery - pentatonic scale shit - with some weird shit mixed in. Then something that approximates to Spanish music, which is nothing like actual Spanish music. Add in a bunch of pedals to obfuscate the fact the nothing makes sense. Cedric is fucking gay as shit. Probably literally has sucked cocks before. Though I guess that was all the rage in the kind of "am I bi? who knowsSsS tehe" post-hardcore scene of leftist faggotry. Oven these guys, for real. Stupid rich kid punk rockers.

what's your problem, dude?

That recent 8.4 r&b album is a yet to be surpassed example of shit lyrics ruining a well produced album

London grammar pan tonight

good

bow to your masters

copyright me, my collage, my property, etc.

nah, it's mine.

>emo tom
>philip seymour hoffman 2
>Q. "sleep glasses" Ball
>the most hip soccer mom
>whitematic
>sam rockwell 2
>the eyeless siamese from that album
>shoa sheckleberg
>alternative asian girl
>gums
>a better looking grimes
>ramon pink lips
>i used to be a cool girl
>martin chins
>i review the hipster metal albums
>beards are still cool, I swear
>another better looking grimes
>future goose
>token black guy who doesn't even get to review hip hop
>I also have a fursona
>i celebrate black womanhood
>golden state warriors fan
>token canadian guy
>another ugly grimes

>ugly grimes
that's a bit redundant don't you think

>Grimes
>not ugly
user...

do you know what redundant means

Refresh refresh refresh

yeah, but she's not only ugly. she's an ugly grimes.

ian cohen is a horrible writer. jeez.

WHITE MEN
NORDIC WHITE MEN
TRUE ARYAN
WHITE FOREVER

FLEET FOXES 8.7
FATHER JOHN MISTY BTFO

Someone hasn't read his review of Camp.

Fleet Foxes - Crack-Up: 8.7 by Ian Cohen
Chief Keef - Thot Breaker: 8.0 by Sheldon Pearce
DJ Sports - Modern Species: 7.8 by Philip Sherburne
Slow Dancer - In a Mood: 7.2 by Erin Vanderhoof

skimming it rn. does the camp review prove or disprove he's a shit writer?

CHIEF KEEF GOT AN 8
AHAHHAHAHAHAHA

>Chief Keef gets an 8.0

>It’s incredibly tempting to compare Crack-Up and Pure Comedy, and almost unavoidable—both records are long and lack the pure pop moments of each artist’s past. They are almost excessively pretty in their orchestration, and follow a general narrative arc from total cynicism to the realization that each other is all we’ve really got. But Pure Comedy makes the game feel rigged to Tillman’s delight, a lecture where we’re all reliant on the professor for the answer key. Fittingly, Crack-Up takes the more rewarding perspective of the overwhelmed, but exhilarated student of the world—unsure about their place in the big picture, about the answers to life’s grand mysteries, but damn sure of their willingness to figure it out.

Ian Cohen is a complete fucking retard. Pure Comedy was not a lecture and if that is all you got from it then you may as well kill yourself. You are a fucking music writer and you only explored the album's surface, which is obviously why you found it boring.

INDIE ROCK
GROID BTFO
WHITE PPL
I LOVE WHITE MUSIC

>Pure Comedy was not a lecture
no shit retard, he's saying that in a mocking way

( ._.)

mocking or not, he's misrepresenting it.

he's using a metaphor to say that Pure Comedy feels preachy, which is a completely valid point against the album whether you liked it or not

oh great. he's gonna argue with himself again to keep this thread bumped. peace. outta here.

yeah and Death to June is just neo-Nazi music, right? That's called being a lazy listener.

>false equivalence
>not liking an album means you're a lazy listener
FJM fans are as insufferable as he is

are you the guy who patrols these threads and comments obvious facts that he thinks are secret and thinks he's spooked anons? Grow up, you fucking dunce. also, I'm not arguing with myself. fucking lol. you may want to read more Dashiell Hammett because you've got it wrong this time.

>hit a nerve

>strawman
>strawman
FJM haters are as insufferable as can be

>I read every Sup Forums post as some glorious roaring diatribe

>im fagot

it is a false equivalence. Death To June's aesthetic borrows from nazism, which would mean a lazy listener would think they're neo-nazis. FJM's music wouldn't feel preachy if you didn't listen for the lyrics, so a lazy listener wouldn't call it preachy
also, you're literally just saying he's a retard for not agreeing with you on whether the album is preachy or not. explain how the album is not preachy and then we'll talk. keep acting like a butthurt fan and no one will take you seriously.

>hit a nerve

Which one do you think spends the most time on Sup Forums?

apologize to me right now or i won't help you anymore

ok im sory i do use proxies pls halp i am alone

>Death To June's aesthetic borrows from nazism, which would mean a lazy listener would think they're neo-nazis. FJM's music wouldn't feel preachy if you didn't listen for the lyrics, so a lazy listener wouldn't call it preachy
lol, how do you figure? You described Death to June's reasoning and then somehow that same reasoning doesn't apply to FJM? Both are instances where being a lazy listener would cause you to only absorb what is on the surface. It's not a false equivalence. I'm honestly interested why you think it is.

>also, you're literally just saying he's a retard for not agreeing with you on whether the album is preachy or not.
Not at all. As I already said to you, he's misrepresenting it.

>keep acting like a butthurt fan and no one will take you seriously.
keep having terrible reading comprehension and no one will take you seriously, user.

fine, I'm sorry. just calm down and don't be so angry all the time. all your posts sound like you are seething with spite.

not me btw. not proxies.

apology accepted.

>It's not a false equivalence. I'm honestly interested why you think it is.
did you even read my post? do you just double-down on your opinions because you don't know what to say to a rebuttal? a lazy listener wouldn't pay attention to the lyrics, which is exactly what makes Pure Comedy feel preachy (the lyrics that is). DIJ makes use of Nazi imagery and aesthetic which aren't necessarily tied to the lyrics and are easier for a lazy listener to notice
>Not at all.
>Ian Cohen is a complete fucking retard. Pure Comedy was not a lecture and if that is all you got from it then you may as well kill yourself.
sure you didn't
>keep having terrible reading comprehension and no one will take you seriously, user.
right back at ya

;)

don't make fun pls

>did you even read my post? do you just double-down on your opinions because you don't know what to say to a rebuttal? a lazy listener wouldn't pay attention to the lyrics, which is exactly what makes Pure Comedy feel preachy (the lyrics that is). DIJ makes use of Nazi imagery and aesthetic which aren't necessarily tied to the lyrics and are easier for a lazy listener to notice
Okay, I get what you are saying. With Death in June, I was more referring to their overall controversy. Usually with controversial artists, you know of their controversy before even listening to them. For example, parents who would immediately dismiss a song like Better by You, Better than Me simply because of the suicide controversy. I would call them "lazy listeners".

>sure you didn't
Yes, I did not. I was saying he was retarded for contributing to a meme of misrepresenting an album. I was not calling him out for not agreeing with me.

I wasn't

ok that's fair
I kinda like Pure Comedy desu

;[

daily reminder no white men have gotten a bnm this year.
p4k shill never came back.
good content guy was good at photoshop.
beach house meme was the best meme.

all of those are false except for the p4k shill one

gcg was/is good, and vicki from beach house is my waifu so yes that is the best meme.

if you don't use proxies, how do you get a unique ip to post with? lotsa burners?

>how do you get a unique ip to post with?
I don't though. I would never do anything of the sort, user. I am an upstanding Sup Forumstant. I'm just making this board better one post at a time.

sorry to be the newfag but who was good content guy?

literally my best friend

tell me how or i'll kill myself

I don't know what you are talking about. the answer to your question may be in this thread though since this thread has everything. p4k countdown is the only thing keeping this board alive.

nvm
figured it out
you're a jani/mod